Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Pulled Over again. For tints

After getting a haircut and looking handsome again. Anyway, the cop decided to pulled me over due to my tinted windows he cited me a ticket and ask to remove it but wait theres still more he also ask that I cannot my new painted tail lights. But I am very confused bec on the fix it ticket its only mentioned the window tint not the tail lights at all? Any help please should I tossed my tail lights too or just go for what the ticket which is the window tint? I hate this town really!!
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
After getting a haircut and looking handsome again. Anyway, the cop decided to pulled me over due to my tinted windows he cited me a ticket and ask to remove it but wait theres still more he also ask that I cannot my new painted tail lights. But I am very confused bec on the fix it ticket its only mentioned the window tint not the tail lights at all? Any help please should I tossed my tail lights too or just go for what the ticket which is the window tint? I hate this town really!!
What state?

I heard in TX that tail light tent is now illegal if not DOT approved vs just being visible from certain distances.

As for your ticket, looks like you just got hit for the window tint.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Why can't you do lights? Didnt know that was even a law against it
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
What state?

I heard in TX that tail light tent is now illegal if not DOT approved vs just being visible from certain distances.

As for your ticket, looks like you just got hit for the window tint.
So should I only remove the window tint? Damn thats a bummer its ****ing hot here in California and I feel naked without the tint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
I dont know in Cali! Im so mad!!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I'm not sure of the legal limit for tint in Cali, but there is a clear ceramic coating you can have put on your windows that will still cut down on the heat coming into the car. Applied just like window tint.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
05mbm

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS
Just get Legal tint. In Texas it is it like 30% which is soo much better then no tint.
05mbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
BigRedMikeLV

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Metallic 1LE/2SS/RS
In California all tint is illegal on any of your lights, front side windows, or windshield unless you have a medical reason to tint. The only things you can tint are rear passenger windows to 35% (correct me if I'm wrong on the percentage anyone)

Edited for correctness, also source:http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html
BigRedMikeLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Head.... hurts.... runonsentences.

What town? Got 35% on mine and never had a problem. Even been stopped for other things and not been cited for tint.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Y'all are kidding, right? DOT has standards based on research over the years, which determines colors/tints of lights, tail lights, side markers, etc. It's a safety issue and I am all for enforcement of those standards. As far as I know, every state has them.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
I got pulled over today for tint and no front license plate
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
Gruv3451

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
I carry a doctors note/rx for my window tint. I get it renewed every 2 years and have done so for at least 20 years. Been pulled over twice for window tint in that 20 years and both times got out of it. And my tint is NOT within the legal limit

I do wear glasses/contacts so I suppose I have an advantage.
Gruv3451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
Cali Cam82

Drives: Black SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
I would leave the tail lights on, he only mentioned the window tint on the ticket so you are good.
Cali Cam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Cam82 View Post
I would leave the tail lights on, he only mentioned the window tint on the ticket so you are good.
Until he sees you again and tickets you for the lights. Just get them within the legal limit and be done with it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Head.... hurts.... runonsentences.

What town? Got 35% on mine and never had a problem. Even been stopped for other things and not been cited for tint.
Fresno Sir we're on the same town!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Cam82 View Post
Yes, I will only remove the tint but not the painted tail lights bec they illuminate when you hit the brakes and very visible.