Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #15
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Same tuner, same dyno, and it is a BTR stage 3 PD cam..
Doesn't matter 1 bit, it's another persons car not the same car, different engine, and the tune file is probably different too.

We all know some cars from factory make more power than others and some make less, to go and bolt all your performance parts on to another persons car minus the camshaft for a different one, doesn't mean that the cam change was the HP difference.

I'd be more inclined to believe the camshaft was at fault, if you installed the BTR3 into his car first, loaded up your tune file that you were running with, then made the same HP you made previously now on his car and then swapped the cam out for the one you wanted and had a gain in HP.

You cannot claim a HP gain from XYZ camshaft unless you back to back run it against the BTR3 cam on the same engine with the same tune or similar enough tune.
At the moment you are comparing your HP numbers to someone else HP numbers with the difference being the cam, engine, tune file.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Of course it's different tune.. different cam..

Not 40 rwhp different in motors. We have the same exhaust!

And look at the 16s there all dynoing with in 5 hp of each other..

in fact both cars dynoed before we both did any mods. Both cars are where with in 3 hp I did 377 he did 374..

Nice try!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 01-15-2016 at 09:18 AM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Sounds like OP has a turd engine compared to his friend.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #18
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Sounds likes a good way to sell another cam

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #19
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

FYI didn't even go with a jre cam just some suggestions

Just for get it..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #20
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Were just messing with you EDF

I suppose its possible to get different results with different blowers. I know the e-force blowers are known for high torque levels due to their longer runners. Maybe the BTR cam does a bit better with blowers that might have a bit less velocity to the intake charge?
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #21
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
There are some variables in both setups with the tune. I'd be interested to see the data logs, what timing and afr. Also things like ignition, spark plugs, gas used would not be the same either
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #22
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Reading the title is like someone saying they enjoy getting kicked in the junk.

Chasing dyno numbers can be a depressing game unless you lay down bucket loads of green. The truth will be proven in your ETA's. What were they?

Numbers can drastically change on dynos depending on Who did it, what type of dyno and When it was done.

Sorry to hear that a cam designed for NA wasn't the best fit for your FI setup. Cams are designed for specific purposes if you want the max benefits from it you have to get one that is spec'd for your exact setup.

BTR is one of the best in the industry for a reason.

I can't speak of Ted because that just ends up in a ban from the forum because we aren't allowed to tell the truth anymore.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #23
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
LOL. Peak HP numbers on a dyno are pretty. If that's the goal, fine. But if you're looking to make for some low ET's, it's how the power is delivered. You probably already know that. I just know that I've smoked some notably higher RWHP S/C'd cars compared to my lower peak RWHP. Area under the curve can be a good predictor. It's all fun and games, smoke and mirrors, winners and losers.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #24
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Reading the title is like someone saying they enjoy getting kicked in the junk.

Chasing dyno numbers can be a depressing game unless you lay down bucket loads of green. The truth will be proven in your ETA's. What were they?

Numbers can drastically change on dynos depending on Who did it, what type of dyno and When it was done.

Sorry to hear that a cam designed for NA wasn't the best fit for your FI setup. Cams are designed for specific purposes if you want the max benefits from it you have to get one that is spec'd for your exact setup.

BTR is one of the best in the industry for a reason.

I can't speak of Ted because that just ends up in a ban from the forum because we aren't allowed to tell the truth anymore.
Yup I guess sponsors are allowed to hide the truth on camaro5
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #25
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
This thread reminds me of why I rarely visit this forum anymore.

Without reading the thread someone would assume the title insinuates that BTR provided a cam that was not good, and that Jannety knew better.

Anyone who has built a car, or lived in the LS world outside of this forum, knows how far that is from the truth.

You should think a little bit before you write the title. That is why we were given brains.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:59 PM   #26
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
This thread reminds me of why I rarely visit this forum anymore.

Without reading the thread someone would assume the title insinuates that BTR provided a cam that was not good, and that Jannety knew better.

Anyone who has built a car, or lived in the LS world outside of this forum, knows how far that is from the truth.

You should think a little bit before you write the title. That is why we were given brains.
Thanks for suggestion..

I guess you can read literally meaning cam ot product sucks.. but I meant it performs like crap w this blower compared to others..

Old 01-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #27
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
A couple of important variables not mentioned that come to mind, are they both auto's/manuals and do they have the same gear ratios, that will also affect #'s
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:23 PM   #28
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Didn't mean to stir anything up just inform that if your using this cam with and eforce your leaving a lot on the table.

Just was a huge coinsidence that 40 rwhp was picked up over a cam change.. something that I was told by jre came true. They didn't give an exact number but he did say it would be noticeable.

40 rwhp is noticeable to me.. like I said

His block and cam are the only mechanical veribles.

Facts are we dynoed on same dyno stock and moded.

Stock car to stock within 5 hp

Same tuner for my build and his build
Same dyno cars after mods

I sold all these parts with my blower

Same blower
Same exact exhaust
Same pump
Same injectors
Same roto fab
Same ls9 gaskets (new)
Same intake orings used didn't replace
Same,TB oring used
Same BTR springs same pushrods

Different parts..

LS3 rockers both stock each car reused its own
Ls3 lifters same stock both cars reused its own
Different cam

Ted if hurt your rep I'm sorry I was just so excited for my friend when his car did Btr than mine w suggestion u made..

Please Don't let this reflect on his shop or company.. just wanted to spread word this guy knows his stuff.