Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
First saw Grand Torino and decided I was going to be in my 80s with a low mileage original 5th gen in my garage. Then actually pulled the trigger on a pre order after seeing Transformers. I would say it nudged me over the edge. Still low mileage but so much for original. Ordered my Comp Thumper cam, Cold Air Inductions intake, and Kooks long tubes with full 3" exhaust yesterday. Have wanted a BadA Camaro since I was 16.
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #30
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
They sold a hell of a lot of Trans Ams in the 70s after the Smokey and the Bandit movie came out. That being said, I never understood the transformers phenomenon. I'm just glad the car didn't appear in a Harry Potter movie otherwise people here would be sticking wizards riding brooms on the side of their cars.
I didn't think of this but you are right. I wanted the black Trans Am w/ the eagle on the hood when I saw it in the movie. I couldn't afford one back then or else I would have purchased one. To this day I think about buying one and I know where there is a great one that has 45K miles on it. It hasn't been run in a very long time (15+) so not sure how much work it will need. It's also an automatic which I don't like but if/when the old guy wants to sell it I will be first in line.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #31
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to buy the camaro?
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Heard the announcement, but when I saw it in the movie, I knew that I had to have it. I guess it played a good part in my purchase decision.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
No decision based on the movie.......lol, based on research and knowing what I wanted after the last gen was so fugly it only could be eclipsed in fuglyness by fox body stangs and such. It was plain old pent up demand for a decent looking camaro that looked like a camaro. They have done such drastic body changes over time this one is the bomb and the stang has milked this retro thing into being a old ho now and is really varied from what the 71 stang ? the 65 stang? Hell even mustang owners do not know wether theirs came from the 1st or 2nd gen of thier body style as its morfed over a decade from this to that little by little. Now they are finally supposed to maybe make 4 cylinder and four door stangs and IRS stangs........lol anything they can do to sell a ford. Next time he snipes tell him ," I just saw a whole line of ford fanatics being brainwashed watching a movie about the new corvette called "stingray" and they are buying corvettes as fast as they can". And then go on to tell him how the stingray blows away all kings of mustangs and the nasty ford boys have no answer for the stingray invasion except to keep trying to make thier engines larger and louder to scare the competition away but they allways end up loosing it in the corners and rolling to their death over cliffs and such...........And at the end of the movie theres a bunch of kids playing with monkeys on a stick on a burnt out mustang gt 500 supersnake corpse.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
1MULLET

Drives: 2002 2500 HD 9"lift, 2010 SS/RS
I knew I had to have one from the day I saw the concept. Was going to get a black or red, was so undecided. Did not even want to see the movie as I thought it would be stupid CGI crap. Was with my family at thier cottage and my dad asked if I saw the movie and I said " no....not really interested in seeing it ". He said it was pretty good, lets watch it. "Ok". The car turned and I said "holy shit" that is the color I am getting. I did not even really know it was in the movie because I did not pay attention to it and did not care to see it. Well I have THAT color and concept touches......so movie made my color decision but the CONCEPT sold me!
1MULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #35
jravenfan

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic
Ohio SS,
Tell him mustangs have been on over 500 movies and the Camaro is out selling them,

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...over-500-films
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #36
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
Ohio SS,
Tell him mustangs have been on over 500 movies and the Camaro is out selling them,

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...over-500-films
Wow that's a shocking number. I wonder if any of the movies that the Mustangs were in were as popular as the Transformers movie?
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #37
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
The first time I saw the Transformers movie on premier night, I made a promise to myself to get one.

IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #38
Chicadepueblo
2010 2SS/RS "Rizzo"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Guilty as charged. Saw the movie saw the car. Had to have one. End of story.
Chicadepueblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #39
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
I doubt I'd be in the process of ordering/purchasing a Camaro if Transformers never came out
However, Barricade/The Mustang in the movie chasing Bee was pretty nice as well. And I don't necessarily consider myself a Mustang fan
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #40
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red

I would also like to praise Chevy for making the Camaro very much like the concept car that was shown on Transformers!
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #41
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
0 influence, Now Megan Fox had a huge influence
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:58 AM   #42
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
From the time they stopped production of the 4th gen in 2002 I've been hunting the Internet and looking at "5th gen concept designs" I that kept popping up and when it finally came out that they were actually going to build it I was hooked. The movie didn't do anything for me on the decision to buy one, I already had that set in my head. Buuuuuut I know a lot of people that didn't know About the car until the move came out. So it was a huge advertising thing for GM and I think it sold them a ton of cars.