Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
platinum ss
Brandon Gilpin

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / 2014 Fiesta ST
Cam Tuning issues

Hello All, im having some tuning issues with my car, its got a vengeance racing cam( great Grind) but when I get into the throttle it seems to hesitate .... if you were to try to quickly get on it from a stand still but not launch it the car practically falls on its face....

The car runs great with great drivability but im just stumped as to what's causing the hesitation...it has a strong maf sensor

any help is appreciated.
2011 Camaro 1SS Platinum ed. ls3 k&n CAI, BBK LT's, MBRP Cat Back, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Camshaft, Melling oil pump, Norris Catch Can, dyno tuned By AGP Speed & Custom, msd coils, taylor cables, Vmax ported throttle body, strut brace, eibach springs, hurst ST shifter.

Black on black, Private forged wheels, Oracle side marker lights, black tail light bezels, 3D Carbon body kit
platinum ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Do you have a copy of the tune you can post. That would help.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
white ZL1

Drives: none
Traction control off?
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum ss View Post
Hello All, im having some tuning issues with my car, its got a vengeance racing cam( great Grind) but when I get into the throttle it seems to hesitate .... if you were to try to quickly get on it from a stand still but not launch it the car practically falls on its face....

The car runs great with great drivability but im just stumped as to what's causing the hesitation...it has a strong maf sensor

any help is appreciated.
Right away I'd say that you lost some bottom end with the cam, so you might consider some 3.91 and up gears to even it out. You could remove or lower torque management parameters in the tune as well just to make sure that they're not restraining some horses on the way up. Of course torque management is there to protect your transmission, so be aware.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
non vvt cams do make gains but also shift your power band up or down...all in cam spec. So yes...big cam may make big gains up top but it could hurt you down low. More gear like the other guy said will help lick it.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum ss View Post

any help is appreciated.
Do you have a wideband in the car? It sounds like a possible transient fuel issue. My car had an issue with a stumble on tip-in, fixed now.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
1st the Camaro does come with hesitation built in to the potentiometer stuff on the throttle by wire that should have been altered by the tune to have no throttle delay.
And if you had a good tuner tune it should not have this problem and may be that the fuel ratio was not remapped right to make SURE YOU DO NOT GO LEAN? That for sure would make the engine try to protect itself, and cause hesitation due to knock sensors, also other things can be the cause. good luck
Old 05-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #8
Bccfastet

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black Camaro
I have a 2013 ZL1 and every time I try launch control the car hesitates and then takes off after I pedal it anybody know what's wrong ?
Bccfastet
Bccfastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #9
Bccfastet

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black Camaro
ZL1 1 Hesitation launch Control

I have a 2013 ZL1 and every time I try launch control the car hesitates and then takes off after I pedal it anybody know what's wrong ?
Bccfastet
Bccfastet is offline   Reply With Quote