Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #15
55Designs

Drives: 2010
the driveshaft is the only area that needs attention as everything else was checked. As for the axles causing this I have no clue how that can be checked. If anyone knows how to check the axles let me know.

The tail output shaft of the gearbox i have a special roller bearing which gives extra support same as the Grand Am Cup cars. I will install once i get a driveshaft to save my shop guys time.

not a wheel and tire issue at all and the car is tight as heck suspension wise.

I honestly and just looking to rid this problem once and for all. 1 piece or two piece I dont care I just want to know which would be the best to get.

My OEM unit has play in the center bearing and there is too much slop in the adjustments of the flanges. My car is too modified to get any of this warranted.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #16
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
My OEM unit has play in the center bearing and there is too much slop in the adjustments of the flanges. My car is too modified to get any of this warranted.
Hmmm, so maybe the rest of us "modified" guys have this to look forward to...
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #17
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
the driveshaft is the only area that needs attention as everything else was checked. As for the axles causing this I have no clue how that can be checked. If anyone knows how to check the axles let me know.

The tail output shaft of the gearbox i have a special roller bearing which gives extra support same as the Grand Am Cup cars. I will install once i get a driveshaft to save my shop guys time.

not a wheel and tire issue at all and the car is tight as heck suspension wise.

I honestly and just looking to rid this problem once and for all. 1 piece or two piece I dont care I just want to know which would be the best to get.

Let me know how everything checks out on the tranny and will take care of the rest.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #18
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
The current GTO record holder, 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place and darn near the entire top 10 have one piece driveshafts.
I think this is pretty important information for this thread.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #19
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
seems like biased opinions from both vendors not that its bad but I just dont know which way to turn. I am honestly doing this upgrade to our company demo car to eliminate vibration on the highway and high speed straights on the track. We are not drag racers and we are not that hard on the car. Its the OEM unit that just outright stinks. No driveshaft shop can balance the entire OEM assembly in NY metro area so I figure toss it for a new one.

Its so frustrating driving this car now at any speed above 65.

I will throw this message out to both G Force and Hendrix. What sort of warranty do you both promise regarding your shafts? What if we bought the shaft and it made the vibration worse what are our options?
theres a driveshaft shop in brooklyn called k &m drive line there pretty good they have done shafts for me before http://local.yahoo.com/info-11324039...rated-brooklyn
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
55Designs

Update:

Been patiently waiting and vendors still have nothing to sell us so today we went under the car for a good evaluation.

our OEM center bearing is fatigued badly. Must be caused from the heat from the exhaust who really knows. Our car has only 2k miles and was never dragged.

Fore/Aft and up and down play on the center bearing is about 3/4 inch which is excessive. We compared to another Camaro and a 2010 CTSV.

Our output shaft on the Tremec is running nice and smooth and there is no fatigue to the round rubber isolators where the flanges mount.

So for now the car will sit until a shaft gets sent to us. Waiting for another vendor to call us today with an option they are offering on their LS9 Camaro's
Old 09-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Update:

Been patiently waiting and vendors still have nothing to sell us so today we went under the car for a good evaluation.

our OEM center bearing is fatigued badly. Must be caused from the heat from the exhaust who really knows. Our car has only 2k miles and was never dragged.

Fore/Aft and up and down play on the center bearing is about 3/4 inch which is excessive. We compared to another Camaro and a 2010 CTSV.

Our output shaft on the Tremec is running nice and smooth and there is no fatigue to the round rubber isolators where the flanges mount.

So for now the car will sit until a shaft gets sent to us. Waiting for another vendor to call us today with an option they are offering on their LS9 Camaro's
It was good talking to you today Phil, let me know what you decide. I have the billet pinion yoke on the shelf ready to go.
We can also make the shafts without the billet pinion yoke and use an adapter for the guys not wanting to mess with swaping the yoke out.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
05gofast

Drives: Something Fast
One piece shafts have been tried multiple times in GTO's & personally the only one's I've driven with no vibrations at all have been those with 2 piece shafts. And they take the abuse pretty well.

G-force & Hendrix are both respectible dealers who are very good about standing behind their product and knowledgable. I would give both a call & make your decision from there.
05gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #23
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
I would go 1 piece personally, but I would never fork over $1,000 for a driveshaft.
usmc8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #24
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Hendrix engineering,

Any two piece shaft updates???
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #25
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
We have the only drive shafts that have been over 200 mph in street GTOs .This is street cars with our two piece ds.We have rear billit yokes as well.The two piece will always be smother and have a much,much higher critical speed.If you drive a 4000lb street car that you take to the track i wouldnt consider anything other than our two piece.If we can help you get a heavy duty drive shaft that will talk all the abuse you can throw at it but keep the smooth ride,give us a call.
From what I understand is when the shaft get's too long it can whip.This can cause the driveline to fail. I do not know how long the shaft is on the Camaro but I do know we have a shortbed truck here that makes 1000rwhp.When we searched for a driveshaft a few very smart builders said to run a 2 piece shaft since this truck spins the tires up to 220mph on burnouts.
So,I'll go out on a limb and say a 2 piece shaft does pretty well.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #26
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
From what I understand is when the shaft get's too long it can whip.This can cause the driveline to fail. I do not know how long the shaft is on the Camaro but I do know we have a shortbed truck here that makes 1000rwhp.When we searched for a driveshaft a few very smart builders said to run a 2 piece shaft since this truck spins the tires up to 220mph on burnouts.
So,I'll go out on a limb and say a 2 piece shaft does pretty well.
ThAT must surprise a few people LOL...Yea we love our two piece and we wil be releasing our shaft SOON!!!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #27
55Designs

Patiently waiting and I am frustrated.

the 2 piece just isnt ready yet or there are some issues not being disclosed I dont know.

I already know the Grand Am cars and Drift cars are using 1 piece chromoly or carbon successfully

Now after speaking with the 1 piece manufactures they feared a few issues of heat from the exhaust, and angle interference. since a 1 piece requires a 4inch diameter tube.

Im at all end here and I honestly want to do this before the winter arrives.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #28
SMPdude

Drives: 2010 Camaros and more
I will give my 2cents here also.....LOL. We run a one piece in our GS cars and have to say, we went though a few different designs until they finally made something that was live-able. Not saying it was right, but live-able. From what I have seen, I believe the 2 piece shaft would be the way to go.
SMPdude is offline   Reply With Quote