Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopss View Post
stop waiting and get the zl575. same as the z28.
i wish i could afford that car.
how would you know? the Z28 hasn't been anounced and we have no idea what the Z28 will really be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkHSS2 View Post
lol you will be waiting forever
glad you have a crystal ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
that's at LEAST 2 summers worth of driving you will miss out on.

Provided your time line is accurate... It's still a crap shoot as to when the Z28 may appear.
and that's at least 2 summers worth of saving?

negative nancy's around here.

Don't worry the car will be built. These are probably the same people that said GM will never bring back the camaro.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #16
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Does anyone else not see this story as BS? Dad takes an immediate loss on the brand new GS (hearing that the Z is a go??? [source?]), deciding he can do with out a vette for 2 yrs, then decides a used Camaro would fill the bill better than the GS. Meanwhile, son CAN NOT WAIT for the Z28, but easily gives up the SS to drive his Honda Accord for some unknown period of time until which GM may or may not build a more desirable Camaro. Can anyone honestly imagine having the SS, then saying, what the heck, they might build the Z, so I'm going to give up this BA car NOW so I can what, put myself thru penance for the unforeseeable future in the event the heavenly Z is built? Raising the BS flag...
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #17
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
doubt that it will be the same as the zl575....probably more likely to be a turbo V6
and I take it you are thinking the leno car is the Z28. lol. keep dreaming.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Does anyone else not see this story as BS? Dad takes an immediate loss on the brand new GS (hearing that the Z is a go??? [source?]), deciding he can do with out a vette for 2 yrs, then decides a used Camaro would fill the bill better than the GS. Meanwhile, son CAN NOT WAIT for the Z28, but easily gives up the SS to drive his Honda Accord for some unknown period of time until which GM may or may not build a more desirable Camaro. Can anyone honestly imagine having the SS, then saying, what the heck, they might build the Z, so I'm going to give up this BA car NOW so I can what, put myself thru penance for the unforeseeable future in the event the heavenly Z is built? Raising the BS flag...
and I guess you would raise the BS flag on me. I haven't even bought yet because of the Z. . .I've seen all types on the forums and in person.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #19
Waco
Layla

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
You have at least 1 or 2 people on this forum that know the TRUE answer as to the release date.

I don't like to speculate on RUMORS, but the GM rep at EPCOT clearly said with conviction to my attempt to bait him on the topic, by pretexting him with "I wanted a Z-28 and would never buy the 2010 SS, and would wait for Z-28 and was told 18-24 months before GM gets my money" His reply was simple "GM is going to get your money very soon"

Trying to validate the statement, I started doing my due diligence on the license GM vendors who provide aftermarket parts and they are already advertising Z-28 parts, so it just makes you think.........Do they have some inside information?

Example: http://www.defenderworx.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=viewcategory &catid=28&Itemid=22

Should be obvious I own a SS, and if the Z-28 comes out in the near future, I'll probably get it unless the C7 hits the streets first.
That is one very weak example...any vendor can make Z/28 badges for the 2010 SS. And note, the website promotes 2010 parts...the Z won't be a 2010 model. Anything more substantial?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #20
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post

and that's at least 2 summers worth of saving?

negative nancy's around here.

Don't worry the car will be built. These are probably the same people that said GM will never bring back the camaro.
I personally would rather be driving a new 2010 Camaro than a used Honda Civic for the next 2 years +....

To each his own..
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #21
Waco
Layla

Quote:
and I guess you would raise the BS flag on me. I haven't even bought yet because of the Z. . .I've seen all types on the forums and in person.
No, I can understand simply waiting. What I don't get is having the SS already, then giving it up NOW to settle for my Honda DD. And dad, having a brand new GS stating, "What? The Z/28 is a go?! I gotta sell this thing and buy my kid's used Camaro." What??? I just don't buy the story, and if it is true, they are two of the most strange characters I've ever heard of.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #22
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
You have at least 1 or 2 people on this forum that know the TRUE answer as to the release date.

I don't like to speculate on RUMORS, but the GM rep at EPCOT clearly said with conviction to my attempt to bait him on the topic, by pretexting him with "I wanted a Z-28 and would never buy the 2010 SS, and would wait for Z-28 and was told 18-24 months before GM gets my money" His reply was simple "GM is going to get your money very soon"

Trying to validate the statement, I started doing my due diligence on the license GM vendors who provide aftermarket parts and they are already advertising Z-28 parts, so it just makes you think.........Do they have some inside information?

Example: http://www.defenderworx.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=viewcategory &catid=28&Itemid=22

Should be obvious I own a SS, and if the Z-28 comes out in the near future, I'll probably get it unless the C7 hits the streets first.
Those Z28 badges don't mean squat. There will be alot of pretenders buying those badges and putting them on their SS's.
I wouldn't hold my breath on the Z28, just wait and when/if it ever does happen, it will be shown at the auto shows way before it happens.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #23
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
Boxmonkeyracing, i suggested the zl575 cause you can order it from chevy and get a legit warranty. and from the looks of pictures the hood that SLP 575 is very close looking to the z28 pictured on motor trend which said it was a go but from then on no other updates.

do you have a crystal ball on when the Z28 is coming out what specs do you think it will have and price. I really honestly donno much about this Z28 but just a hunch i think it would be around the same price of a Zl575.

also if the Camaro goes to the alpha chassis, im sure they will make a z28 but would it be the same as the ss. Prob more like a cts.v.
this is all guessing
joey
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
Waco
Layla

OMG, it's true...even Surefire is making parts already!!!

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...neous-z28.html
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #25
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Quote:
These are probably the same people that said GM will never bring back the camaro.
They weren't going to bring back the camaro...But everyone wanted it back, they kept asking and eventually gm made it happen.. the z/28 is going to be made as long as we don't lose hope..and bug the hell out of gm.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #26
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
OMG, it's true...even Surefire is making parts already!!!

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...neous-z28.html
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #27
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by n!ght r!der View Post
They weren't going to bring back the camaro...But everyone wanted it back, they kept asking and eventually gm made it happen.. the z/28 is going to be made as long as we don't lose hope..and bug the hell out of gm.
thanks for the history lesson. lol. but enough people in GM wanted it back to make the concept happen. once that happened and the reaction it got. It was going to be a no brainer.

but all I have to say is what scott said and kept saying "keep the faith."
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #28
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
No, I can understand simply waiting. What I don't get is having the SS already, then giving it up NOW to settle for my Honda DD. And dad, having a brand new GS stating, "What? The Z/28 is a go?! I gotta sell this thing and buy my kid's used Camaro." What??? I just don't buy the story, and if it is true, they are two of the most strange characters I've ever heard of.
Oh there's probably more to the story. no doubt. and what's normal? what's strange to me might not be strange to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopss View Post
Boxmonkeyracing, i suggested the zl575 cause you can order it from chevy and get a legit warranty. and from the looks of pictures the hood that SLP 575 is very close looking to the z28 pictured on motor trend which said it was a go but from then on no other updates.

do you have a crystal ball on when the Z28 is coming out what specs do you think it will have and price. I really honestly donno much about this Z28 but just a hunch i think it would be around the same price of a Zl575.

also if the Camaro goes to the alpha chassis, im sure they will make a z28 but would it be the same as the ss. Prob more like a cts.v.
this is all guessing
joey

just because it looks like it doesn't make it so. and what I do know about the Z is about as much as everyone else here. I just have had my head down and watching the signs for a very long time on the camaro development and all the rumors and even the slight slip ups of GM reps here. and there are many slight slips. sometimes someone calls them on something and they don't respond ever again in that thread. . .So I assure you the Z28 is real. We just don't know anything about it yet because the General hasn't told us. In other words I'm pretty much keeping the faith. read my sig. that was stated long before they ever made the Z28 section.