Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #4719
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'll ask this here.

SA2010 rated, from Summit. Anyone have a negative about G-FORCE racing helmets?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #4720
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I'll ask this here.

PM Dragoneye, he was going to check on a deal with them
Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #4721
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
I'll ask this here.

When it is SA2010 rated you are good to go. It doesn't matter who manufactured it. It passed Snell testing. Snell is independent so they play no favorites. Your head will be safe as it can be. SA means it is also roll cage impact resistant and fire retardant.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #4722
garcmol

Thanks guys.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #4723
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
it starts spinning at 140 mph (Note: This is NOT being done on open streets !!) Edited In....OMG....I thought my 110 + mph burnouts were crazy....

This effort is to tailor it to the particular characteristics of the torque converter, tranny, differential and gear ratio. I will try to do a little programming lesson video with the AMS-1000 since so many on here have now chosen that for their builds.
I would be a huge fan of the instructional video....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I would damn sure like to see that. With us 'Forum Rat Power Level' guys it's more just push the gas and go.
Whatever, Mr. I've Never Lost a Formal Organized Race Guy...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #4724
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
B, hope this turns out to be a good friday for you

Old 04-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #4725
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
I'll ask this here.

I have that exact same helmet. FYI, Summit will price match if you can find it for less online. They did for me.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #4726
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

This effort is to tailor it to the particular characteristics of the torque converter, tranny, differential and gear ratio. I will try to do a little programming lesson video with the AMS-1000 since so many on here have now chosen that for their builds.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #4727
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have that exact same helmet. FYI, Summit will price match if you can find it for less online. They did for me.
Thank you!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #4728
speedster
SST...

First, here is a B&W pic of the SST that my cousin took yesterday morning on his phone at the shop before we took it out. Pretty neat shot. Then we took it out for a ride to check all systems. Everything was working well. Did a few 7 psi quick blasts (with tranny in auto mode) to check tranny function and temps. Everything good so far. (Will post videos when I get home along with the AMS-1000 tutorial). Then we enabled the AMS-1000 for a 14 psi boost run. The instant we hit it, the damn BCM computer reset. So to be safe we drove it back to the shop. The problem is once we shut the car off, it went into a "Transport Mode On" function and now the car is locked from doing anything. We looked online and there are forums that say "hold the ignition key in the start position for 15 seconds and then the Transport Mode Off will come on". We tried tons of combinations but cannot get this to occur. If there is anyone you know that can get this shutoff please PM me.

This is quite frustrating because the SST runs perfect mechanically, but then the BCM has so much interwoven security logic to make the car 'secure' it kills it. (e.g. Transport Mode, Security Mode) Think if you were at Camaro5 Fest and your car ran perfect but then your key fob went dead and you could not start and drive your car at the event. That is the frustration I am talking about.

So going forward, I am going to hold the transport pickup for one week. If they cannot get the BCM reset I am going to ship it home anyway and figure it out with a fresh outlook.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions from the Camaro 5 community at this point would be helpful.

Thank You,
Bruce
Attached Images

Last edited by speedster; 04-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #4729
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Bruce,

How is the BCM tied to the trans? Is it going into limp mode?

I know you were having trouble getting the computer to recognize the 4L80. Could that still be causing problems?
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #4730
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Geez.

I so wish I could help some way. That sucks beyond suck. I still don't understand what the BCM even is fully. I know what it stands for but it's just way over my head.

I was going to PM you a picture of Dr. Frankenstein holding some schematics as 'help' but it's not even funny anymore.

Man I feel your pain. And I'm sure you've heard it a million times but, hang in there. When it's done you'll be so glad.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #4731
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Wish I could . Maybe Five Guys April 19th. Good Luck.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #4732
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Bruce,

How is the BCM tied to the trans? Is it going into limp mode?

I know you were having trouble getting the computer to recognize the 4L80. Could that still be causing problems?

Hey Russ, the 4L85E along with the engine is isolated when running. In other words, we don't use nor need the BCM for either of those. The SST runs those from independent computers. The rub with the BCM is that is shuts off the charging system, starter and the factory gauges (I don't really need the gauges, but definitely need the starter and alternator to work)

The frustration to me personally is that this is a BCM logic issue. Its only function now hinders normal operations of the car because of the robust security logic. (Kudos to GM for making your Camaro theft proof and smart !) If I could just remove the BCM I would in a heartbeat, but its tentacle reach throughout the car.

Did Owen have to do something special with your 4L80E to get around a limp mode?

Thanks,
Bruce

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo