Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #29
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
monte ss?
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
What was the donor car that this kit is on? It looks oddly familiar but I just can't think of it.
i think it is a GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
What's next - bring back the Nova?
They screwed the Nova name when they used in on that lame Corolla , I called it a Toylet.......

I would love to see a new Chevelle or even a car called the Chevy II.

The Corvair was too unique and the name was made to fit the design. Handling of a corvette with an Air cooled engine... I don't think GM will go back to the air cooled engine again...

That car posted here just looks out of porportion. Somthing similar but more porportional lines with stying cues for the 70 SS would be nice.

Jinx where are you???
Old 10-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #31
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Personally id love to see a new GTO.

I know that performance wise the 04-06 GTO's were great cars... but design wise they were so far from their roots that it NEVER held an appeal for me as a GTO. It could have held any name and represented the same car.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #32
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
I think that is a GTO as well...the side of it looks like it the most
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #33
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept, here is the site with all of GMs new ideas, And that red one is a GTO

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...ia/index.shtml

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #34
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVY4LF View Post
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept, here is the site with all of GMs new ideas, And that red one is a GTO

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...ia/index.shtml

looks much better then those other shops.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #35
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
To the Chevelle picture concept that looks much like a camaro.. i think it needs to be a "tad bit larger". And just to clarify to the other posters I AM SANE!! and i think a couple of people saw what i was trying to get at... The Impala is sortof gettting tired and old now and all your local police beat cars are either Crown Vics, Impalas or Chargers. (OLD AND TIRED!)

I just think Chevy should rotate their lineup cars I dont see why the Chevelle couldnt pick up where the camaro left off in SEVEN or so YEARS!! lol its 2008, im talking wayyyyy in 2015... maybe beyond. By then i seriously think muscle car demand will have DIED and the Chevelle still HAS a rich history in America. Maybe not as popular as Impala or Camaro but dont tell that to some of the guys i see every sunday night in the chicago suburbs in the summers. The 70 Chevelle SS has to be the best looking OLD Skool by FARRR in my opinion. AND THEY SOUND LIKE HEAVEN.

Maybe it was just a bad idea to spawn the idea on a camaro "SUPER ENTHUSED" forum... but hey i thought we were all CHEVY guys??? And BTW that Caprice concept looks gorgeous.
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #36
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
looks much better then those other shops.
call me crazy but it looks like a CL550 / BMW M6 with a Camaro Chevy Front! ID DRIVE IT!!!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #37
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
A Chevelle should never look like the Volt. Don't get me wrong, the Volt's awesome, but two different purposes here.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #38
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Besides, that site is actually fanmade.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #39
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept, here is the site with all of GMs new ideas
Just FYI, those aren't official GM design ideas, but ideas put together by a group of dedicated enthusiasts.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #40
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
for the love of god gm dont bring back the chevelle. the chevelle has to stay were it is to keep what its known for. everyone knows what the ss 454 is. mention the ls6 and people are like LoLuMaD!?!? seriously dont bring it back the chevelle. it is one muscle car that was so legandary it shouldnt return, as the revival of it would kill the name, thats imo anways.

quite possible re-introduce the chevy vega. for those that dont know the vega it was a 4cyl camaro hatch. imo one of the coolest cars ever. u could twin turbo a 4cyl and stick it into a shortened lightend, and more manuverable camaro chasis, than make the camaro body short into more of a hatch. keep the front bumper but make it a tad different, same with the side of the car. i think that would be epic. go to any drag strip and watch the chevy vegas dominate.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept,
as others have already said -- that's all "fan-fiction", not GM-designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
I just think Chevy should rotate their lineup cars I dont see why the Chevelle couldnt pick up where the camaro left off in SEVEN or so YEARS!! lol its 2008, im talking wayyyyy in 2015... maybe beyond. By then i seriously think muscle car demand will have DIED and the Chevelle still HAS a rich history in America. Maybe not as popular as Impala or Camaro but dont tell that to some of the guys i see every sunday night in the chicago suburbs in the summers. The 70 Chevelle SS has to be the best looking OLD Skool by FARRR in my opinion. AND THEY SOUND LIKE HEAVEN.

Maybe it was just a bad idea to spawn the idea on a camaro "SUPER ENTHUSED" forum... but hey i thought we were all CHEVY guys??? And BTW that Caprice concept looks gorgeous.
It's not that we're for Camaro v. other cars (I mean, we are, but...), you've read a lot of folks on here who say they'd like to see a Chevelle...but not in PLACE of a Camaro...that doesn't make any sense. Especially since they just brought it back.

My issues with this whole idea (keep in mind I love the Chevelle):

#1-- if muscle car demand will have "died" by 2015...why spend all the money to to kill a sports car, and bring back another muscle car?

#2-- where is the Camaro going to leave off? It was around for nearly 40 years before it was cancelled in 2002...are you expecting it to fail?

#3-- if the Chevelle isn't as popular as the Camaro...where's the incentive to replace a relatively high-volume car (Camaro) with a relatively low-volume car (Chevelle)?

remember...I like the Chevelle
Old 10-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #42
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
as others have already said -- that's all "fan-fiction", not GM-designed.

It's not that we're for Camaro v. other cars (I mean, we are, but...), you've read a lot of folks on here who say they'd like to see a Chevelle...but not in PLACE of a Camaro...that doesn't make any sense. Especially since they just brought it back.

My issues with this whole idea (keep in mind I love the Chevelle):

#1-- if muscle car demand will have "died" by 2015...why spend all the money to to kill a sports car, and bring back another muscle car?

#2-- where is the Camaro going to leave off? It was around for nearly 40 years before it was cancelled in 2002...are you expecting it to fail?

#3-- if the Chevelle isn't as popular as the Camaro...where's the incentive to replace a relatively high-volume car (Camaro) with a relatively low-volume car (Chevelle)?

remember...I like the Chevelle

YOU SUNK MY CHEVELLE BATTLESHIP