Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #57
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #58
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
lol... hey us "old Camaro" guys gotta keep you "new Camaro" guys in line..

And yes, I do believe you had the fastest 2010 times. You were in the exhibition class though, right?
Absolutely. As a company we choose not to compete with our customers so we always run in 'exhibition' class. That is why having Paul drive was no big deal. He gets so much more out of the car than I do. I drive well enough to do our R & D and test driving on some cars. The 2010 Camaro came out so well that driving it to the limit is beyond my ability. Paul was right at home in a slow car by his standards.

Paul has no ride at this time. Is an unemployed FORMER professional driver still a professional?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #59
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Hey, JusticePete, I know you guys are upgrading the brakes. Will Forgeline wheels clear the new calipers or do you have to get a new set. I'm also getting Forgeline wheels and do a brake upgrade in a couple months.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #60
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
Hey, JusticePete, I know you guys are upgrading the brakes. Will Forgeline wheels clear the new calipers or do you have to get a new set. I'm also getting Forgeline wheels and do a brake upgrade in a couple months.
Good question.

1. We use Cobalt friction XR1 and XR3 pads for the Camaro. They are awesome pads and a brake upgrade in a brake pad box. We do this because we feel the OEM pads are not designed for track use. They can crater and fail from heat. It is a safety issue from our perspective. I had my OEM pads fail on the G8 and didn't wreck the car because I got lucky at the track. They failed in an ares that gave me an option. I was supposed to make a right turn from the back straight to the main straight. Doing more than 100 MPH I hit the brakes. They did almost nothing. Knowing the track is where I got lucky. slightly to the left is the entrance to the pits. I flew into the pits, through the parking lot and eventually stopped the car. The pits and park area were empty as I was the only car at the track. I got lucky. I also created a rule that day -- Never track a car with OEM pads. Never.

2. An after market kit SHOULD fit in the Forgelines. That is something we will have to address. I have no plans to change wheels. I just want more brake. an eight pot would be nice, especially fitted with our Pedders special pads from Cobalt Friction.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #61
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Thanks for the info on the OEM pads. I just ordered the Xa Track Extreme kit two days ago, can't wait to enjoy it at a track day.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #62
YancyJohns

Drives: Camaro Performers Magazine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
I have the Baer 6s brakes and a set of Forgelines. Call Scott or Dave at Forgeline they will make sure they fit. Great Guys!!!
Camaro Performers Magazine SS/RS- 416 stroker, MagnaCharger TVS2300, DSE Sway, Baer 6S Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, BFG Rival, JBA Long tube/Exhaust, Center-Force Clutch, BMR-sfc,ta,tr, Energy Suspension poly kit, ADM CAI & Fuel pump, Norris PCV/Tune, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, DSS 9" rear ind rear, Innov. West pulleys/8 rib, Pedders Super cloil-overs, MGW shifter,/Seibon/ Anvil carbon Fiber. Owner-American Street Car Series and as seen on R U Faster than a Redneck?...lol
YancyJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #63
DragWerks
At the track

Drives: 2000 Z/28
Great vids, makes me want to get one and set up a car (for the first time) that can take corners.

PSJ
Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #64
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
1) 275 (or 285) 20s
2) periods of agressive with dashes of "why yes my life insurance is paid in full"
3) turn on a dime and get $.09 back
4) I'm pretty sure they'll make more
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #65
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by YancyJohns View Post
I have the Baer 6s brakes and a set of Forgelines. Call Scott or Dave at Forgeline they will make sure they fit. Great Guys!!!
Dave is the MAN at Forgeline. I trust them with my life and my driver's lives.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #66
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Yep...

The girl driver is in fact a Pedders option. LOL

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #67
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by YancyJohns View Post
We need pics when you get them bolted on Yancy!!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #68
Steve1968LS2

Drives: 1968 LS2 powered - Bad Penny
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Paul has no ride at this time. Is an unemployed FORMER professional driver still a professional?
I don't know.. would Michael Schumacher still be considered a professional driver? lol

Good seeing you out there and NICE interior pictures.. where can I get the accessory???

1968 Camaro - 461 RHS LS 700hp, various stuff, called Bad Penny
1968 Camaro - In progress, called Track Rat
2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

www.fquick.com/steve1968ls2
Steve1968LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #69
JusticePete

Quote:
I don't know.. would Michael Schumacher still be considered a professional driver? lol
I would call him unemployed with poor prospects of future employment in his area of expertise.

Quote:
NICE interior pictures.. where can I get the accessory???
Pedders online catalog.

Quote:
Good seeing you out there.
Same here. I had a great time at the event and as is true of all car events the people make the event.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #70
YancyJohns

Drives: Camaro Performers Magazine
Here's the results, great times guys!!!
http://www.optimainvitational.com/media/results.html
Camaro Performers Magazine SS/RS- 416 stroker, MagnaCharger TVS2300, DSE Sway, Baer 6S Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, BFG Rival, JBA Long tube/Exhaust, Center-Force Clutch, BMR-sfc,ta,tr, Energy Suspension poly kit, ADM CAI & Fuel pump, Norris PCV/Tune, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, DSS 9" rear ind rear, Innov. West pulleys/8 rib, Pedders Super cloil-overs, MGW shifter,/Seibon/ Anvil carbon Fiber. Owner-American Street Car Series and as seen on R U Faster than a Redneck?...lol
YancyJohns is offline   Reply With Quote