Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #43
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Had mine in several times, and to different dealers, they all say they can"t hear any noise. The dealer I took it to yesterday said the same, when I took the advisor for a ride he heard the rattle instantly, well guess what? ITS OPERATING AS DESIGNED! WTF? Im sooooo tired of hearing that crap, with this and so many other problems that are "operating as designed" Im completely sick of it, hopefully I can sell this pos and just be done with it.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #44
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
I took mine in yesterday for the vibration and even though I had the service bulletin in hand they wouldn't cover it under warranty because I installed QTP cutouts. He said if the muffler wasn't welded straight to the coupling where it ties into the cats he would but if GM asked to look at the part that the whole thing would have to be looked at and the dumps were welded in.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #45
E. Stone
Black and bitchin

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
I have to share my story here, since all of you have been so helpful in helping me with these issues. But to make a long story short, and i mean starting back from 11/2/10 all the way to 2/25/11, my exhaust system and driveline has been replaced under warranty all relating to the issues discussed in this thread...

I originally took my '10 SS in to my local dealer and told them about two noises that i heard comming from the rear and right front area of my baby. They heard the exhaust noise and decided to order a new system from GM. As for the second noise, they claimed it to be all related...
With the exhaust fixed, i immediately went and had the mufflers chopped off, an awesome choice by the way and highly recommended. However, the squeek comming from the right front of my baby had not gone away and was progressively getting worse. I described it as more noticeable during decelaration, usually at lower rpm's and in all gears. Trying not to make this an essay, i had to take it in to two different dealers, six different, consecutive times in order for the problem to be fixed. The 4th time i picked my baby up, i drove it 3 stop lights up the road, flipped a bitch and drove it right back to them... I did end up with a free '11 Tahoe rental for about 2 weeks though...
So in the end, after replacing the exhaust system and then trying to chicken shit me about "loose baffles" and "noisey aftermarket exhaust hangers" and tightening the "loose" exhaust clamps due to my chopped off my mufflers, they came up with ordering me a new driveline... And when i say driveline, the part number they indicated on the invoice was 92246788....SHAFT 5.44. Thats a new exhaust system and a new driveSHAFT all in one years time...

So this wasnt short like i said it was going to be, but i wanted to share this with the rest of you in case your baby starts to make the most annoying sound in the world after you have replaced your exhaust system and/or mufflers and cant figure it what in the crap it is... It just might be something serious...

By the way, my baby run great now, and im praying to sheeba that this is the last of the problems... Ill keep you posted if not.
E. Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #46
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN4JT View Post
Had the same issue with my stock mufflers...Simple fix - Magnaflow mufflers...
Will be doing that myself in a couple of months, or may go with Flowmasters. Don't know yet, I've got a couple of months before I need to make up my mind
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #47
96SS10SS
hates winter

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS LS3
My muffler noise just became more annoying so I searched for a TSB and found this. Thank you! When I take it in I am going to ask for a different setup. Is the GMPP any good? I think that might be an easy sell for them since it's a GM part and would be under their warranty. I was going to delay the exhaust, but since mine needs to be replaced I might as well have them pay for an upgrade for my troubles, right?
96SS10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #48
allens83

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stone View Post
I have to share my story here, since all of you have been so helpful in helping me with these issues. But to make a long story short, and i mean starting back from 11/2/10 all the way to 2/25/11, my exhaust system and driveline has been replaced under warranty all relating to the issues discussed in this thread...

I originally took my '10 SS in to my local dealer and told them about two noises that i heard comming from the rear and right front area of my baby. They heard the exhaust noise and decided to order a new system from GM. As for the second noise, they claimed it to be all related...
With the exhaust fixed, i immediately went and had the mufflers chopped off, an awesome choice by the way and highly recommended. However, the squeek comming from the right front of my baby had not gone away and was progressively getting worse. I described it as more noticeable during decelaration, usually at lower rpm's and in all gears. Trying not to make this an essay, i had to take it in to two different dealers, six different, consecutive times in order for the problem to be fixed. The 4th time i picked my baby up, i drove it 3 stop lights up the road, flipped a bitch and drove it right back to them... I did end up with a free '11 Tahoe rental for about 2 weeks though...
So in the end, after replacing the exhaust system and then trying to chicken shit me about "loose baffles" and "noisey aftermarket exhaust hangers" and tightening the "loose" exhaust clamps due to my chopped off my mufflers, they came up with ordering me a new driveline... And when i say driveline, the part number they indicated on the invoice was 92246788....SHAFT 5.44. Thats a new exhaust system and a new driveSHAFT all in one years time...

So this wasnt short like i said it was going to be, but i wanted to share this with the rest of you in case your baby starts to make the most annoying sound in the world after you have replaced your exhaust system and/or mufflers and cant figure it what in the crap it is... It just might be something serious...

By the way, my baby run great now, and im praying to sheeba that this is the last of the problems... Ill keep you posted if not.
I've got the same exhaust resonance...will be taking mine into dealer later this month.

But I've also got a weird noise from the front passenger side at low RPM and low gears, especially when it is cold. Kinda like the noise water supply pipes in your basement make... was that similar to what you had that was related to the drivetrain?? Anyone else have this sound? Service manager claimed to not hear it, but I listen to it everyone morning and wonder......
allens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:10 AM   #49
windzurfer
Roll Tide!!!!

Drives: 1987 Yugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonepro77 View Post
I am having the same issue. If anyone has found out what the TSB number is and could let me know, that would be great. Thanks!

What are the odds we could get a credit towards an aftermarket exhaust? lol
Just had mine in for my first oil change and mentioned this to the service manager. Took a ride with him and he confirmed that I needed a new exhaust.

I then asked if he could order the Borla and let me pay the difference. Answer was "NO." Apparently they don't make the decision, the waranty jackasses won't allow it. I'm not so sure I believe the one guy that claims his dealer let him do that.

My new exhaust is on order and will be installed next Friday. I'll probably drive home and take the new exhaust off and install the Borla.

He comp'd the oil chnge for me so it didn't cost me a dime.
windzurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #50
DVAS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by allens83 View Post
I've got the same exhaust resonance...will be taking mine into dealer later this month.

But I've also got a weird noise from the front passenger side at low RPM and low gears, especially when it is cold. Kinda like the noise water supply pipes in your basement make... was that similar to what you had that was related to the drivetrain?? Anyone else have this sound? Service manager claimed to not hear it, but I listen to it everyone morning and wonder......
Hey man, was reading the post, check out and search for the heater core valve tsp... Sounds like one of the issues vie seen while lurking around, good luck.
DVAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #51
joeysSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Taking mine in this morning (just got it last Thursday) for the same thing. (2nd time its been in there for this) in the last 5 days. I am SO glad I have found this web site. I am going to have my hubby put a new exhaust on it anyays. I think it's sounds kinda girlie for an SS. This coming from a girl I put GM GFX on it and I thought maybe it was doing it because of that? There is also a bump, possibly a bolt that you can feel that sticks out on the rear passenger corner bumper. I think they scabbed on my GFX too fast because I wanted my car NOW!
joeysSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #52
joeysSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
TSM #

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo View Post
I took my camaro in to be serviced at the dealer for a dent (completely gone now ) and a vibrational noise when I was in low RPM's of any gear. The mechanic said he couldn't hear it but I insisted it was there. So the mechanic did some research and found a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that described exactly what I said. It turned out the baffles in the exhaust separate and vibrate creating a tinny noise. So now my exhaust is being replaced from the catalytic converter back and its all under warranty. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else had the same problem and didn't know what the hell it was.
Do you have the TSB #. I'm taking mine in this morning. Had it for 5 days, 2nd time its been in for this. Ughhhhh. Glad I found this. Thanks!
joeysSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #53
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
I had the rattlers, and asked the service manager to see if they could put the GMPP mufflers on instead of the stock mufflers, cost me $60 extra and it fixed the rattle and I'm getting a little better low end torque and she just breathes easier throughout the RPM band, another bonus is that I'm now averaging 25.6 MPG !!!!!
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #54
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
cardsfan09,
I'm glad to hear everything worked out!

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan09 View Post
I had the rattlers, and asked the service manager to see if they could put the GMPP mufflers on instead of the stock mufflers, cost me $60 extra and it fixed the rattle and I'm getting a little better low end torque and she just breathes easier throughout the RPM band, another bonus is that I'm now averaging 25.6 MPG !!!!!
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #55
SSx2JAMES

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS + 2010 Camaro SS
so what does it mean if u hv deleted ur mufflers and u still hv that rattling noise when ur first driving away. thx for the info.
SSx2JAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #56
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
Took my car to Chevy of Wilton, CT today to do a 50k service. Had this issue going on for over 20+30k miles. Another dealer which will go nameless said that it was normal etc. This sound was bad and consistent in 2000rpm range. Wilton found the TSB and after some discussions are goodwilling it for me since I fell just outside warranty mileage wise. I'm not one to ever give shout out to a dealer but I was very happy with how things were explained to me and was given options etc. So shoutout to Chevy of Wilton and if anyone from GM corporate is reading this... I dunno... they need a reward of some kind.
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote