Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #43
Ventura 2015 1LE
Ventura 2015 1SS 1LE RS

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Ok my story goes like this
I was ending my journey with the Navy at 20 years in Sept 2010. Was in the market in searching for a good sports car that I can enjoy in my next chapter of my life. I found the ZL1 sitting at Paradise Chevy in Ventura. I was thrilled in what Chevy has done with the performance but the sticker price was humbling. So in return of landing a job and buying a house it was out off the table until last July.

I was in the car buying mode for sure had saved 10K and drove a 1LE (not knowing what it was). Boy I was inpressed with the cluth feel, stiffness of the handling,steering and that sweet engine rumble from the NPP. Sadly I waited too late and someone bought it.

So, I decided to wait for the 2015 build coming on-line and ordered exactly what I wanted and July she was delivered. It had 9 miles on her and I drove it right from the dealer prep area never saw the front of the dealership. Now, I have about 4k on her and can't seem to let it sit in the garage too long.

Planning on doing some future mods: supercharger, long headers, high flow cats, and some upgrading on the brake lines CTV-S option. I live in So-Cal and the canyon roads here are awesome for the weekend runs. Want to track her in the future a couple times a year. Although I may just add a Cam rather than supercharger I here that the heat soak and loss power is a problem.
Any opions on what I should do?
Going with a Cam I read where the guys are blowing up on the custom grinds and would rather have a supercharger with the optional warranty if things go bad on the mods.
Ventura 2015 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #44
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
It isnt just a car...

It is MY car.

And yes, I am that particular. And I Dont care what anyone else thinks about it either.

Amen brother!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #45
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Well my car was not born a 1LE, they where not out yet when my was ordered. But now how all the parts on her and remembering how she was before, it is night and day. She handles awesome.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #46
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
my first impression was " THIS CAR IS FRIKKEN AWESOME " other than that it felt very well built - tight in all the right areas, I sure as hell couldn't see out of it and it required a gymnastic maneuver to enter. after searching for the right car ( about 16 months ) I used chevrolet.com to locate this 1LE about 35 miles away.

technically my real first impression was following the salesman to the gas pump for my complimentary tank full. the filler was on the right ( ! ) and premium was 4.05 in that county.

I love this car. I also love the cover of my December 2014 Car and Driver. ( three great American muscle cars )
Attached Images

Last edited by snarky; 11-11-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: add pic
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #47
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Read about them here and elsewhere. Could not believe that a car that handled that well was that affordable. Had to order the car because we could not find one without NPP. Car was built but caught in the quality / weather / whatever it was hold. Dealer gave me a Ford Fusion trade in to drive because I had already sold our WS6. Car finally came in, but I could not get there to see it before they closed. My wife has a picture of me looking through the service bay doors at the dealer where I could see it sitting in the dark. We picked it up the next day. It was amazing. We got her home, babied her for about 1400 miles, and then proceed to go through corners at much, much greater speeds than we could ever achieve in the WS6. Looking forward to some autocross and/or tracking next summer. Great car, and enjoy it everyday!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #48
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
We got her home, babied her for about 1400 miles, and then proceed to go through corners at much, much greater speeds than we could ever achieve in the WS6. Looking forward to some autocross and/or tracking next summer. Great car, and enjoy it everyday!
Have not driven one yet, but was curious about how the new 1LE was compared to the old WS6 package. I had a 2001 Trans Am, no WS6 package.

So thanks for the comparison.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #49
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Have not driven one yet, but was curious about how the new 1LE was compared to the old WS6 package. I had a 2001 Trans Am, no WS6 package.

So thanks for the comparison.
No problem. Loved our WS6, but the two cars are night and day! You will be very happy.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #50
Skellcat

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE Camaro
I thought, this car is simply awesome! Then looked over to see the huge smile on my girlfriends face and it was a done deal.
Skellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #51
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I remember working with the Internet sales manager and him saying we would do his "best" to order a 1SS 1LE at the last possible minute back in May 13 by trading an allocation of a 14 for a 13. Then the long/uncertain wait for more than 2 months. Then in July, it was finally here!! I went out to inspect the car and he showed me a filthy/dirty Camaro but underneath all that grime was the most beautiful and powerful car I'd ever owned. I remember starting it up at the dealer for the very first time it was magic. I remember the other salesmen saying "Really Nice ZL1!" lol
Old 11-12-2014, 04:45 AM   #52
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Handling tighter than a nun's c***.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #53
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
My wait was very long she was ordered 11/17 born 12/7 then sat out in the cold until it was delivered to the dealer 1/3 then it sat in my shop until I could drive it in April but when I first got behind the wheel i forgot all about that! The steering is so responsive and its so smooth in corners it felt nothing like i expected! When I owned a G8 I was shocked how well my parents 11 L99 handled a few months ago I got a chance to drive theirs again and It's Hard to believe they are both V8 camaros!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #54
Sgtrod

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I fell in love with its looks, personality and handling! I have had several c6 vettes that I modded till I hated them. This car felt modded from the factory. The NPP with that awesome sound and no drone is spot on. I wasnt ready to buy when I saw my first one (black) but a week later when I saw a white 1le with recaros..I did it anyways! Love the way the car feels.

Just agree that its down on power.

Never had to face the thought of losing to a mustang before.

I wish I could mod it but im torn because its a lease.

Wanted to do cai, headers, ported TB and tune but it comes out to over $3k and it voids my warranty..and its a lease...suercharger HP is cheaper than heads cam..did that before and the smell of gas was horrendous!

Got a good deal though and love a lot about it.

2015 camaro ss/rs 1le recaros sunroof npp navigation(have had it almost exacly a month)
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #55
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Permagrin......fear........sliding in the rain........fear...........permagrin, in that order
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #56
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
My wife has a 2010 IOM 2SS and due to me hitting top speed, without her knowing until she overheard me tell her brother, she would not allow me to drive her car again. So I told her I would just buy my own. I pondered with the idea of buying a brand new SS and buying a slightly used SS with a supercharger. After two failed attempts on two really great deals I stumbled across the 2SS 1LE. I had no idea what a 1LE was so I begun the research. After reading what the 1LE package is I set out to find one. I located a blue 1LE and just missed it by two hours. I search for a week and found my Girl. i called the dealer 15 minutes before they closed to see if they still had the car, and they did. I told the salesman I would be there when they opened in the morning. My car was listed as a 2014 with 5,000mi for $39,000 and no aftermarket parts.

I drove 3.5hrs to the dealer and after meeting with the salesman I had to use the restroom. The salesman told me he would bring the car around. I heard an odd noise as I was in the restroom and when I opened the restroom door I heard a bad@$$ exhaust and the lope of a cam. I walked out the door to see my LE ROCKING! The hood was up and there was a ECS supercharger. The previous owner bought the car, had East Texas Muscle Cars install the 750hp Stage 6 package, drove it for four months to and from work, then decided he didn't like driving it in traffic. The previous owner done everything I wanted to do for me. I have had the car four months and just thinking of my Girl I grin. She is not my daily driver, I race her on the road course when I can, and she takes me and my wonderful wife out on date night. This car is absolutely spectacular in power, handling, and looks. I grin ear to ear when I'm sitting at red lights because of all the guys and girls drooling when they look at her.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote