Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #85
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
I love the low roof. I think its one of the coolest things about the car... It is almost how they chop the roof on hot rods and make them lower. Unless your like 7ft tall then yeah I'd hate it too. I was beside a new Stang yesterday and the roof just roll's up to high in my opinion. Other than that I wouldn't take anything away from the new Mustang body styles, it isn't a bad looking car.

The Camaro has body lines that can't be beat. To many Mustangs on the road in so many styles body kits colors stripes and so on. Camaro sticks out and says something with out all the added components.
Yes, the Camaro is growing on me. Since I am ready to buy I looked around today for black 2011 Mustang GTs just in case I changed my mind at the last minute.

After looking at the dealer pics I decided no way. The Camaro gets the nod this time around. I hope the black/black color combo is not too drab. Maybe there are ways to liven it up.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #86
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Exactly what I have heard too. But why?
This is a pretty easy answer. Sync was designed with Microsoft. Microsoft has being doing UI's for 25-30 years. They know what people complain about and they know what they like. Add to that that MS knows programming systems as opposed to in house developed nav systems which are done by those who don't have the expertise. It is more about experience with systems and customers.

I've used the following Navs: Lexus/Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Ford (Sync), Chevy (Onstar).

It is by far the easiest to use and navigate. Things are where they should be. I would say Merc is right behind Sync but it isn't touch screen and uses some F'ed up knob which I don't care for.

Also, the list of compatible devices is very extensive and you will know exactly what features you can and cannot use before you plug in the device. Then, on top of that, you can update the system yourself. Go to syncmyride.com, download the update to a USB drive, plug into your sync system and BAM you've been updated.

As a matter of fact my Sync system was having issues downloading my phonebook on my Android phone because of "linked" contacts (a.k.a. linking someone's FB info to the info on my exchange server). I updated the Sync system with a flash drive I had and the issue was solved. Now, not everything is solved (I'd still like txt support on Android) but that was an easy fix.

It's a great system and worth every penny in my personal opinion. Certain things require ongoing subscriptions (Sirius Travel Link) but they are obnoxiously cheaper than Onstar and not all that expensive absolutely ($70/yr).

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #87
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Good for you. Personally, I think BMW's are girly-man cars.
i think, by and large, people who drive BMW's are dicks/biotches.

Now that is not everyone, but it seems that if someone is a dick/biotch they are more likely than not driving a BMW. I don't know what it is... but that's the way it rolls here in Houston.

It is the sole reason I won't drive one. They are nice cars, very selvet, well executed but oddly priced and way too much of a rep comes with them.

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #88
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
I will say that i don't like the gills as well until you put inlays in them...sets it of subtly and still retains some class.. my personal thoughts on that..

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #89
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
I love the low roof. I think its one of the coolest things about the car... It is almost how they chop the roof on hot rods and make them lower. Unless your like 7ft tall then yeah I'd hate it too. I was beside a new Stang yesterday and the roof just roll's up to high in my opinion. Other than that I wouldn't take anything away from the new Mustang body styles, it isn't a bad looking car.

The Camaro has body lines that can't be beat. To many Mustangs on the road in so many styles body kits colors stripes and so on. Camaro sticks out and says something with out all the added components.
For styling, for had done a decent job of retroing the mustang to keep up with it's competition, but I think the back of the mustang was a huge mistake. A friend of mine Races mustangs has his own dyno shop here in phx, and was working on a GT500 for a customer when i commented on the back end. He said he would never buy the current mustang till they changed the back end.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #90
Fraxum

!

2011 Blk/Blk, 2SS, 6M, RS, Roof, Polished Wheels

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-31-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #91
Fraxum

I ended up with this SS from Mall Chevy, in Cherry Hill, NJ

They had a nice selection of Camaros SSes, treated me fairly, gave me a fair price on the SS, got me great financing, and most importantly gave me a fair price for my Gen-4 WS6 trade in.

Most dealers do not want Gen-4s and price the trade in accordingly.

Dan Reilly was my sales agent and was a nice no pressure guy to work with.

I love driving the car so far. Once I get more time in it I will post a final review and post my reflections on my decision.

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-31-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #92
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
i think, by and large, people who drive BMW's are dicks/biotches.

Now that is not everyone, but it seems that if someone is a dick/biotch they are more likely than not driving a BMW. I don't know what it is... but that's the way it rolls here in Houston.

It is the sole reason I won't drive one. They are nice cars, very selvet, well executed but oddly priced and way too much of a rep comes with them.
You are right, not all BMW drivers are DHs. The jerks who drive BMWs call attention to themselves on the road and give BMW drivers a bad name. But I met lots of cool people who were into cars. Even addicted BMW 1/4 milers just like here. They do not mind risking their very expensive engines, transmissions, and differentials for 10 seconds of fun.

Camaro owners also have a rep too. I do not fit. I do not care, I like the car.

Drive what you dig, damn the torpedos.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #93
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I will say that i don't like the gills as well until you put inlays in them...sets it of subtly and still retains some class.. my personal thoughts on that..
Hmmm, I will look around for those. Also not digging the size of the grid on the grill. But I see this can be altered too.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 AM   #94
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Your observations just seem like it is composed/based on reading articles and comments about each car and you never really even felt/drove these cars. Performance factor is really where most people look for + and - when deciding between cars of this type and you mention nothing about it. Seems like you should be shopping for a Lexus or Mercedez if the ergonomics are your main concerns.

sounds like regurgitated "info" from silly auto journalists.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #95
vm1971

Quote:
I ended up with this SS from Mall Chevy, in Cherry Hill, NJ

They had a nice selection of Camaros SSes, treated me fairly, gave me a fair price on the SS, got me great financing, and most importantly gave me a fair price for my Gen-4 WS6 trade in.

Most dealers do not want Gen-4s and price the trade in accordingly.

Dan Reilly was my sales agent and was a nice no pressure guy to work with.

I love driving the car so far. Once I get more time in it I will post a final review and post my reflections on my decision and post purchase review.
BUT--------------(ahhahaa)
congratz!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #96
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
BUT--------------(ahhahaa)
congratz!
Should I stop? Have I flogged this thread enough?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #97
vm1971

Quote:
Should i stop?
i was being lazy and didnt see how many posts had evolved this thread, im sorry! hha. veryyyyyyyy off-axis today (me)...

the car is sweet. congrats to you!
also, fellow SJ resident! i also wound up getting my car there...
longgggggggggggggggg story but worked out well!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #98
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
i was being lazy and didnt see how many posts had evolved this thread, im sorry! hha. veryyyyyyyy off-axis today (me)...

the car is sweet. congrats to you!
also, fellow SJ resident! i also wound up getting my car there...
longgggggggggggggggg story but worked out well!

It is a long thread. I am getting into writing and I hope even though my reasoning is demented my posts are readable. Maybe a blog is next! I have been a car nut since the age of 2.