Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #43
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylepo View Post
probably.
Did you get the optional cat dinner instead?

"I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese...Please shoot me!" No offense to EVO owners or any other legitimate foreign car owner. I've just had too many bad experiences with dumbass ricers. If thats your thing and you arent an ass about it I can respect you. Asd for me, I live and Die domestic!
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #44
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS View Post
Wow, the ignorance level here is off the charts! The Evo does not have a huge "fart can" stock, and I did not recieve a rice bowl when I bought mine (maybe I should go complain?).

What each individual owner does to their ride is their own problem and is a relfection of their personality, not the manufacturer. I've seen Camaros with gay big wings on the back or other various tasteless mods, and yes I've seen Evo's with 22's or mega-huge ridiculous wings that you figure would get the car satellite tv, but that hardly means its what everyone who owns that car does.

Facts are facts, most stock Evo's (especially VIII's or IX's) would out handle, out accelerate, out perform, and respond better to basic mods & tunes over any generation Camaro. (excluding the 2010, lol)

Am I biased? No. I love the Camaro and I love the Evo. I would just like to see some people step off their high horse and show some respect and/or acknowledgement for other performance vehicles rather than close minded comments like anything with a wing is a ricer and so-forth.

Well said! Previous Evo 9MR owner here, nice to see there are more evo owners who are going with the Camaro. It just goes to show how good this car is going to be.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #45
Bails

Drives: 07 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Is that with or without the warped F-bod rotors?
Anyway, to the OP, it really depends on what you're looking for in a car:
If its a corner carving, stoplight to stoplight monster, get the Evo.
If its a more sophisticated, civilized car with the some extra frills, plenty of power and very good hadling, get the Camaro.
If you dont want any of the above, get the Mustang.
Ok so I ripped on the Mustang earlier but I feel I should defend it a little. I am a fan of the Mustang, I'm just really disappointed in Ford and will continue to be unless they bring the Boss back. Anyways, the 2010 Mustang has a nicer interior than the Camaro. Sync and a nav system are nice features that you won't find in a Camaro. Not to mention the Camaro has no direct competition for the GT500, now at 540hp. That being said, a nicer interior is not a big enough reason to get a Mustang over a Camaro.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #46
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I feel just the opposite. The interior of the Camaro is much better than the mustangs. I've always liked the Camaro better in every generation except the 1995 style. The only mustang I'd buy if I could afford it is a 1995 Saleen S351.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #47
VICTORY RED 1SS
booyaah

Drives: VICTORY RED 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by T! E! X! A! S! View Post
The Lancer is a "ricer" it is slow and looks fast. The Evo is not a ricer it's fast and "looks fast" there is a difference beetween tuner and ricer.
Here is a ricer.. And a tuner
I see two ricers
VICTORY RED 1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #48
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post
I see two ricers
So, according to your close-minded viewpoint:

All ferrari's pasta machines?
All Porsche, MBZ, Volkswagen and audis are wienerschnitzels?
All moose are great vehicles to take to work?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 AM   #49
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I like the set-up you got going here. I hope he answers.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #50
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Matter of a fact (I know this is a Camaro site and Iam know Iam going to need a fire suit after this !!!)

The 2010 Camaro SS is more "ricer" that an Evo's , wait let me explain 1st .....

Most define "rice" (per Wikipedia and common defintions) as making your car look fast with NON-Functional parts .
Some of you guys call ALL Jap' car rice . Ok thats cool but then talk about useless wings and fart cans , witch is pretty much the definition I posted above right ??!!!!

Every part on the Evo's works from the Big wing gives down force and helps improve lap times to the heat vent in the hood to let hot air out from the engine compartment and the big red brembro's to stop better and so on ..

Now on to the 2010 Camaro SS , It has a Fake "ram-air''/hood scoop , Fake rear brake ducks "shark gills" .

Seem logical to me , but I look at things from a different piont o view than most do .

Dont get me wrong , I WANT a new Camaro , I hope to get one some day (Blue with white stripes pls) .

BTW this thread has made my work days go by so much faster !!!

Hope you guy can find this entertaining as I did .
Old 01-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #51
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:

Epic pwn.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #52
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:

Still waiting for an answer...
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #53
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
Check the link out below and select the trim level you want then follow the steps to do a comparision...

Edmunds vehicle comparisons

Nice!

Camaro takes it on paper as well as the street.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #54
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
Matter of a fact (I know this is a Camaro site and Iam know Iam going to need a fire suit after this !!!)

The 2010 Camaro SS is more "ricer" that an Evo's , wait let me explain 1st .....

Most define "rice" (per Wikipedia and common defintions) as making your car look fast with NON-Functional parts .
Some of you guys call ALL Jap' car rice . Ok thats cool but then talk about useless wings and fart cans , witch is pretty much the definition I posted above right ??!!!!

Every part on the Evo's works from the Big wing gives down force and helps improve lap times to the heat vent in the hood to let hot air out from the engine compartment and the big red brembro's to stop better and so on ..

Now on to the 2010 Camaro SS , It has a Fake "ram-air''/hood scoop , Fake rear brake ducks "shark gills" .

Seem logical to me , but I look at things from a different piont o view than most do .

Dont get me wrong , I WANT a new Camaro , I hope to get one some day (Blue with white stripes pls) .

BTW this thread has made my work days go by so much faster !!!

Hope you guy can find this entertaining as I did .
AHAHAHAHAHAHAA lol BUMP BUMP BUMP

I want to read this lol someone comment cause, he is kinda right lol .....tacky assed shark gills

the challys a rice rocket it's self, the function hood scoops with does not feed the engine air

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote