Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreCamaros View Post
Same exact thing, im maxed out and it does look like its doing a wheelie. I emailed pfadt, hopefully they get back to me soon

Blair or Arron are the guys helping us along the way. If call them on Monday. Either guy is awesome to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
That's weird though, I went from 225lbs on my Eibach kit to 325 lbs and it wasn't that much of a height difference.
The springs I'm using are actually Eibachs too. The 25lb was enough to get what the chassis guy wanted and still have adjustment left.

Now that hard part is getting it all to work together. Gone are the days if showing up, running a bunch of 10.0's then going home. It's like work right now!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
MiSTER

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM Camaro, 1988 6.6L IROC
I just received these exact coil overs. Do you guys happen to have the part numbers on these springs? The ones on mine are marked- front: Z/M P1396 rear: 57-193-104,9. I really don't want to put these on just to find that I have to swap out springs.
MiSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSTER View Post
I just received these exact coil overs. Do you guys happen to have the part numbers on these springs? The ones on mine are marked- front: Z/M P1396 rear: 57-193-104,9. I really don't want to put these on just to find that I have to swap out springs.
The springs we took off are up at my shop. I can prob check tomorrow.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
EncoreCamaros

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSTER View Post
Yea i would hold off
ARH 1 7/8 headers catless 3'' long system, Whipple sc 4.00 pulley 9 lbs boost, msd boost-a-pump, CAI intake, Pfadt coilovers, toe links, trailing arms, solid cradle bushings, sway bars, Forgestar CF5 19x9.5/19x11, M/T et street II radials
EncoreCamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #19
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
these are camaro specific i would think they would be right.....
something doesnt sound right..
Jamie you dont have the new feather light pfadt coilovers do u ?
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #20
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
The springs we took off are up at my shop. I can prob check tomorrow.
Supercharged SS: You have a drag spring package that is trying to be dialed in, the OP has a normal "street-strip" spring package that is completely unrelated to what you are doing with your car.

I am sure the guys over at Pfadt can help you get this squared away. Have you rolled the car a few times after putting the coilovers on ? That will make a big difference to start with.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
I wish I would have logged on over the weekend! I almost did just to check up on everyone, but I had too much work in the shop. EncoreCamaros, call me! 888-972-2464. Something definitely does not seem right here. These are highly engineered and have been tested through the roof! You should be able to slam the car, burn around corners, and have a beautiful ride. Supercharged SS has a drag package which is very vehicle/application specific and may require individual tuning, that is a completely different issue than what you are seeing. I will figure out what is happening and get you set up ASAP! Our products are our pride and joy, and if it isn't a problem with the install itself, you can rest assured I will do everything to make sure we take care of you.

I personally have not seen this issue, so lets take a closer look and find out what is going on
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #22
PfadtRacing

I have some thoughts: I went and reviewed your build sheet and dyno results, everything is spot on. We build everything in house so the we have all the accountability, but also have full transparency on our work. I am wondering if the car just needs to settle? Any time you are lowering one of these Camaros, it should be driven around to make sure it all settles. That, or you can loosen the front arm bushing bolts and then re-torque them while its loaded, this will get it settled much quicker. Please give me a ring and let me know the actual before and after fender heights so I can better assist you.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Also don't forget you need to time the bushings, that will help.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Also don't forget you need to time the bushings, that will help.
Talked to Hunter this morning, the car has dropped significantly just by moving it around, I informed him to time the bushings and get back to me.

Guys, we put a lot of work into making sure these were perfect from the start. No need to worry about "tuning" or "fiddling" with spring rates/heights or any of that crap. You should be able to just put them on and have a spring rate and ride height that makes that car look amazing, ride smoothly, and blast around turns like you never imagined
Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #25
hp junkie

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I have the first generation coilovers and had a similar issue. No problem from pfadt, I just wanted a slammed track ride height. They hooked me up with the GMPP spec springs and all is perfect.
Attached Images

2010 2SS M6 CGM LMR cold air, texas speed underdrive pulley and complete stainless exhaust 17/8 headers coated, comp LSR cam, push rods and trunion upgrade, norris catch can, prothane engine mounts, pfadt coilovers, BMR everything suspension, BMR four point strut, MGW billet shifter, barton pistol grip handle, AAC dome and footwell blue, all lights 25% tint, RKsport carbon inlay spoiler, powdercoated calipers, Stoptech stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, West Bend Dyno tune 491rwhp and 465rwtq corrected.
hp junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #26
EncoreCamaros

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS LS3
ive had the pfadt coilovers on the car now for about 2 months and the front of the car still hasnt settled enough to adjust the front coilovers at all. the car is still a little high in the front and cant lower it. i timed the bushing and did everything i could think of to fix the issue. i went for a alignment at a very high end shop out near me and i asked them about it and the owner of the company told me its definately the front spring rating is too high for the application. thats not the first time i heard that! does anyone know the spring rating on the new generation pfadt coilovers?

http://www.tkxperformance.com/
ARH 1 7/8 headers catless 3'' long system, Whipple sc 4.00 pulley 9 lbs boost, msd boost-a-pump, CAI intake, Pfadt coilovers, toe links, trailing arms, solid cradle bushings, sway bars, Forgestar CF5 19x9.5/19x11, M/T et street II radials
EncoreCamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #27
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I would call pfadt. Hope I don't have the same issue. I am about to install mine, guess I will find out.

Last edited by CHMSC; 07-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I would call pfadt.
This. The quickest way to find a solution is to talk to the people that know the most about them.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote