Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #43
siriusdish

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEP RT View Post
Those deposits didn't come from fuel alone.
oil
vararam intake, Vmax TB,Vmax Intake,TSP VVT 3 Cam,TSP underdrive pulley,Yank 3600,TM Cooler,ARH 2", High Flow cats, X-pipe, GM Pro mufflers, RX Catch Can,160 stat, BMR Trailing,toe,Cradle insert, Diff. Bushings, End links, Spohn-LCA's (Touring)Wheel spacer's. 422 rwhp Mustang Dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFNAhCL7Os
siriusdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #44
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrautox View Post
You can try turning this around on me all you want, but I'm not the one selling a product. I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking your business, I just want to see if there is any proof behind the claims before I buy...
I take it your not buying the HP spark plug wires or underdrive pulley either.....

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #45
asrautox

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
Tracy doesn't come in to sell his product, he's here because he knows a lot about the subject. If you had been on here long enough you'd see that he lists some of the other vendors catch cans that he feels is worthwhile more often that he promotes his own.
Right, and I'll bet Mr. Tracy is more wiley than you suspect. I do the same thing in my business (lightly suggest that while I have the best product, the buying decision is yours). He's good at that for sure. It's all gravy until someone actually asks you to back up your claims. Then you have to try to flip the issue, prove your claims, or abort. We'll see what happens live...
asrautox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #46
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Sorry if I missed it, but eat about the llt???
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #47
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Right, and I'll bet Mr. Tracy is more wiley than you suspect. I do the same thing in my business (lightly suggest that while I have the best product, the buying decision is yours). He's good at that for sure. It's all gravy until someone actually asks you to back up your claims. Then you have to try to flip the issue, prove your claims, or abort. We'll see what happens live...
You must be very young, no offense to the other young drivers on here with common sense.

If you do what you say in your business then it's highly unlikely that you have the best of anything.

Bottom line. A catch can keeps waste that doesn't belong in the combustion chamber out. Years ago this waste was just ran out on the ground. The RX catch can happens to be nearly 100% efficient at doing what it is supposed to.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #48
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Here it is guys, and we have seen this kind of poster before. :troll: The majority of this guys posts are negative. Maybe he needs a swift
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #49
asrautox

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
Bottom line. A catch can keeps waste that doesn't belong in the combustion chamber out. Years ago this waste was just ran out on the ground. The RX catch can happens to be nearly 100% efficient at doing what it is supposed to.
Proven:
1. A catch can removes some percentage of oil from the intake
2. A catch can can look cool under the hood

Unproven:
1. A catch can adds power by reducing knock retard
2. A catch can increases the operating lifetime of an engine
Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #50
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Proven:

Unproven:
Any oil removed from the intake will extend the life of an engine Is oil supposed to be there? No. Does oil burn clean? No. Will burned oil leave deposits? Yes. Will any amount of oil over time foul plugs and gum up valves? Yes. Seriously bro, find somewhere else to troll. Use some common sense before posting nonsense. Run your car how you want.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #51
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrole+ View Post
Sorry if I missed it, but eat about the llt???
???????
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #52
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
Quote:
Proven:

Unproven:

Nobody loves you...

I have a idea. how about you buy one and do all the experiments you want to prove or disprove what ever you want. Do us a favor and stop your messing up treads. Becides once you complete you experiments you can sell it if you dont like it.
mgoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #53
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Here is a blurb from the newest Motor Trend:

Chrysler to add a new "Oil Misting spearator amd a specofic positive crankcase vent system" for durability.

The DI motors are all experiancing excess detremental early carbon deposit buildup as fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber and no mixture flows past the intake valves to help keep deposits from forming.

All auto manufacturers are aware of the issue and the detrimental
effects on an engines performance and life and all have been revising and changing the PCV system to address this, but Chrysler has been doing theis for several years now and this is just the latest.

I suspect this joker has been put up to this by a banned vandor or is that vedor himself as he seems to have nothing positive to post to help any members....just wants to confuse and be negative. Anyone is free to take care of their car or neglect it....its a free world, but most members here want the best for their baby and thats why you see me go to the extent I do with what I contribute.

Tell us your business and what you sell and where so we can follow you around and interfere with what ever you do (even though we most likely are not educated in your field and have no clue like its obvious in your case).
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #54
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Proven:

Unproven:
Proven 1. agreed
Proven 2. I'm not a fan of anything additional under the hood unless it serves a valid need. So would I rather a cc not be there? Yes.

Unproven 1. and 2. Seriously?

Do you think that all of the members on here have never been into other platforms over many years?

The good news is anyone without an agenda can research and find out about oil/water oil/air separators for many applications. The oil/air separator used on a cruise ships is really quite impressive. If you are lucky enough to see the cutaway illustration and description of how each section works it is very interesting.

As far as the comment about the troll, I was thinking the same thing. There is a positive side effect (not positive for the troll) to a troll's mission, people truely interested will educated themselves. Those that already have done so on this subject know that, no matter the particular vendor, there will be an increase in sales.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
asrautox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodbar View Post
I have a idea. how about you buy one and do all the experiments you want to prove or disprove what ever you want.
That's actually a good idea. I may have to do just that because it's apparent the ones selling the product haven't done any as I'm sure it would have been posted by now if they had.

I may have to buy another brand though as I'm not sure Terry would still sell me one
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #56
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I have just unsubscribed to this thread as it has become rediculous.

1. Proven - I have too much oil in my intake manifold.
2. Proven - There is a way tocatch the oil and prevent this.
3. Proven - Some people like to argue, adnauseum.

OUT!