Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
AntivenomSS
I hate snakes!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Another Technostalgia problem

Ok, so I looked through all the problem threads with these lights and could not find my exact problem, so I am asking for some insight and if anyone else had a similar problem. Here's the story:

I tried putting in the AAC LED reverse lights and they were faulty. When I went to put the stock lights back in, I could not get the technostalgia lights to work again. Before putting the reverse lights in, I had no problems, other than the battery drain issue (solved with a trickle charger to rejuice the battery and removing the pink wire off the positive terminal) from the technostalgia lights. The afterburner lights come on for lock/unlock and when I put on the headlights/DRLs, but they will not flash for anything: not turn signal, hazards, brake, or clicking the lock/unlock twice. Should I reconnect the show toggle and pink wire? Did I possibly ground the pink wire? Or are the resistors the problem? The resistors still get hot and I have not had an error message with them plugged in.

Also, I have turned all the switches to "on" and back to "off" inside each light to "reset" the lights, but that did nothing. I also checked for loose connections, bent prongs, and tried every combination of plugging the resistors back in.

All input is appreciated!!
AntivenomSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1

The pink wire is needed to make the lights work. If you don't run it to the battery due to draining issues, you need to wire it to a switched source. Then, the lights will work properly with the key in the ignition or with the lights turned on via the knob in the car. Without the key, only the afterburner portion comes on and no other functions work.

The purple show mode wire does not need to be hooked up for normal function. The pink wire does.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I had a problem with the AAC side markers screwing up my P/S HID headlight, did you check your fuses? I also have the Technostalgia tail lights and never had a problem.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
AntivenomSS
I hate snakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
The pink wire is needed to make the lights work. If you don't run it to the battery due to draining issues, you need to wire it to a switched source. Then, the lights will work properly with the key in the ignition or with the lights turned on via the knob in the car. Without the key, only the afterburner portion comes on and no other functions work.

The purple show mode wire does not need to be hooked up for normal function. The pink wire does.
Ah.....that's probably the problem. I'll look up how to run it to a switch and work on it tomorrow. Thanks a bunch man!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
AntivenomSS
I hate snakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren3537 View Post
I had a problem with the AAC side markers screwing up my P/S HID headlight, did you check your fuses? I also have the Technostalgia tail lights and never had a problem.
Yeah. Fuses were all good.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntivenomSS View Post
Ah.....that's probably the problem. I'll look up how to run it to a switch and work on it tomorrow. Thanks a bunch man!
Glad I could help. Hopefully, that will take care of it for you. I tapped into the remote wire for my amplifier after not finding a switched source in the trunk fuse panel (I tested all slots and they all showed 12v without the key on in my ZL1- not sure about other models). If you don't have an amp, it's not too hard to run to a switched source in the drivers side fuse panel.

I have the AAC reverse lights too, it's a nice combo with the Technostalgia tails.