Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Help !!which intake to choose from ???

Hey folks !!been reading a lot of info on here about CAI 's . There's too many out there !! Vavaram , rotofab , k&N etc . Anyone care to shed some light on any good ones there .. I personally have the K &N typhoon .but I havent heard any talk in regards to this specific brand out here on these forums . Any recommendations? Preference ? I am going to take a short poll here !! And maybe decide to switch from my current one . Thanks .
Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
briancamaross

Drives: 2011 ss 2ss auto camaro
Get the vararm
2011 2ss white Camaro mods are texas speed stage 4 cam 235/239 Texas speed 2inch headers no cats magna flow bullet mufflers gpi rod mod ,circle d 4000-4200 5c stall. 3.91 gears vararm cai power wedge.
briancamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #3
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
CAI looks very nice and clean. Top of the line ... check ‘em out.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #4
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I have the K&N Typhoon and love it - sounds awesome! Although if I had an LLT I think I'd go with the Vararam (2012+ is not compatible with it).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #5
Slvr-camaro15

Yes , I have the K & N . But have been hearing so much talk about the VARARAM and CAI that I'm not sure if it will be better to.switch . I was checking out the VAVARAM ON THE SITE yest ,but not sure if it will fit a 2015 v6
Old 09-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #6
KillboyPowerhead

What do you expect to gain with a different intake? Many people will argue the [actual] power and torque gains a given intake provides, but let's be honest, unless you're a professional driver or maybe race/drive your car real hard regularly and are really in tune with your car you're probably not going to notice a couple of extra HP/ft-lb, right? Maybe it's just me, but if I were choosing an intake (my car only sees the streets - for now) I would go with what sounds the best, and I don't have experience with anything besides the K&N but the K&N does sound pretty beastly; can't imagine anything sounding that much better or louder to warrant another ~$400 purchase. Again, that's just me...
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
Slvr-camaro15

Agreed !!!! Valid points guys . K & N it is for now . Maybe a mrt V2 axelback will enhance the sound a bit more .and once the warranty Is done in another 2 years .I'll look into catbacks etc
Old 09-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
KillboyPowerhead

A cat-back shouldn't affect the warranty anymore than an axle-back as they are both just pipe-work; before the cat-back - the cats - are where the warranty might take a hit. I'm waiting for the warranty to expire before I get me my Solo's