Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
KDawg

Drives: GTP
RS Package Spoiler

Can someone please post a pic in this thread of what that spoiler will look like? This is what I'm looking for exactly in this pic, is that it? I opted for the RS package when I ordered, praying that it won't have any ground effects or a highwing spoiler, and hoping it's the spoiler in this pic, please help!
Attached Images

KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
All you really need to do is look at pics from the auto shows. Find one with RS on the back or SS in red letters and that's what spoiler it will have. Ground effects and high wing spoiler are GM Performance Part accessories that are ordered seperately so you won't have to worry about getting them unless you add them to your order and pay the extra $$$. Closest spoiler you'll be able to get to that pic is the dovetail spoiler which is a $400 option according to http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/se...o_sitelet.html You can see it on the Dale Jr. Concept car.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The RS spoiler is the same as the SS spoiler which is indeed the one in the picture you posted Kdawg. The dovetail and High wing spoiler are extras from GMPP as stated above, but base and RS spoiler is the one you want. I'm in the same boat and want that stock spoiler also. =) BTW, Welcome to the boards.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
KDawg

Thanks for the welcome! I'm trying to get a Bumblebee of my own, and I know that the RS package I opted for has nothing to do with him, but what scares me is this RS pic i found on another thread, of brake cooling slots that aren't functional! And I'm really hoping that the Midnight Silver painted aluminum wheels don't throw me too far off! Since mine's an SS with the RS trim package, I'll still have the cooling slots functioning right Mindz? The dealer I'm ordering it from is getting tired of my questions now that they've got my deposit.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I'm trying to get a Bumblebee of my own, and I know that the RS package I opted for has nothing to do with him, but what scares me is this RS pic i found on another thread, of brake cooling slots that aren't functional! And I'm really hoping that the Midnight Silver painted aluminum wheels don't throw me too far off! Since mine's an SS with the RS trim package, I'll still have the cooling slots functioning right Mindz? The dealer I'm ordering it from is getting tired of my questions now that they've got my deposit.
The brake cooling slots as you call them are not functional on any of the camaros, they are a styling que that goes back to the 69 camaro, those were not functional either. I hope you also know the hood mail slot scoop is also non functional.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
The brake cooling slots as you call them are not functional on any of the camaros, they are a styling que that goes back to the 69 camaro, those were not functional either. I hope you also know the hood mail slot scoop is also non functional.
The hood mail slot scoop is NOT FUNCTIONAL????
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The RS spoiler is the same as the SS spoiler which is indeed the one in the picture you posted Kdawg. The dovetail and High wing spoiler are extras from GMPP as stated above, but base and RS spoiler is the one you want. I'm in the same boat and want that stock spoiler also. =) BTW, Welcome to the boards.
Sorry, the picture Kdawg posted is not the production spoiler. You can find all the examples of the production spoilers on this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9262

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
Sorry, the picture Kdawg posted is not the production spoiler. You can find all the examples of the production spoilers on this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9262
I like that spoiler, thought it was taller than the stock one. So is that one available ?
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Hugger View Post
I like that spoiler, thought it was taller than the stock one. So is that one available ?

Do you mean the OP's pic of Bumblebee???? That car is a concept. Note the gas cap location. That spoiler is slightly taller than what will come with production cars (ss and RS).

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
Do you mean the OP's pic of Bumblebee???? That car is a concept. Note the gas cap location. That spoiler is slightly taller than what will come with production cars (ss and RS).
yeah I knew it was a concept but I thought I saw it on some other cars. I thought it came accross the hole rear deck of the car ?
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #11
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
no. just across the trunk lid. the only one that goes across the whole back end is the dovetail on the dale jr car
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #12
KDawg

slots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
haha i know that they're not "functional" but cooling slots is what they're called on the spec sheet for the v8 I ordered, but on the v6's there's just the molds for the slots to be there, but they're really not! I'm just hoping that the RS package will still have real "holes" in the fender is what i'm looking for
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
haha i know that they're not "functional" but cooling slots is what they're called on the spec sheet for the v8 I ordered, but on the v6's there's just the molds for the slots to be there, but they're really not! I'm just hoping that the RS package will still have real "holes" in the fender is what i'm looking for
if you're still talking about the 3 'slots' in front of the rear tires, NONE of them on any package will be holes, just indentions in the panels. there's structural support behind there, so cutting wouldn't be beneficial to you. on top of that, if you cut holes in the panels that just went into an empty space, that'll increase drag, allow debris and moisture to get in there & rust out the panels much faster. cutting sounds like a lose-lose situation to me
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
camarokev
camaro #2449

Drives: 2010 iom 2ss/rs, 03 avalanche
Quote:
Can someone please post a pic in this thread of what that spoiler will look like? This is what I'm looking for exactly in this pic, is that it? I opted for the RS package when I ordered, praying that it won't have any ground effects or a highwing spoiler, and hoping it's the spoiler in this pic, please help!
i like that spoiler on the bumblebee car alot better than the stock one or the blade spoiler, is that one going to be available?
camarokev is offline   Reply With Quote