Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
BMR BUSHING

Well I hope BMR has read this, and is doing something to correct it.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #16
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Wow....sure glad I went with a set of Pfadt TA bushings. Thanks Jordan for making the price right as well.

Now I'm starting to regret not putting up the money to go with the Pfadt ZL1 bars. Alot of times cheaper is not always better and in the long run it's worth spending to extra money to get the right stuff the first time around.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #17
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
Hi Mike
i'm glad you found the problem. I have same t/a and bushing I think I will change out my bmr bushing now.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Thanks brother , was annoying and not safe when I ran my high boost setting. I'm just happy I can start saving for my cam now, one more alignment to go
Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #19
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Well crap, my BMR trailing arms and bushings just shipped out today from Apex, this is freaking annoying.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
Enforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Does anyone here think that I could have a traction issue with a factory set-up? (bushings) My car sways left and right at higher interstate speeds and seems to follow the abnormalities of the road a lot more than normal? I had brand new Pirelli tires put on and a new Rack all covered by the dealer and still no luck. I've got a 2011 2SS/RS only mods are a cat-back Magna flow exhaust. Also I was thinking about going with PFADT Camaro Performance Kit - Stage 3. If I did do you think this would fix the problem? Thanks for you help!

For more info you can go to the following link..
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6123664
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Wow....sure glad I went with a set of Pfadt TA bushings. Thanks Jordan for making the price right as well.

Now I'm starting to regret not putting up the money to go with the Pfadt ZL1 bars. Alot of times cheaper is not always better and in the long run it's worth spending to extra money to get the right stuff the first time around.
No problem! I'm always happy to help and I appreciate the support! I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Does anyone here think that I could have a traction issue with a factory set-up? (bushings) My car sways left and right at higher interstate speeds and seems to follow the abnormalities of the road a lot more than normal? I had brand new Pirelli tires put on and a new Rack all covered by the dealer and still no luck. I've got a 2011 2SS/RS only mods are a cat-back Magna flow exhaust. Also I was thinking about going with PFADT Camaro Performance Kit - Stage 3. If I did do you think this would fix the problem? Thanks for you help!

I would have to guess your issue is more than likely alignment related. That is the first place I would start if you're dealing with a stock Camaro. Do you happen to have your alignment specs? The Pfadt Stage 3 package solves a lot of OEM 5th Gen problems along with a good alignment. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for pricing.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

I agree with Jordan here. Sounds just like what my car was doing when it was out of alignment. Only differnce was mine was doing it all the time and not just at highway speeds.

Get your hands on the Pfadt Performance Street specs. Go back to the dealer and see if they'll align the car to those specs. If they won't you should at least have them align the car to OEM specs. An aligment put mine car back in order.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #23
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
No problem! I'm always happy to help and I appreciate the support! I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for". Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

I would have to guess your issue is more than likely alignment related. That is the first place I would start if you're dealing with a stock Camaro. Do you happen to have your alignment specs? The Pfadt Stage 3 package solves a lot of OEM 5th Gen problems along with a good alignment. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for pricing.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
I've had three alignments and the last one I had done at a different dealer than the previous two. I do have the spec sheet for the last alignment. The alignment fixed the issue of the car pulling right real bad but it still sways left and right. Inside the car the steering wheel feels tight like it should but while driving the tires feel loose, and even shaky when going over bumps. I also had an issue where I drove for almost a month with no power steering fluid, or better yet an unknown amount of power steering fluid. The dealer changed my rack out and the next day there was a whining noise in the steering, loud noise. They kept telling me for close to a month they could find anything or it was just air in the lines still but I finally took it to an independent person who found the fluid was not registering on the stick and could not see any in the reservoir. He said it probably did damage but the dealer only filled it and said it was fine...could this be causing my problem?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Probably not likely but have you had your tires balanced lately ?

Did it do this In The summer too ?
My brother just got an SS and was complaining it was a little funky, but it started happening when the temp dropped , It was the summer p zeros when it was warmer it was fine
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #25
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969to2010 View Post
Probably not likely but have you had your tires balanced lately ?

Did it do this In The summer too ?
My brother just got an SS and was complaining it was a little funky, but it started happening when the temp dropped , It was the summer p zeros when it was warmer it was fine
Yea I had the tires balanced the same day I did the alignment...and I thought it could be the summer tires also but it does It in the 50's and 60's also..think I'll go with PFADT stage 2 with rear arm package and maybe even the LG chassis brace. Hopeful that will work. I think its a lot to do with the roads where I live and its an everyday driver...the factory setup just sucks. Period. Thanks for all yalls help.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Keep us posted good luck
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I'm only at a little over 400 RWHP and mine does the same thing, kinda sways back and forth under hard acceleration. I also have the BMR trailing arms and outer bushings. I'm having toe rods, 3.91 gears with dif bushings, and UCA bushings installed this spring so I'll see if that helps. If not I'll definatley try the Pfadt outer bushings! Thanks for posting your findings!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #28
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Just something to keep in mind , I have toe links and full poly bushings installed in my car and still had the same issue
The good thing it's cheap and an easy install

Good luck hope it works out