Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #141
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Not Feeling to Warm about the NeW Rear End

I know it's one man's opinion. But, I am not feeling the warnth about the rear end restyle. Looks too much like an old Nissan 240SX (1990 - I believe).

But heck that's just me.

The Z/28, however, is a real pleasant surprise! Good move!
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #142
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
I'm pretty bummed that we don't have a lot of "grabber" colors. This isn't a cadillac we're talking about. RRM looks nice but it's not a musclecar color. Where is the bright blue, green, or orange? I'm just glad they didn't take away yellow and red! Without the yellow, these color options would be something you'd see in a caddillac brochure. I bet that they are going to do some better colors in 2015 but I don't really want to wait that long just to get orange, green, or blue.
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #143
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990Camaro View Post
I have been waiting to buy a Camaro for 3 years now, finally going to pull the trigger this summer... I'm really hoping that the "hood" is optional, I can't stand it. it looks completely like an afterthought. The shape is just blah, looks like it can be bought at Pep Boys.
It is standard on the 2LT, 2SS and Z/28 models I believe.

at first I did not like it, but it has grown on me. It looks better in Carbon Fiber.

Congrats on your future purchase.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #144
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
The RRM needs more orange.... as I was reading through this thread and all the discussions of what it may look like... all I could think of was Sunset Orange Met that came on the 4th Gen which was stunning.... Make it close to that and it's def a winner.
You're exactly right. The RRM is not really orange. Those of us who were hoping to order a 2014 in orange are not going to look at RRM as orange. It's dark red with a touch of orange in it. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of so many cool colors. it's weird and I don't like RRM.
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #145
1990Camaro

Drives: 1990 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
It is standard on the 2LT, 2SS and Z/28 models I believe.

at first I did not like it, but it has grown on me. It looks better in Carbon Fiber.

Congrats on your future purchase.

That's great news then, I was looking at getting the 1SS/1LE in Grey, w/sunroof. Now I'm adding in the seats, they look AWESOME!!!
1990Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #146
INTENSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I like the looks of the redesign - no beef with the front and rear end changes. However, I am dissapointed once again in the color choices. I could have sworn Kinetic blue or a light blue of some kind would have been offered. And then my other two favorite colors, IOM and Victory Red got discontinued. RRM doesn't seem to do it for me, though I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person.

Looking forward to seeing what is done with the 1LE package as I'll pass on the Z/28 due to lacking some basic comforts - and that's a damn shame.

2017 Camaro ZL1
2002 Camaro SS 35th LE - Sold
1987 Monte Carlo SS
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #147
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
A spoiler add is simple and cheap. Hardly a breaking point with regards to the new model changes.
It is a cheap mod, and it definitely isn't a breaking point, but it is nice when some of the "standard" mods come ... well, standard. Thinking about it more, it might have something to do with the new decklid design.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #148
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
This is a really good picture of the new tail lights, diffuser, rear spoiler and deck lid. I have to agree with the earlier posts in that it looks a bit plain as compared to the current model. Tail lights shape has just a hint of the mid to late 2nd generation Camaro look to them as well.
I just..don't..like..the..back. Too plain. Not as dynamic looking as the models it's replacing. If they wanted to do the one-piece again they'd have done better with something like this (I modded the right side):

Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-011[1]a.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  139.9 KB

instead of this:

Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-011[1].jpg
Views: 2353
Size:  149.2 KB

Wrapping the tail light around the side just makes it look like an ordinary sedan. Not having the recessed back is also a mistake. That was one of the distinctive features of the 67-70 Camaros. This is fixable with some custom bodywork but it shouldn't have been this way in the first place.

The front I'm okay with; that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for getting a Z/28. The back though....I'd have to get that fixed.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #149
COPZ

Drives: 2011 SYNERGY GREEN 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Red Rock Metallic - and don't go by the pics - you must see it in natural daylight to get the effect. You were looking at it under show lights.............
Just like Synergy Green and Kinetic Blue. You have to see it under natural light as pictures are so different then in person.
Vararam CAI
SLP Wheels
SLP Splitter
ZL1 Grill, Rockers and Spoiler
Complete 2013 Hot Wheels conversion
COPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #150
Camss57

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_beltran805 View Post
Hello sir, are we gonna get to see any pictures for the 1LE package soon? hopefully a z28 spoiler
I really want to see the 1LE as well, but I think the Z/28 spoiler too big. I think the SS spoiler in black like the current 1LE would look better.
Camss57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #151
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
All you so called Camaro enthusiasts need to get your heads out of your butts and quit saying the tail lights look like a Honda, Nissan, Acura, etc etc... You need your American citizenship revoked if you cannot see the influence in some of the classic Chevys from the 60's and 70's. it has been pointed out numerous times the new lights have design elements from the 66 and 67 impala SS, the 69 Camaro, the 75-78 Monza coupe, the mid to late 70's Camaros, all of which came BEFORE any of those lame ass Japanese cars.

Note I never said you could not hate it just these Japanese comparasons are stupid, especially when there were Chevys that came before them that were the actual inspiration.
I agree. The tail lights IMO are retro camaro from the 60's. The old tail lights were modern.

I still am not a fan of the tail lights though and I wasn't a fan of the 60's tail lights either. That's just personal preference on my part, but the fact remains the tail lights are camaro retro IMO.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #152
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I agree. The tail lights IMO are retro camaro from the 60's. The old tail lights were modern.

I still am not a fan of the tail lights though and I wasn't a fan of the 60's tail lights either. That's just personal preference on my part, but the fact remains the tail lights are camaro retro IMO.
I agree... I think MAYBE if they found a way to "break up/divide" the lights... it would look more appealing...

Just that one solid look - looks BLAH.
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #153
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Don't get the whole string of LED lights trend. To me it looks gawdy, something Elton John would bejewel out a car with. Happily keeping my '12 for quite a while, maybe the LED light string trend thing will fade away sometime soon.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #154
shazam

Drives: IOM/IOM 2LT
tailights are now horrible

I guess we have to see them in person, and maybe GM should have asked someone, who maybe isn't blind...

my two pennies!

They should have just did the afterburner thing on the original concept, I'm pretty sure people would have loved that!

Let's start a I hate the new tail lights poll
shazam is offline   Reply With Quote