Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
SigEp1097
Release the Kraken

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible, 2003 Audi RS6
Lucas Oil Super Coolant

Has anybody tried this stuff out yet? I sense snake oil, but Lucas Oil claims that up to two of these bottles can reduce operating temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigEp1097 View Post
Has anybody tried this stuff out yet? I sense snake oil, but Lucas Oil claims that up to two of these bottles can reduce operating temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
Sounds like Red Line Water Wetter, no? The gauges in my GTP did indeed read a cooler engine on a regular basis after I added Red Line (I made a point to note the regular positions before and after) some years back. I've used it in both of my Camaros, but I didn't make any real attempt to monitor before and after temps on those cars.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
SigEp1097
Release the Kraken

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible, 2003 Audi RS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Sounds like Red Line Water Wetter, no? The gauges in my GTP did indeed read a cooler engine on a regular basis after I added Red Line (I made a point to note the regular positions before and after) some years back. I've used it in both of my Camaros, but I didn't make any real attempt to monitor before and after temps on those cars.
That and Royal Purple Ice. I checked my radiator cap, and I am at the max anyways, so I am just going to forget about it for the time being. If there is any benefit, I bet it is almost non-existent.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
That and Royal Purple Ice. I checked my radiator cap, and I am at the max anyways, so I am just going to forget about it for the time being. If there is any benefit, I bet it is almost non-existent.
if im not mistaken those additives increase the boiling point of the coolant/water and thats how it keeps the motor happy. If you dont push the car enough for the temps to go that high its kinda useless.

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Snake oil. You can not get any cooler than ambient. It can not help anything but Lucas wallet.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolant, lucas, oil, super, zl1