Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: What car would you drive if the Camaro were not available?
I would drive a Mustang. 95 25.61%
I would drive a Challenger. 188 50.67%
I wouldn't drive either a Mustang or a Challenger. 88 23.72%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Camaro Vs. Mustang Vs. Challenger Poll

Just testing a theory.

Go ahead and Vote in the Poll. .................... Keep in mind - Vote's are private.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Idk man, on a camaro board? You're probably gonna get a heavy bias for the challenger and mustang.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT 79 View Post
Idk man, on a camaro board? You're probably gonna get a heavy bias for the challenger and mustang.
Well this isnt really a Camaro board, i mean yeah you will find mainly GM fans on here (hence the name) but really ive found this site is an avid supporter of all muscle cars from all three American brands...that being said i cant bring myself to vote on this poll, i myself would drive, and enjoy driving all three, they all have their pros and cons

The Mustang sucks on paper but in the real world its an amazing machine and i give Ford tons of kudos for making such an underrated car perform so well, 315hp, 5-speed tranny, live rear axle, its priced around $30k for a fully loaded model and it STILL competes performance wise, definate kudos, plus the interior is really nice now, very user-friendly cockpit and you get that "premium" feel with it plus those "my color" gauges are amazing, the car is light and nimble and you always feel like you're on the edge of your seat, i absolutly love how Ford hasnt skimped on the interior noise too many companies are trying to muffle our beloved V8s these days and honestly if you're buying a muscle car and dont wanna hear the engine you dont desirve to own the car, my favorite thing about the Mustang is how it hasnt gone overboard with the luxury options, adding the on-screen nav is a definate no-no but for the most part its a very down-to-earth car...my beefs are that its still cheaply put together, there's large panel gaps, its not as solid as some may like, and you'll see 80 of the same car on the way too work, you will not feel special driving a Mustang in traffic...on a slender backroad though you'll feel like a king. Id say B+ car

The Challenger looks drop dead amazing, its so hefty and so aggressive and when opting for the R/T Classic its really the best looking new car on the road today, true All American Hot Rod, the interior is kinda bland but i personally like it, sure its not unique but its still a very accurate interpretation of the Challengers of yore (try comparing them sometime, you'll be surprised how well they match) plus back in the day all Chrysler interiors looked the same so you cant start complaining now, they're awsome to open up on backroads and they have the meanest growel offered in a car today, lastly this is the one muscle car you can actually take on a road trip, VERY comfortable, VERY premium feel, and lots of cabin space, and as an added bonus Challenger drivers are a very exclusive bunch...my beefs, its WAY underpowered for its price, add an extra 100 horses to each model and you've got a deal, til then nada, its waayy too big and heavy which is a Mopar trademark but only good for the Charger but not a plus on the Challenger...in the end its an amazingly fun car to romp around in, gets lots of attention, but in real performance scenarios it falls apart, a personal beef of mine is how the Challenger is all about the Muscle/Luxury car idea, i say if you want a Caddy buy a Caddy, if you want a muscle car dont expect much but a stiff suspension and a meaty V8, maybe a B car

The Camaro is probly about the best balance you will find, it looks awsome and really channels the look of the classic while still proclaiming how modern it really is, the interior is VERY unique and the low-slung haunched down feel will constantly remind you you can only be driving a Camaro, it has amazing performance on hand whenever you need it, you'll get lots of attention wherever you go, you wont be as exclusive as the Challenger but you'll definatly have that unique edge over the Mustang, then again who cares about being exclusive when you can out-perform either of the two? Plus the Camaro has the added bonus of having a VERY high performance V6 for those who are short handed for cash, the great thing about this car is you'll feel like the king of any road you open up on and it wont be lost in real performance scenarios, this car talks the talk, walks the walk, and sticks out like a sore thumb in a crowd...my beefs? Yes there are beefs for this car as well, the interior is a little "goofy" it looks great at first but after a few times of seeing it it begins looking cartoonish and you being asking for something that takes itself a little more seriously, the materials it uses are good but not amazing, it still feels somewhat cheap here and there, lastly the car is a little too pricey, we're still asking for our affordable American performance but with all the luxury options people are clamoring for these days most people just cant cough up the green for "affordable" anymore...Camaro hasnt lost the meaning of its name, when you drive it you feel like you're in a Camaro, it gets the attention, and it'll plant you in your seat, grade A car

All three are amazing but everyone will buy for one of two reasons, the first and most prominent is brand allegiance, its really retarted that one person can say "your car is just a mid-sized coupe with a V8 thats dumb, but mine's a mid-sized V8 and its awsome!" thats just stupid, but hey prefference is personal and people have their reasons...second you'll just have to ask yourself what you're looking for, do you want to sacrifice looks for performance? Do you want more Muscle and less Luxury? Is money an issue? Everyone will find their best match for their own situation...now lets see Pontiac bring back the GTO or Firebird, lets have Plymouth drop a Barracuda or Roadrunner, and complete the circle with a redesigned Cougar! Long live the muscle car wars! =)

(these are my reviews, excuse the length, lol)

Last edited by Vega; 11-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Haha, man I was just being sarcastic. But good write up.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
coolman

hands down the mustang for me. I love the look of the challenger but that's where it stops for me. I already had a chrysler 300c and it's really the same car and I wasn't that impressed. the mustang is more nimble, lighter and faster. And if you go with the gt500 you got the king of the hill.

Last edited by coolman; 11-18-2009 at 11:01 PM.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
I'm still dying for a 71-73 Cuda. Or 73 Roadrunner. 73 Mustang. 68 Camaro (or Firebird). Chevelle. 69 Vette. 69 Mustang. And others. But I'll take my smokin' hot RT over any of the new ones.

Today, I counted Mustangs and Corvettes in Scottsdale. Basically, there are as many, if not more, Corvettes than Mustangs running around here. And there are a LOT of Mustangs. Weird. It's sad the Vette has become a common car. Fun fact #102.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
For looks: Challenger

For performance: Mustang GT

For both: Camaro SS
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #9
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Hmm..well I drive a Mustang...so I guess I would need to flip it. If I did not own a Mustang what would I drive. In all honesty, I would need to go and "re-look" at the cars again.

I love the style of the Chally, and the roomy interior. I have never had a chance to drive one the way I would for testing.

The Camaro styling is ok...I have seen some I love and others I go..um..yeah weird huh ? But heh, I have done the same for Stangs to. I dislike the interior and the visibility of the Camaro, but I would say I would need to revisit driving it again to make a good choice.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Depends which Mustang. If its the GT vs the Challenger RT, then I would choose the challenger. If its the GT500, I would choose it over even the Camaro.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Hyundai Genesis Coupe!

sike.....

I don't drive a Camaro-- but-- I say Challenger- It has way more character and turns way more heads than the Mustang, Which hasn't changed much in 5 years.
________
K1200S

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:07 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If it weren't for the Camaro, I'd want a Challenger
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I almost bought a mustang a few years ago.

but it was a tough move... For more than a few reasons I walked away. But I'd be lying if I said Brand loyalty to GM wasn't a large factor.

I was really troubled by buying and driving a Ford. Immature? maybe.... probably....

But I do like Chevy's, and my Dad and I have always owned them... So, call me a koolaid drinker...

I'd probably own a chally before I'd own a mustang. But If no camaro was on the road....

I could get a mustang... But it would have to be a GT500....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Nothing against either of the other two. They are awesome as well, but I would get nothing.

I said before I ordered, I'm not in the market for a car, I don't need a car, I don't want a car. I want THIS car.