Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #197
RichieRich

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
No way.

Drove the 6 told myself if this is a 6 I want an 8!
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #198
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
I have a 2LT/RS, if it wasn't for the jacked up premiums charged in the chicago area I would have bought the SS. Just couldn't swing the 37-40k for a 2SS/RS, and I am just too damn impatient! (I am sure the prices are much better now that we're snow covered) If money isn't a factor get the SS, if it is, you'll still love the 6. If the gas mileage is going to really bother you...get an Aveo.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #199
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
the v8 and the v6 are so different the v8 is a beast that tears ass and wont stop the v6 is more classy with power when you need it but dont expect burning rubber ass hauling a v8 gives, I never drove a v8 , i own a 2lt the power is so good FOR ME but when i do see a v8 that thing looks and sound soooo much more BEASTLY!!
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 AM   #200
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Can't help you out on this one... 2SS/RS from day one...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #201
jleinaweaver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
If you have the money to buy a 2SS, then why would you want a 2LT (this coming from a former 2LT owner)? Key words there: "HAVE THE MONEY" I didn't have that kinda cash, so I went with the 2LT (it was also my daily driver during the non-winter months).

I have the same feeling about Chevy Trucks, why did so many of you wimps settle for anything less than the 8.1L engine?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:47 AM   #202
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Rad, first off great question. And I get you on the point of it "not being about the money". I dig efficiency. I've owned oil burners and loved the high performance machines they were in their own right.

I just took delivery of my Black 2LT RS 6MT with the inferno orange interior. 2 months ago, my brother bought a black 2SS 6AT with the inferno orange interior. I in fact test drove his car before he did LOL and I loved it but thought the auto was a bit of a let down in it's manual operation mode. I have never driven a manual V8 but most tests I've seen stick vs. auto have them either neck and neck or the auto beating the stick even being down 25 horses. Go figure.

I forged ahead and methodically ordered the 2LT with the 6MT. Here is my limited experience with the car as it pertains to power: After a stoplight drag with my brother which he won of course, we both came to the clear conclusion that the V6 ain't slow. I toyed around around with an 02-03 Vette the other day on the freeway and I'm still getting used to the retro style speedo and thought I was closing in on 120 when in fact it was 140. It stayed right with the Vette. In fact depending on which gear we both were in, the lead changed back and forth. If i'm not mistaken, the V6 and the V8 are both governed to 156 MPH.

The more I drive it the more I fall in love with it's silky V6 sound. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a V8 but the V6 just seems a little more unexpected as a performance option in a pony car and maybe that's why I dig it so much. The clutch is feather lite compared to my Scion or Acura though I wish the Camaro had the Acura's gearbox feel. Not bad though by any means just nit picking, it's extremely entertaining and easy to drive.

I have the same gorgeous 20 inch rims (quite possibly the prettiest factory rims ever) as my brother has - his are polished, mine are midnight - as well as the connectivity package and backup sensors. I do like the SS's lower stance (by about an inch it appears) and larger exhaust pipes but mine rides a little better and gets better fuel economy. Lots of hills where I live. I seem to be getting about 18 mpg and my bro gets 12 on premium and requires Mobil 1 which may be issues for some. My Acura sips premium so I don't really care about that issue too much and I run Mobil 1 in all of my cars anyway.

Rad, do the unconventional thing and go with the 2LT performance option, I think you'll love it.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #203
Bert
synergy-green with envy

Drives: Cam....ry :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
. . . . do the unconventional thing and go with the 2LT performance option, I think you'll love it.
what is the "2LT performance option" ?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #204
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
In reading his message I would say he means "Rally Sport"
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #205
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Buy the SS
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #206
mslone

Drives: 1969 vette & 2010 RS/2SS 6-Spd
NOT A CHANCE!!!

I just need the Power... Maybe I need to go to Power Rehab...NA...I just need to go for a drive!!!

Get A Custom Poster of Your Car 10% Off with this Code: ( Camaro5-10off ) sales@gearheadsdesign.com
Become a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housto...0067059?ref=ts
mslone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #207
nyycamarogirl
Camaro Girl

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, SIM M6, 315hp
Send a message via AIM to nyycamarogirl
My thoughts........

Daily driver = v6

Weekend/good weather car= v8

I have a 6 and i LOVE it, it is super fun and very fast. Best 6 I've ever driven. Better than many v8s I have driven. Of course in a dream world I would have a ss/rs.... as well as 50 other cars but reality is my Camaro is my dd. Snow, rain, ice, potholes, traffic, parked outside..... my camaro must face all of these. It was just not practical to get an SS not to mention I couldn't afford it. I even wince when I fill up now... I would cry if I had the v8!

Definitely get the M6 though!!!!! The clutch is light and it is really easy and smooth to drive in the v6... so even in traffic I don't get TOOOOOO pissed off haha. And manual is WAY more fun... plus the v6 auto has no limited slip diff and not as good gears
nyycamarogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #208
Cyber_Gray_Autobot

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
I have the 2LT RS package and am happy with it.

It is my daily drive and it handles well in the winter (with winter tires, 18 inch downsize).

In Canada, the 2SS approaches $50000 whereas the 2LT RS is in the $40000 range (we pay a lot more for them in Canada even after you consider the US-Canadian dollar exchange which is close to par), so I never considered the 2SS as I knew I would never be able to really appreciate its power given my driving is mostly on residential/city streets where the speed limit is about 38 mph (60 km/hr). Even with the 2LT, it is rare where I can really open it up on my daily drive and I usually have to wait for the weekends.

However, the real reason is because we have a very long winter season and I felt that type of power may be tricky to handle on slippery road conditions. Having said that, you need to be gentle on the throttle with a 2LT as well in the winter.
Cyber_Gray_Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #209
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleinaweaver View Post

I have the same feeling about Chevy Trucks, why did so many of you wimps settle for anything less than the 8.1L engine?
Why would you even consider an 8.1 when you can get a DURAMAX
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #210
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Bert to answer your question it's a little tongue in cheek as there is no specific 2LT performance option. It's simply a matter of going with the V6 and getting plenty of performance while enjoying the many virtues the V6 has to offer. I'm dubbing it such as an alternative to the "must have" V8 because I think it's a smart choice for a lot of reasons. Don't get me wrong the V8 is way baddarss but it's not the only good choice with the Camaro.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote