Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #155
speed racer
Speed Racer

Drives: 2010 SuperCharged SS/RS
Pics of the shims would be great...Will the Race Scoop have to be removed, by looking at the pics I posted..

I hope not?

Thanks
Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS/RS ---- TVS 2300 Maggie, Hotchkis Track Pack, ADM Race CAI Intake ADM Race Scoop, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Oil catch can, SLP badges & Spoiler, 1/4 mile in 12.138 seconds @ 117 MPH. No Headers, No Cam
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #156
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
@ speed racer. I don't have the adm scoop but looking at ur pics I can look wen I get home.

@GJG. where exactly did u shim? I would like at it to the first post.

Thanks

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #157
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
Pics of the shims would be great...Will the Race Scoop have to be removed, by looking at the pics I posted..

I hope not?

Thanks
Speed,

the ADM scoop will be tight.....i am going to say no it is going to interfere with the scoop on that side.........but....the scoop is going to funnel huge amounts of new air up towards the breather....maybe more than the ADM scoop......i have it on my list to see if i can or need to fab a piece of sheet metal to help direct the air up ala ADM.......

shims:
blue - 1/16"
red - 1/8"
black - 1/4" (not needed)

we use these in different glass installations.....i cut them into 1/2" pc's to use as needed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post

@GJG. where exactly did u shim? I would like at it to the first post.

Thanks

Lupe
Lupe....here is a pic/drawing...LOL

btw....i used the small rope thinking it would help hold the T3's in better but i believe it was more trouble than it was worth given the allotted time....the key is knowing how your going to clamp/adjust from the inside....

when shimming while the adhesive is still wet, do not shim to tight......you will move/slide the rings back as they are held only by the rigged clamps/paddles......when it all cures re-shim as required to get a flush look on the exterior.....when they are all in place caulk this inner area forcing the sealant into any voids as it will act as a shim also when it cures and also keep the shims from falling out.....Silicone should be fine for this.....

Last edited by GJG; 11-20-2010 at 08:42 PM.
GJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #158
overhaulengines

@GJG, dude, that is awesome, im going out to shim my ports to get rid on the very minor gaps i have. love your input, thanks bro

1st post update with more info.

lupe
Old 11-21-2010, 12:08 AM   #159
GJG

Drives: 2SS
no problem.....i owe you!!! I would have never attempted this without you original DIY!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #160
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
no problem.....i owe you!!! I would have never attempted this without you original DIY!
glad it worked out the way you wanted, thanks for all you input, between us, i think we have to put together a good DIY.

lupe
Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #161
dxy2jbaby

Drives: Summit White Camaro
Is it possible to get Color shifting LEDs to the Fog light area? Such as http://www.automotivelightstore.com/RGBstrip.aspx

Where did u get Red/white halo fog light btw?
dxy2jbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #162
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxy2jbaby View Post
Is it possible to get Color shifting LEDs to the Fog light area? Such as http://www.automotivelightstore.com/RGBstrip.aspx

Where did u get Red/white halo fog light btw?
hello, yes you could do the RGB strip, i just use a single white led strip, but i guess any color or colored strip could be used. Hmm cool idea, red and while halo's are from AAC. same link you sent me.

lupe
Old 11-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #163
speed racer
Speed Racer

Does anyone have pics of the ACS T3 Scoops installed with the matching color of the grills?

Gary said he could match the grill textures and color, if I wanted them that way... I was curious as to what they would look like matching the Grilles and not the paint.... I hope someone has some pics..
Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS/RS ---- TVS 2300 Maggie, Hotchkis Track Pack, ADM Race CAI Intake ADM Race Scoop, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Oil catch can, SLP badges & Spoiler, 1/4 mile in 12.138 seconds @ 117 MPH. No Headers, No Cam
Old 11-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #164
overhaulengines

Quote:
Does anyone have pics of the ACS T3 Scoops installed with the matching color of the grills?

Gary said he could match the grill textures and color, if I wanted them that way... I was curious as to what they would look like matching the Grilles and not the paint.... I hope someone has some pics..
found this on RobbDogg member link, this is the closest i found, hope it helps

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89787

lupe
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #165
speed racer
Speed Racer

Thanks for the Link..

I could have sworn that I had seen some pics somewhere on Camaro5, of set that was painted to match the color and texture of the grilles... I just lost the link..LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #166
overhaulengines

Quote:
Thanks for the Link..

I could have sworn that I had seen some pics somewhere on Camaro5, of set that was painted to match the color and texture of the grilles... I just lost the link..LOL
lol, yeah, it took me a bit to find it. so when are you going to do it? make sure to take notes and pics to share, and i will add them to first post for others

lupe
Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #167
speed racer
Speed Racer

I sure will.. Hopefully soon...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #168
speed racer
Speed Racer

Ok, guys I had someone photo shop them in for me.... What do you think looks better on the CGM

1) T3's that are painted same color as the car?

2) T3 that are painted to match the same color and texture of the grille?

I think I like the grille colored ports better on the CGM....
Attached Images