Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #113
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Garage Queen here. I have a 4x4 for the winter and would never consider for 1 second owning a Camaro as an only car here in Canada.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #114
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Why do so many people get so easily butt hurt on here? I am quite sure the OP is not taking about your 274' of snow that you have to use a helo to get out of the drive way...OP is talking about the..."I have 281 miles on my 2010 Camaro. It has not even seen rain as my garage does not have a window and I will not open the door unless the weather person has rain a minimum 6 days out. If the wind is more than 2 knots, I do not bring the Camaro out of the garage...I have bird poo catchers mounted at every angle as to keep the Camaro as clean as the day I got it."

Hate to bring it up, but the cars that "Have never seen rain" really have...Chevrolet did not keep the car inside the factory and teleport it to the dealer showroom.

For all the ones that got butt hurt because you have snow...OP was not talking to you...for all the ones that got butt hurt because the OP asked a question in an open forum wondering if your thought process was the appreciation value of a Camaro, you will live.

This site use to be such a great place to gain knowledge and view wonderful cars. It was an online place to see the pride people took in their cars and what all you can do to a Camaro. Now is has become a bunch of whinny kids that post a "search button" emotion instead of helping someone out, or "Because I can you "blank, blank, beep, beep, idiot that has not lived in my shoes!" Why? What has happened over the last few years that brings this site to this?

Good question OP and a handfull of people see where you are going with it. I too drive my Camaro as she has over 27k miles on her...I have had her for 2 years, 9 days as of this post...and I was deployed for 6+ months of that. I have a garage, but I choose to use my garage as a workout room and man cave with TV and seating. My Camaro sits in the weather, and when she is dirty, I wash her.

So, some of you are going to make post about me being butt hurt and saying that about others...yep, I am butt hurt that so many people check post ONLY to bash someone for asking a question. I am butt hurt that a site that was set up to help bring people together has made new joins scared to ask questions. I am butt hurt that some of you will spell check and grammar check my post to see if there is something to bash. I wish there was someway to bring back Camaro5.com! I wish we could help someone or answer a question if someone ask. OK...leaving soapbox!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #115
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
28k miles of enjoyment on my 2010 that I picked up in 2009. I enjoy the hell out of the car and travel long distances to events like Camaro Fest and take it on vacation, but I see no reason putting senseless miles to and from work and then worrying about it sitting in the parking lot when I can put the miles and dings on my 15yo pickup.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #116
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
Mine is over two years old and only has 800 miles. Why you ask....cause I choose to do the same, only drive it when I want and the weather is nice. Why do so many people ask these questions? If you choose to make yous a dd, then good for you! I have three other choices, so I made the choice to keep mine pristine. Why......because it's MY choice.
2013 Silverado Z71
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #117
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I think the difficulty comes in trying to understand why such a large "investment" would get so little use. Not what your reasons might be.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #118
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
This thread just struck a chord... I got my Dad's 1978 Firebird when I was in High School. That car had been used and abused before we even got it and I never had the money or time to really fix it up (I really wish I still had it). I take good care of my cars, so when I got the chance to buy my Camaro, I said that this would be the ONLY sports car I'll ever buy and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. So I park it in the garage and it will never see snow/ice because why drive it when I have a Jeep for those days (paid off and wrapped in steel bumpers). I really want to look at my Camaro in 10 - 15 years and say she still looks as good as the day I drove her home for the first time and I have lots of memories behind the wheel. If I ever have to sell it (god forbid), that SOB (buyer) should be happy that I kept it in such excellent shape. Will I lose money if I sell it? Probably. Is it a collector car? No. Do I want it to stay as nice as possible until my son inherits it? Absolutely. For some people a car is just a car (my wife is that way and I understand) but, to others it's more than that. So if you have to ask why I put my car in the garage and drive it on the weekends only, then it's just a car to you and that's fine (to each his own). I grew up on the idea that things (cars, houses, bicycles etc.) are not disposable like the majority does now. If I want disposable, I'll buy a Yugo. No thanks. I'll keep my 1999 Cherokee (my DD) running smoothly and my Camaro looking like it's really loved by it's owner (as it is). I've been getting asked this a lot lately because I don't drive my car to work every day. I don't expect people to understand. They all drive "regular" cars. My Camaro is anything but "regular" to me. Sorry for the long rant. No offense to the OP!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #119
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcclint View Post
This thread just struck a chord... I got my Dad's 1978 Firebird when I was in High School. That car had been used and abused before we even got it and I never had the money or time to really fix it up (I really wish I still had it). I take good care of my cars, so when I got the chance to buy my Camaro, I said that this would be the ONLY sports car I'll ever buy and I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. So I park it in the garage and it will never see snow/ice because why drive it when I have a Jeep for those days (paid off and wrapped in steel bumpers). I really want to look at my Camaro in 10 - 15 years and say she still looks as good as the day I drove her home for the first time and I have lots of memories behind the wheel. If I ever have to sell it (god forbid), that SOB (buyer) should be happy that I kept it in such excellent shape. Will I lose money if I sell it? Probably. Is it a collector car? No. Do I want it to stay as nice as possible until my son inherits it? Absolutely. For some people a car is just a car (my wife is that way and I understand) but, to others it's more than that. So if you have to ask why I put my car in the garage and drive it on the weekends only, then it's just a car to you and that's fine (to each his own). I grew up on the idea that things (cars, houses, bicycles etc.) are not disposable like the majority does now. If I want disposable, I'll buy a Yugo. No thanks. I'll keep my 1999 Cherokee (my DD) running smoothly and my Camaro looking like it's really loved by it's owner (as it is). I've been getting asked this a lot lately because I don't drive my car to work every day. I don't expect people to understand. They all drive "regular" cars. My Camaro is anything but "regular" to me. Sorry for the long rant. No offense to the OP!
Agreed 100%! Good post!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #120
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Mine is a garage queen and I planned it that way. When I was nine my first stepdad let me longboard on a 69 he was painting for a guy (I'm sure he fixed it after I went to bed). I was hooked! Years later, a neighbor lady where we played football as kids had a 69 that sat in her garage with flat tires. At 15, I worked all summer and saved $400 detasseling corn to make that my first car! I worked on it all year in auto shop at school before concluding it was too much for my skills and parted it out. The entire underbody was gone. I found a 68 with a solid underbody and took it with me to auto body school. I still replaced the entire outer body and rear wheel houses.

I have restored numerous cars over the years. I've seen the damage the salt and crap does and had to fix it. I replaced a street machine with skinnies and drag radials with my Camaro. That car was special to me and the Camaro is, too. I never want this car to need that type of work done. Once the demon starts (rust) it NEVER sleeps.

I bought it for special use only. My son will enjoy it, too, when I go, and he will not need to restore it first.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #121
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Because my other Camaros need a little loving too.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #122
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Like I said before, this thread is just a silly question. Why even ask? It's like asking, why do people do what they do when it's not what I would do?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #123
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Looking for the a little understanding of an outlook that is completely alien to him without putting his friend in the middle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast/Furious View Post
I have a friend of a friend who has a slighty older Camaro 2SS I believe it is a 2010-2011 and he stores his in the garage and says it he has not even touched the windshield wipers. He not only does not drive it in any thing that is not sunny, he barely drives it period.

Why?
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #124
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthshaker6 View Post
Why do so many people get so easily butt hurt on here? I am quite sure the OP is not taking about your 274' of snow that you have to use a helo to get out of the drive way...OP is talking about the..."I have 281 miles on my 2010 Camaro. It has not even seen rain as my garage does not have a window and I will not open the door unless the weather person has rain a minimum 6 days out. If the wind is more than 2 knots, I do not bring the Camaro out of the garage...I have bird poo catchers mounted at every angle as to keep the Camaro as clean as the day I got it."

Hate to bring it up, but the cars that "Have never seen rain" really have...Chevrolet did not keep the car inside the factory and teleport it to the dealer showroom.

For all the ones that got butt hurt because you have snow...OP was not talking to you...for all the ones that got butt hurt because the OP asked a question in an open forum wondering if your thought process was the appreciation value of a Camaro, you will live.

This site use to be such a great place to gain knowledge and view wonderful cars. It was an online place to see the pride people took in their cars and what all you can do to a Camaro. Now is has become a bunch of whinny kids that post a "search button" emotion instead of helping someone out, or "Because I can you "blank, blank, beep, beep, idiot that has not lived in my shoes!" Why? What has happened over the last few years that brings this site to this?

Good question OP and a handfull of people see where you are going with it. I too drive my Camaro as she has over 27k miles on her...I have had her for 2 years, 9 days as of this post...and I was deployed for 6+ months of that. I have a garage, but I choose to use my garage as a workout room and man cave with TV and seating. My Camaro sits in the weather, and when she is dirty, I wash her.

So, some of you are going to make post about me being butt hurt and saying that about others...yep, I am butt hurt that so many people check post ONLY to bash someone for asking a question. I am butt hurt that a site that was set up to help bring people together has made new joins scared to ask questions. I am butt hurt that some of you will spell check and grammar check my post to see if there is something to bash. I wish there was someway to bring back Camaro5.com! I wish we could help someone or answer a question if someone ask. OK...leaving soapbox!
Amen. And the same people with less than 1k miles on their 2010 SS bashes on anyone that got a v6 instead of the SS.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #125
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
How about a flipping the question to see if it fits.

Why have a Camaro as a DD when there are less expensive and more common cars being kept as garage queens.

It is really about personal choice and the value someone places on something.

If a person has waited numerous years and spent countless hours financially planning the purchase they will see it differently than someone who can walk up and pay cash on the spot.

Pretty similar to fairly common situations with young drivers. Some are handed a new car and destroy it because they do not value it and others get the beater farm truck and spend countless hours fixing it up on their own to be a better vehicle.

I garage mine in the winter because I can but when summer comes I get full use of the power and handling without much babying considered and the roads can handle it.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:53 PM   #126
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Everyone does what ever they want , I drive mine , and if it rusts out which it wont , but lets just say it does , Then I am more than happy to know somewhere I can find a 2010 Camaro with 6000 miles on it with a increased value of maybe a thousand bucks or so , and buy it and drive the piss out of that one also .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote