Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #29
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
Whatever you do, avoid the local stealership. From pricing over MSRP for 2nd year and later production cars to outright lying about damage done to vehicles being sold as both new and used, you are better off going to one of the rural Edmonton or Calgary dealerships.

- SK
Ahh! Absolutely!
I'm avoiding ANYTHING local!
lol

Bought my last vehicle in Edmonton after a not-great ordeal with a dealership here.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #30
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
ya bluch ive been chatting with u for a while now lol, mine should be here by july. hopefully....
Old 05-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #31
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Anyone get their car yet???? Mine was 3800 may11, I should have it for the end of may. :-)
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #32
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
nope. ive been told mid-july for delivery....

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #33
CamChick

Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
ah crap! i can probably rule out seeing mine before winter then at this rate.
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Ive already accepted the fact that it'll be spring next year. (march/april)
As long as I get it before my April 9th birthday.
All is good!
J

Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #35
CamChick

Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
oh it's good alright! I was just rather hoping i wouldn't have to extend my lease on my Charger which ends in July...guess i'm driving it for a bit longer....
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #36
bumblebee rules

Drives: 2010 BumbleBee ready to go now
Just talked to my dealer , no change still at 3800 and holding, so much for this month eh ??? This waiting thing s**ks :-)
bumblebee rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #37
dougcanuck

Drives: 2010 2SS Ralley Yellow, 6spd.
got my Vin today..........was told 3 weeks more for delivery....

bought a cancelled order from Calgary dealership April 9th.. Ralley Yellow 2SS/RS 6spd
dougcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #38
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougcanuck View Post
got my Vin today..........was told 3 weeks more for delivery....

bought a cancelled order from Calgary dealership April 9th.. Ralley Yellow 2SS/RS 6spd
now how the hell did u find this deal anyways? u live in edmonton but have some sweet calgary connections? good stuff man.. keep us informed
Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #39
dougcanuck

Drives: 2010 2SS Ralley Yellow, 6spd.
you will be amazed what 20 or 30 phone calls can get you....i called every dealership in Alberta once i found out how long a new order would take. some guy's just laughed at me but i managed to find 3 ss cars that were not sold and about 5 or 6 LT cars... luck was on my side, the last dealer i called in Calgary had a yellow 2SS with all the goodies. Been reading on this website for a long time so thought i would add my story..good luck to all in Edmonton...cars will be here soon..
dougcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #40
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Right on Doug! Congrats man.
I went on a hunt for the Silver SS/RS LS3 but no luck.

So I ordered from Jack Carter's in Calgary.
Now it's just the waiting game!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #41
Ross

Drives: 2008 Avalanche
I think most people sign on here to get info on their car, not their smoking habits. Anyone know of a chat room here for adults that follow instructions? Please let me know. Meanwhile, this is the room with the most applicable title for my concerns, and I know of no other place to direct them, so I'm hoping for some words of wisdom.

I ordered a black 2SS/RS from Nicholson Chev in Edmonton on March 24/09. I gave a 5g deposit on the spot and the waiting has been killing me ever since. Especially since I put the 5g's on my credit card! I've received no updates or info on my car since then. I've called a couple of times over the last 2.5 months, and the best they can tell me is "you should have it before the end of summer." But from what I've seen in other chat rooms, people that ordered 2 months after I did are being told the same thing. A buddy technically ordered his in November of 2006 from Red Deer Motors and he has no info either. Pike Wheaton in Red Deer said they would have showroom models at the end of May. I went to see last week, and they said "maybe in a few more days." My dealer didn't even know what event codes were until I sent them a paste of what I've been seeing posted here. I've seen posts from people that ordered right around the same time as I did, and they've been getting TPW's. But Nicholson says it doesn't mean we'll get our cars anywhere around the same time. I've honestly read every peice of info I could get my hands on since making my decision, and I still don't understand how anyone is getting their status updates, VIN numbers, etc.

Is my dealer being honest with me? Why have the yanks have been getting their cars since mid-April while the car is a fairy tale around here? I mean, I cant even find one of those so-called "show room V6's, not for sale" to sit in. How can I get these event code updates on my car? In spite of my purchase date, will my price be reflective of what the Canadian dollar is worth?

Yours truly,

Frustrated
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #42
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
That sucks that Nicholson Chev isn't updated you. I ordered from them as well. I have emailed Tomas (the new car sales manager) and got status updates and a TPW. I ordered on March 4th. I have a TPW of June 15 (hoping for a VIN next week and hopefully delivery early July. Nicholson had their 1st V6 maybe like 3-4 weeks ago. It was a IOM 2LT RS. The sales manager called me to tell me that they had one in. I got to sit in it for as long as I wanted. Didn't get to drive it though :( They sold it a few days later. Who do you talk to when you call for information? The reason I ask is that my salesperson (Tammy) doesn't really know much about the car or the ordering process. If you want real information you need to talk to Tomas (the sales manager). He can look up your order on the computer and see the status code and any other information. If you want I can send you a private message with his email address. If you have any other questions about Nicholson let me know, I will do my best to answer them.

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote