Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

View Poll Results: When and Where???
October 1 6 26.09%
October 8 5 21.74%
October 15 4 17.39%
October 22 14 60.87%
October 29 3 13.04%
Hocking Hills 9 39.13%
Winery Tour 3 13.04%
Murphin Ridge 3 13.04%
Dinner and cruise around Wilmington, OH 6 26.09%
other 3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #421
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
My daughter came home from school last night. Going to stay home and spend some time with her.

Was looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time too.:(
It happens... you did miss a great time and great route. Family first tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Thanks to everyone for helping make today a great day. The whole family said they had a good time. They enjoyed this so much more than a standard cruise in. I still can't get over how fast that semi must have been going. I was nearing redline in 3rd to get around him with JD gaining fast. Next year maybe add a bathroom stop or two so Drew isn't peeing on the side of the road. . Thanks again everyone. Jamie
Thank you all so much for making the trip over. I know that takes a lot with two cars, three kids and so many miles. It meant a lot to Kris and I that you were all able to make the trip. I hope Mary and the kids enjoyed it as much as you. I just kept thinking that I was so glad that Mary decided to bring the Sky too. I was thinking how bummed you'd be to have to follow 16 or so speeding Camaros in the Tahoe! Tell Chris he should have come and he didn't need a personal invite!

I agree these kinds of events are much more fun than a typical cruise in as there is more too it and you actually get to talk about and drive the cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I enjoyed today. I hope all the others did. Kristen seemed to enjoy the surprise.

What will the next cruise be?.....
Doug, words cannot express how thankful we are for the work you and everyone put into this. She was SHOCKED. She had no idea anything like this was going on. She had a great time on the cruise itself but the shower was absolutly amazing. Thanks so much for eveything you put into it!!!

Next cruise.... not sure if we can sneak in anything else this year. We have some busy weekends coming up with finishing the nursery and watching the Bengals SMACK DOWN the Steelers on the 13th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Great day. It was really good to see you all. Sorry I had to leave early. I hope the suprise at DD went well.
It went great, sorry you couldn't stick around. Thanks so much for the gift!! Hope you are feeling better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
Line up of Camaros Cruising Ohio!
Great pics and as always it was nice seeing you two. Thanks you so much for making it over and for the gift and the advise. I always like talkig to folks who have been though children growing up. It does scare me a little but also prepares me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddnnone View Post
It was our pleasure to have everyone cruise our back yard.
Dinner was great, and the shower was perfect.

I'm ready for the next one.
Chris... You did a spectacular job! The roads were perfect and the stops were well chosen. I think I speak for most people when I say thank you and you did a great job! Thanks so much for everything... the time ou devoted to the route and wonderful shower gifts. Everything was very appriciated. And it was nice to not be the ring leader for once... it does change the perspective when youre in the back instead of the front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I really enjoyed seeing everyone again today and meeting a few new friends in person. Wwddnnone a special thanks goes out to you and your family for all the work you guys did to make today another great day for our group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
It was awesome to meet you all! For the record, I gave Jason a noogie and therefore I won the showdown after dinner.

I got some photos, as did Pat so i'll upload some tomorrow.

Thanks wwd for planning... it was a blast!
Looking forward to seeing the pics he took. It was nice to actually meet you this time since you were so anti-social at the first mod day... typical Mustang owner I suppose...

Really glad you made it and all the sorry excuse for a nuggie did was add fuel to the fire! You just wait!

Thanks so much for everything and we hope you two hang around with us at future events! I need another smart ass there to try to hang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmat View Post
Thanks we'd for the planning! Great job! Good to see those I know again and the new folks I met. I'm working on a plan for a Cleveland cruise next spring I'm thinking.
Glad you made it down. Hook something up next year by the lake! Thanks for everything!

What was your impression on the shifters Hurst or MGW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Awesome cruise day. Thanks to those that made it happen (and thanks for those with HPS brakes). Sorry we missed dinner and shower, bet it was fun. Hope to see some more pics.
Sorry you had to leave too :(. It was a good time. I am glad you were on game too! I came around and saw you stopped and just kept hoping Ben could stop before crashing me into you. I know there had to be a frogs hair between your bumper and mine!

I think Drew gets the soiled undies award but my butt puckered a bit there! It was like 80-0 NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Jackie and I had a great time! Always fun to meet new Camaro friends, too. This is definitely our best cruise ever - no crowds, plenty of parking (mostly), and plenty of opportunities for "spirited driving" . I posted a few pics on my Facebook page if anyone wants to check 'em out. It should be accessible to those without a Facebook account. PM me if not, and I'll post them here.

Thanks to wwddnnone for organizing the cruise, and to heinzd01 for instigating the shower. It was great to see how surprised Kristen was! I forgot to put in my $$ for the pool - I'll catch up with you sometime before the deadline.
I agree... the oportunity for spirited driving was great!!! Thanks for everything and so glad you made it!!!

.................................................. .

I know there are a lot of opther people that had a hand in this and I thank you all for everything. Kristen was so shocked and amazed that you all even thought of her! She had to call her mom as soon as she got in the car and tell her about all the wonderful and thoughtful stuff she got!!!

I tried to touch on the folks who checked in so far but I know there are more...

Lisa... the Camaro blanket you made is awesome! Thanks so much for time and thought you put into it! It is perfect!

Brooks and Jess... I love the "Camaro Haus" shirt! PERFECT and very creative. Jess... the book is excellent too, Kristen is very pro reading and the baby already has a few books. This on is a perfect addition. I am sorry I didn't get to talk to you too much but there was a lot going one! Next time you come around we will catch up a little!

Justin and Courtni... Sorry we were late but like I said paybacks . We are so glad you made it and thanks for everything. If we dont see you sooner, November 13, Lot D! JD already said we MUST go there or else you said he'd be dead to you!!!

Nate... Always nice seeing you! Thanks for everything and for making the trip down! Hope to see you again soo!

I think that is everyone.... Thanks again so much for everything. I hope to some if not all of you at the Christmas get together...

Who's planning that?

Last edited by IROCanSS; 10-23-2011 at 10:55 AM.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #422
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Jason, i'm leaning towards the MGW! It felt faster, but probably just a matter of that silver car being slow!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #423
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I agree, it is slow and the MGW does feel faster and easier! Like I said, if I did it again, I'd get MGW. It's a better product as it replaces more crap stock parts!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #424
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I wish someone had the rouge bat on video when Justin flicked it in the junk and it attacked JD.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #425
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Jason,
Who said my car sounded tame? I must admit, I was a tad offended. But, I got over it quickly.

Been shopping for a new exhaust all morning... (j/k)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #426
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Jason,
Who said my car sounded tame? I must admit, I was a tad offended. But, I got over it quickly.

It was Nate and he was not being serious... we talked after you openned the cut outs. He meant it just wasnt as crazy loud like some. Not a bad thing at all.

I liked all the turns and stuff yesterday. Its amazing at how one car can have so many different sounds depending on mods. No two cars sounded alike yesterday!

I must compliment Janette... her car sounds awesome!!! She was really jumping on it quite a bit and it sounded GREAT!

I am still screwing around with these damn videos...
Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #427
Darth_Emma

I should have known it was Nate.
Thanks for the opportunity to open my cutouts.

I also noticed all the cars sounded different from each other. They made a nice harmony going down the highway. Next time, we need to get someone to stand along the side of the road and take a video while we all do a flyby. That would be fun.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #428
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

We do! I am getting one of those GoPros so we will have video of all the stuff we do. It came out so good and hooks right up to my TV!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #429
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
We do! I am getting one of those GoPros so we will have video of all the stuff we do. It came out so good and hooks right up to my TV!
I got a GoPro HD for my birthday. I should have brought it yesterday.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #430
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
I should have known it was Nate.
Thanks for the opportunity to open my cutouts.

I also noticed all the cars sounded different from each other. They made a nice harmony going down the highway. Next time, we need to get someone to stand along the side of the road and take a video while we all do a flyby. That would be fun.
I agree! Brooks and I thought of this, but didnt know how to do it since we'd have to plan something like that.

Flowmaster Exhaust, Magnaflow Stainless Tips, Black Out tail lights, bowties, reverse lights & side panel lights, Window tint, RS spoiler
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #431
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
I agree! Brooks and I thought of this, but didnt know how to do it since we'd have to plan something like that.
Easy, next time we have a big group, before we leave, find out which way we are going, leave a few minutes before and head up there first!

When we all come by, you can be recording then fall in behind to the next spot!

I saw one guy who did that for the trip to C5Fest in AZ. He got on top of an over pass and filmed everyone going by below. Looked cool!!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #432
Jaylin
Christian Lady Gearhead

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro LS
Yeah, but we didn't plan that far in advance. Next time we will do it for sure. Hearing all the different sounds that each car has as they drive past would be epic!

Flowmaster Exhaust, Magnaflow Stainless Tips, Black Out tail lights, bowties, reverse lights & side panel lights, Window tint, RS spoiler
Jaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #433
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Looking forward to seeing the pics he took. It was nice to actually meet you this time since you were so anti-social at the first mod day... typical Mustang owner I suppose...

Really glad you made it and all the sorry excuse for a nuggie did was add fuel to the fire! You just wait!

Thanks so much for everything and we hope you two hang around with us at future events! I need another smart ass there to try to hang...

Haha. I wasn't antisocial-- I just knew nothing about Camaros back then!

Bring it on! Drew (Bob George Don Carl... whatever his real name is) said he would officiate. Pat will photograph your demise... er... the wrasslin'.

We definitely will. He's busy shooting Bearcats/Bengals and other sports teams a lot of weekends, but I'll be there at future events for sure!

Also-- some of us at the other end of the dinner table were talking about the Steelers/Bengals game. I'll be there with a few people in section 151 and am down to tailgate beforehand.

I'll be wearing my special anti-Steelers tshirt for our resident Steelers fan in the group
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #434
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Jason,

I don't know who would say that in all seriousness! Your car sounds NASTY! I was drooling.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote