Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
HokieHi21

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
First Time Camaro Owner! Needing Exahust Help

Hey guys, first timer here, and couldn't be more excited. I had been viewing this page for months deciding on what I wanted to get, and all of that saving my money finally paid off with a 2013 2LT RS Convertible Camaro- Inferno Orange w/ Black Rally Stripes. My question is, and yes I have viewed some of the current threads, is what the best option to the exhaust is? I have debated between Catback and Axleback, but I don't know which I really want or need. I figured I would ask some of you with more knowledge out there, to see if you have an opinion. Currently the one I'm looking at Catback style is the Corsa (they're one of the only ones I've found that fit the vert) and Axleback there are quite a few options. I know the Catback is a little pricey, but that isn't a concern for me. I just want what sounds the best (deeper growl, NOT RICER) and will not compromise the cars overall maintenance. Ideas?
HokieHi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
First of all congrats on the new Camaro. I have a 2011 same model and color. I have a Solo cat back and I love it. Here is a link with a sound clip in it. The IOM convertible is my car. Listen to the video with headphones for the best sound. I have about 5000 miles on this exhaust now and it sounds better every day.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...v6+convertible
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
+1 on the solo cat back. Great sound that keeps getting better. Best of all, no drone. Great folks to deal with as well
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHi21 View Post
Hey guys, first timer here, and couldn't be more excited. I had been viewing this page for months deciding on what I wanted to get, and all of that saving my money finally paid off with a 2013 2LT RS Convertible Camaro- Inferno Orange w/ Black Rally Stripes. My question is, and yes I have viewed some of the current threads, is what the best option to the exhaust is? I have debated between Catback and Axleback, but I don't know which I really want or need. I figured I would ask some of you with more knowledge out there, to see if you have an opinion. Currently the one I'm looking at Catback style is the Corsa (they're one of the only ones I've found that fit the vert) and Axleback there are quite a few options. I know the Catback is a little pricey, but that isn't a concern for me. I just want what sounds the best (deeper growl, NOT RICER) and will not compromise the cars overall maintenance. Ideas?
Get the MRT 2. I had them on my 2LT and they sounded awesome. Axleback and relatively inexpensive.
You'll get lots of positive comments here from the MRT army...
Oh yeah, go Hokies!
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
Get the MRT 2. I had them on my 2LT and they sounded awesome. Axleback and relatively inexpensive.
You'll get lots of positive comments here from the MRT army...
Oh yeah, go Hokies!
mmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Corsa cat back. No drone, no rasp, fantastic look, fit, and finish.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
HokieHi21

First, thanks for all the posts! I've noticed this forum is a pretty friendly about most questions, so for that I applaud. I had heard of the SOLO brand, and was intrigued by it, but I'm feeling like it and the Corsa just don't have that tone I'm looking for. Granted this is all by computer, so it's hard to judge. I'm not necessarily needing the benefits of the Catback systems, so Axelback may be the way to go. I had looked into the SLP Loudmouth I & II, and liked them, but after listening to the MRT v1 and 2 I think I may be leaning that way. It seems to have a deeper sound, (drone may be an issue, but never bothered me on my subaru) but I just hope it doesn't sound ricey in person. I'm going to keep looking around, and will hopefully decide by tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Find a local Camaro club and find where/when they meet so you can listen in person
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
Kicknyoace

Drives: 2013 Black 2LT/RS
I just got the 2013 2LT/RS Black with Matte Black rally stripes and went with the SLP Loudmouth 2 and its awesome. I also added the K & N intake to add to it.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348710470.083889.jpg
Views: 11391
Size:  60.1 KB
Mods so far:SLP Loudmouth 2 Exhaust, K & N Typhoon CAI, Matte Black Rally Stripes, Tinted Windows, Tinted Tail Lights/ Reflectors, Colored Bowties on Front/ Back/ Wheels, Blue interior dome LED Lights/ Footwell Lights.
Kicknyoace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #10
HokieHi21

When it came down to it, sound for cheaper was more my preference than performance and sound for double, so what I decided to go with was the MRTv2 with a resonator delete. I put the order in today, so hopefully it'll be in soon and I can post a vid! Thanks for the input!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Quote:
When it came down to it, sound for cheaper was more my preference than performance and sound for double, so what I decided to go with was the MRTv2 with a resonator delete. I put the order in today, so hopefully it'll be in soon and I can post a vid! Thanks for the input!

Good choice! Just beware that the res delete will make it about 30% louder. You might want to put the exhaust on first, drive around for a few weeks, and if you want it louder, go get the res delete. Just so you don't get it all done at once and be like o crap this is way too loud. Will save you some money :P.
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
HokieHi21

Yeah I was thinking about that, Here is the vid that won me over when deciding. He has the MRTv2 (Resonators deleted), CAI (Which I will be getting as well), and the only other difference is JBA shorty headers. Now I wonder if he is getting the deeper sound because of the headers, but from what I've seen, the before and after aren't that different IMO. Plus going into headers, you really start playing with that line between popping up codes and such which is NOT want I want.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:

Yeah I was thinking about that, Here is the vid that won me over when deciding. He has the MRTv2 (Resonators deleted), CAI (Which I will be getting as well), and the only other difference is JBA shorty headers. Now I wonder if he is getting the deeper sound because of the headers, but from what I've seen, the before and after aren't that different IMO. Plus going into headers, you really start playing with that line between popping up codes and such which is NOT want I want.
Just because I am anal and it would drive me nuts, it looks like one pipe is significantly high then the other. You should correct that ASAP!

Oh and welcome to the MRT Army
Old 09-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #14
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Deff go with the MRT 2.0 I put them on mine and they have the deepest sound out there and they get even better with the more miles you put on them.

Congrats on the new ride!!
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote