Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Audio Advice

Ok so i have been contemplating on what to do. I have a base model so i don't have the sub on my dash so i was thinking, would it be better to replace the rear and door speakers or get the ******** stealth box and slap a 10" sub? also i already have a amp so i would just need wiring but i would take it to a audio store for installation. also is there any wire harness i would need if i went with the ******** direction? If i change the stock speakers only will they work well with the factory amp and radio?
Thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Bump!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Bump....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #4
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
Ok so i have been contemplating on what to do. I have a base model so i don't have the sub on my dash so i was thinking, would it be better to replace the rear and door speakers or get the ******** stealth box and slap a 10" sub? also i already have a amp so i would just need wiring but i would take it to a audio store for installation. also is there any wire harness i would need if i went with the ******** direction? If i change the stock speakers only will they work well with the factory amp and radio?
Thanks
You have not gotten any replies due to your first line confused a lot of people, but I will try to help where I can.
1) No Camaro has a sub on the dash...that is a 3.5" full range that most unhook to make the system sound better.
2) A 10" sub in a box will always give better quality sound than just changing the door and rear speakers.
3) You will still need to change the door and rear speakers to get quality sound as even the upgraded system sucks.
4) You should contact ******** directly regarding a wiring harness...the one I got from them was for the Boston setup and I am not sure they make one for the base system. That should not matter as I am sure the shop you take it to for install will be able to wire is up with or without a pre-purchased harness.
5) I would look into an amp for the replacement speakers. Yes, you will get sound out of them, no you will not get great sound out of them off the radio.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Thank you sir
Old 01-19-2014, 03:34 AM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
If you take it to a shop, you won't need any wiring or adapters, they will have everything that they need.

If you do it yourself, then yes, you will need the wiring harness (for a BA system) or a LOC (for a non BA system).

And yes, you will NEED an amp for aftermarket speakers. The stock amp works "OK" with the stock speakers, but isn't near powerful enough for aftermarket speakers.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #7
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
If you take it to a shop, you won't need any wiring or adapters, they will have everything that they need.

If you do it yourself, then yes, you will need the wiring harness (for a BA system) or a LOC (for a non BA system).

And yes, you will NEED an amp for aftermarket speakers. The stock amp works "OK" with the stock speakers, but isn't near powerful enough for aftermarket speakers.
Good to know. i have a amp already from my last car so ill just bring that to the shop when it comes time for install.