Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #1681
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br5Johnson View Post
How about a photo to help me with motivation!
Photo of what?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #1682
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
So it's like an Inzer erector (haha) shirt. He could benefit some during lifting with this shirt on.

Yeah, they do say to use it while working out, but it's also all day wear. We went out last nite and he wore it under his dress shirt. He looked really good, for an Ol Fart that is......LOL
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #1683
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Full yet?

Funny I thought about you yesterday...was looking for meets for you in your backyard. Still nothing but NASA ones.
Ya, it's going to have to be meets that will meet my requirements lol. I'm definitely interested. I'm still hard at it.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #1684
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Ya, it's going to have to be meets that will meet my requirements lol. I'm definitely interested. I'm still hard at it.
Sounds good. Keep plugging along and when I find something I'll let you know!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 09-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #1685
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Let you know how it fits. Since he lifts alone, he has two metal sawhorses set at chest height while on the bench. So he can drop the bar, touch his chest, and just as it touches him it rests on the stands. That's incase he ever can't finish the lift, he can still slide out from underneath the bar. It has happened in the past, and if he didn't have those stands he woulda been in real trouble.

I did the measurement according to their posted table and I ordered over the phone, so the person I spoke with said it was correct. But we'll see when it comes in.

Quote:
Understood....that's actually a great idea.

Here's a pic of his sawhorses. You can see the bench has a safety hook at about the same height, but he thinks if he got in trouble, since he's by himself, if he pulled the bar in and missed the hook the bar would be way too close to his neck and it could be all over. So the sawhorse gives him over a foot and a half of area, forward or backwards, to drop the bar. He just fits under it, it just slightly touches his chest, so he could easily slide out if got out of control.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411413733.146257.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  265.7 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411413750.249581.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  269.2 KB
Old 09-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #1686
Normagene

Oh, forgot to mention that he can adjust the sawhorses. He use to use them when he was doing heavy squats, he doesn't do them heavy anymore, stays in the 200s, but he could set them just below parallel, just incase. No injuries and he's been working out alone now for 30+ yrs.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #1687
Normagene

Well hubby's Inzer Bench Shirt came in yesterday, and today I'm returning it. He just couldn't get into it, and he said if he'll need my help everytime that just won't work. So I'm returning it and I'm going to order him any other, in black this time, Intelliskin Posture Shirt. So this way he can wear one for everyday wear and he can use one while lifting. Just for lifting, not cardio or stretching and flexing.

Oh well, like they say it's the thought that counts. At least he gave it a try. He really likes those posture shirts so if he's happy I'm happy!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #1688
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Well hubby's Inzer Bench Shirt came in yesterday, and today I'm returning it. He just couldn't get into it, and he said if he'll need my help everytime that just won't work. So I'm returning it and I'm going to order him any other, in black this time, Intelliskin Posture Shirt. So this way he can wear one for everyday wear and he can use one while lifting. Just for lifting, not cardio or stretching and flexing.

Oh well, like they say it's the thought that counts. At least he gave it a try. He really likes those posture shirts so if he's happy I'm happy!
He can get into it, provided it's the correct size, if you will cut the back.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #1689
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
New pr 445lbs at 138 body weight:

Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #1690
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Excited for you! What weight class are you going to lift in? 132 or 148? Sanctioned meet?

Looking at what you wrote above is 115 your max on a military press and is it done seated or a strict/standing?
115 isn't my max that's where I do amrap...wasnt going to do my 1rm for press..about 135 is my max standing strict,no leg drive and I'll be competing in 148 raw classic
Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #1691
Normagene

Quote:
He can get into it, provided it's the correct size, if you will cut the back.

I hear ya, but it's just not for him. He's not comfortable being so tightly wrapped LOL. Plus he's not at level where a Bench Shirt is necessary. He uses his Slingshot one day a wk and he thinks that's plenty good. We'll see how he likes working out in his new Posture Shirt.

He's an Old Fart with a goal of just trying to stay in pretty good shape. So far so good! All he really needs now is a Young Thang to wear him out! Hahaha
Old 09-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #1692
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
New pr 445lbs at 138 body weight:

That's awesome! Congrats.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #1693
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:

I thought you were mostly buying it for injury prevention and not necessarily to increase his bench. There are people that lift far less than he does that use them.

It's probably too late but I wanted to post a picture of my shirt in case you didn't understand what I was saying about the back.

Front:

Back:

See when it is open like this the lifter can put it on by his/herself.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 09-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #1694
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
115 isn't my max that's where I do amrap...wasnt going to do my 1rm for press..about 135 is my max standing strict,no leg drive and I'll be competing in 148 raw classic
Makes more sense. I was just doing the %'s and if that would have been your max I would have said your shoulders were holding your bench back.

That's awesome! Hope you kick ass. Sucks you are kind of at an in between weight but doesn't take much to drop 6lbs if you wanted to lift in the 132lb class.

Is it an APF/AAPF meet?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody