Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #295
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Yes, and my cardio is Walking from the Car to Gym, and from Gym to Car. And I park as close as I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
sounds like my cardio
You 2 don't count! Already have greatness! when I get my stomach flat cardio will be replace with resting...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #296
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
You 2 don't count! Already have greatness! when I get my stomach flat cardio will be replace with resting...
my cardio will pick up when it gets warmer. My main goal over the winter was to put on as much mass as I could, which went really well. When the cardio does pick up it will not be over done tho.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #297
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
The amount of rest time can vary from person to person, all depending on their workout intensity, and many other things.

Here is a link that will help explain http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/behar2.htm
Awesome information D!
Now since pretty much the key of success is in what you eat, D & hrpiii: you guys keep a steady diet? Did you guys cheat? (Fast food, beer, candy...) I don't think you have belly problems but without cardio how you keep that nice core?
Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #298
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Lately I have been slightly cheating in my diet, usually just 1 meal out of the 5 a couple times a week (I know I know not good)
Old 02-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #299
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I haven't been in here for a while. Since starting Atkins on the 1st of January, I've gone from a hearty 183# down to 165.5# according to my scale today. Consider that I'm 5'8" before you point out how light that is! While eating a low-carb diet, I also maintained a strict dumbbell-only weightlifting regimen every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The workouts are 2 whole body supersets of 3 exercises and include a 1.5-mile run and push-ups (have to keep working on that PRT). I would recommend a similar program to any beginner to weightlifting.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #300
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Lately I have been slightly cheating in my diet, usually just 1 meal out of the 5 a couple times a week (I know I know not good)
common Kevin! need to keep it strong! Get your goals first then you can give yourself a little reward, but I'm 100% sure after you see how nice you look, you will not go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I haven't been in here for a while. Since starting Atkins on the 1st of January, I've gone from a hearty 183# down to 165.5# according to my scale today. Consider that I'm 5'8" before you point out how light that is! While eating a low-carb diet, I also maintained a strict dumbbell-only weightlifting regimen every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The workouts are 2 whole body supersets of 3 exercises and include a 1.5-mile run and push-ups (have to keep working on that PRT). I would recommend a similar program to any beginner to weightlifting.
18 pounds in less than 2 months!!! now that's an achievement! I have to check that program... great job! but... Where's the photos?

Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #301
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
165.5, that's light!! I am 5'6" and currently weigh 216, working on getting down to 175-180. I'm mostly teasing too. Great job!!!

I pulled the trigger on a spin bike for my next phase of workouts. I ordered up a "scratch and dent" Costco return of a Diamondback Fitness 510ic. Found it on eBay for about $250 less than new. Should be here when I get back from Vegas.

Oh yeah, heading to Vegas this weekend to ruin my diet. Hopefully the massive amounts of walking will help to offset the Hash House A-Go-Go I plan on eating.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #302
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Awesome information D!
Now since pretty much the key of success is in what you eat, D & hrpiii: you guys keep a steady diet? Did you guys cheat? (Fast food, beer, candy...) I don't think you have belly problems but without cardio how you keep that nice core?
Hell yes I cheat. I am here to enjoy life and all it has to offer. But I don't indulge. I have some chocolate every now and then, a beer or two on the weekend or some wine. In my training right now, I am pushing some super heavy weights and pushing my body very very hard, these few extra calories is nothing to my body. If I was looking to lean out more, I would be more critical on my cheat days, or what I cheat with. Will one or two beers really hurt your diet if you are working out 4-5 days a week and doing cardio.. NOPE. Will it hurt if you are having one or two beers a night...hell yes.

Right now, I'm pulling 565-585 lbs deadlifting (for example). I can easily consume a box of mac & cheese with my meal and be hungry an hour later. My body will process that like a tall glass of Vitamin water (like nothing) right after a hard workout. If I did that on a lazy sunday watching Tv resting on the couch, I would be more round and lathargic.

Again, you have to be aware of how your body reacts, and how it processes nutrients. Be smart. Now you will not see me eating a bowl of ice cream or something very sweet right before bedtime. That is when I do a nice protein shake. I need to feed that body when it's resting. I really do not eat sweets, maybe every now and then, but I do not crave choc or sugars. I would rather have pineapple, an orange or apple.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #303
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
165.5, that's light!! I am 5'6" and currently weigh 216, working on getting down to 175-180. I'm mostly teasing too. Great job!!!

I pulled the trigger on a spin bike for my next phase of workouts. I ordered up a "scratch and dent" Costco return of a Diamondback Fitness 510ic. Found it on eBay for about $250 less than new. Should be here when I get back from Vegas.

Oh yeah, heading to Vegas this weekend to ruin my diet. Hopefully the massive amounts of walking will help to offset the Hash House A-Go-Go I plan on eating.
I'm 5'8 and the last time I weighed 165 was when i was playing soccer at college 6 years ago haha

When I was in vega at the beginning of Jan I ate whatever I wanted (mainly a lot of fat burger haha) and walked everywhere...walked from The Luxor to the stratosphere and back (i think that is like 7miles one way) and didn't gain or lose a single pound. My friend had a pedometer and in the 5 days we were there we walked 60 miles.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #304
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Right now I am training for a powerlifting event in April (weekend before camarofest).
What are your goals?

What Fed do you lift in?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #305
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
What's the current thoughts on rest days? I see only one there, is that enough to let your body recover? I'm out of the loop on that.
I prefer "active" rest and restoration. As you progress it gets harder to make "gains" of any type whether it be BF loss, improving lifts, etc....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #306
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Awesome information D!
I have my cheat meals on Sundays. As hrpiii put it, the key is not to over indulge. Be smart about it. I eat super clean throughout Monday-Saturday, and I eat every 2-3 hours. How I eat all depends on what I am trying to do bulking/cutting. At this point I am wanting to bulk so plain and simple I eat big and keep my calorie counts up. You have to eat big to get big, that's just a part of it.

Once again Hrpiii hit the nail on the head, everyone is different so your body will process nutrients differently.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #307
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

A lot of great information today! got all my notes my new routine ready! Just one more thing... "THE BEAUTY SLEEP" right now I'm getting around 6+hours, it's kind of hard go to sleep at 7pm or 8pm normally my body take after 9pm and since a get up at 4am to workout... but I like to get up at 3:30am to use an extra 1/2 hour, afternoon at the gym is a nightmare! To many people, plus I get off from work at 6pm (10 hours shift) so body building masters, how much sleep you guys get?
Old 02-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #308
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You wanted some pics, so I'll share when I'm actually done. I used to have a trainer in Chicago, and he administered a test to measure my actual fat content. We came to the conclusion that I can lose another 10# of fat. That was a couple years ago, but I expect to have gained muscle in that time. When I have a few more lines on my body, I'll let you see!

In any case, what I'll say about Atkins while working out is that you need to start the first week without a workout. At 20g carbs per day, you won't have the energy for it, and you'll be irritable. You should up the carbs to 25g/day and start light workouts. As your body adjusts, you'll be able to push harder. I'm currently averaging about 35g/day and drinking Michelob Ultra Amber (3g/beer). The diet is strict, but you should make some compromises early that you can accept, like eating peanuts for a snack and replacing bread with low-carb tortillas—very tasty when thrown on the grille and turned into a cracker. You might lose it a little slower than advertised, but it's consistent and survivable.

If I can do this diet with my candy and pasta addiction, so can you! I promise you've never met someone eat so much candy! I still want some, but I've got to wait till I can work it into a higher carb diet, and I'm not there yet. You can do this!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote