Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
Angelwings Tech Pony Car Track Day Series

Calling all Cali racers!

Who is joining us for the first two events of the Pony Car Series at Buttonwillow? They will be Sat. April 13 & Sun. April 14. Get a head start on your competition in the running for the $500 certificate from Firestone Complete Auto Care to be awarded to each division champion.

The cost for one day (with timing) is $150. For two days, it's just $270. We will be running with Speed Ventures, with a different configuration for each day.

Contact me at craig@angelwingstech.com for info on the Series, including the schedule, division definitions, perks and championship points explanation.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
i am here havent seen a blue vette convertible
Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
boltvette

Glad you joined us Blake! Looks like you beat my best time by 1.1 seconds on Sat. Wish I had supercharger power. Too bad you didn't stick around on Sunday. I would have kicked your tail on that tighter course.

I'll post the results to our website this weekend.

Will you be at Chuckwalla on 5/4? My 2nd favorite track, behind Spring Mountain.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
Glad you joined us Blake! Looks like you beat my best time by 1.1 seconds on Sat. Wish I had supercharger power. Too bad you didn't stick around on Sunday. I would have kicked your tail on that tighter course.

I'll post the results to our website this weekend.

Will you be at Chuckwalla on 5/4? My 2nd favorite track, behind Spring Mountain.
ya was great to meet you..meeting true car guys is always a treat. on may 4 and 5 i will be at fontana...another course my 450 hp excels at . With your suspension braking and weight advantage you would definately whoop me at chuckwalla.

I am sure if not for the brake fade and me only running two sessions i would have had that time lower. My car isnt supercharged so i dont get hit by heat soak...just my brakes which will be fully upgraded with replacing my old motul fluid, pads, and racing brake rotors. Still trying to find a permanent solution to get the brake ducts directly onto the rotor. i might have my lightweight 18x9.5 wheels and competition tires along with a roll bar and six point harness by then as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
boltvette

We're at ACS in Sept. Not one of my favorite courses - a bunch of straights connected by a few corners. Maybe I'll find a rich benefactor and have a supercharger installed by then.

I believe you have our schedule. Hope to see you at the track soon. There are 500 Firestone dollars out there for you. You just have to enter at least 4 more of our track days.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
boltvette

So who is joining us at Sonoma on the 23rd and/or 24th? How about Laguna Seca on the 25th? Kyle? Blake? Pyr0b0y?

SoCal racers at Streets of Willow on the 26th? Don? Rob? Trish?

I'll be at all 4 with Greg and Randy, breaking in the new RE-11s. Call me for the discount codes and hotel info.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Hey, is this a competition or a HPDE type event? I haven't taken my zl1 out yet, and am looking for a good event to stretch her legs.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
boltvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post
Hey, is this a competition or a HPDE type event? I haven't taken my zl1 out yet, and am looking for a good event to stretch her legs.
All of the events on our schedule are HPDEs/track days. But if you want to be in the running for the Series points championship, you'll need to rent a transponder to register your fastest lap time of the day. In either case, we're very low key, just out to have fun.

The Laguna Seca event on the 25th is a non-points event. We're just going for the pure joy of getting to run at speed at LS. The LS event is also the only one on our schedule where we have not negotiated a discounted registration fee. So even if you aren't interested in the championship, you'll save a bit by just being a part of our group.

Send me a PM if you want more info.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Signed. See ya at LS.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Rornls3

Drives: 2010 RJTC 2SS RS/SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltvette View Post
All of the events on our schedule are HPDEs/track days. But if you want to be in the running for the Series points championship, you'll need to rent a transponder to register your fastest lap time of the day. In either case, we're very low key, just out to have fun.

The Laguna Seca event on the 25th is a non-points event. We're just going for the pure joy of getting to run at speed at LS. The LS event is also the only one on our schedule where we have not negotiated a discounted registration fee. So even if you aren't interested in the championship, you'll save a bit by just being a part of our group.

Send me a PM if you want more info.
Hey, Kyle here!

How many people at Laguna Seca? Have you heard if they are going to cap it or will there be plenty of room on the track?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rornls3 View Post
Hey, Kyle here!

How many people at Laguna Seca? Have you heard if they are going to cap it or will there be plenty of room on the track?
track will fill up. there are only so many people they can take per group.

i am out for sonoma :( see you next time
Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
boltvette

Quote:
Hey, Kyle here!

Hey Kyle,

Looks like the Solo (passing on straights only w/point-by) is full for Sat., but still space in Point-by (passing anywhere w/point-by). I signed up for Solo because it's my first time at speed there, but plan on moving up to Point-by for the afternoon sessions.

Laguna Seca is a non-points event in the Angelwings Tech Pony Car Track Day Series. If you're looking to get points toward the Series, come up to Sonoma on Thurs. or Friday. Last time I checked there were only 5 (!!!) drivers signed up for Thurs. and 30 or so for Fri. Should be no problem running clean laps.

Craig
Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #13
Rornls3

Drives: 2010 RJTC 2SS RS/SS LS3
How much for Sonoma?

I have a lot going on, not sure if I'm going to make it to Sonoma or Laguna. I'm going to try and make it to one of the 3.... What prices do you have arranged for Sonoma?

My times finally go post for Buttonwillow. They stuck my times under Kyle B. for both days.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
boltvette

Quote:
I have a lot going on, not sure if I'm going to make it to Sonoma or Laguna. I'm going to try and make it to one of the 3.... What prices do you have arranged for Sonoma?
$20 discount for each day. Still not cheap, but with only 5 of us registered for Thurs. and 35-36 on Fri., well worth it.