Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #141
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs2011ss View Post
bill

whats the $30 fee cover?
Fee is to keep serious members. It will be used for an activity for the club. It could be a clambake ,steak roast, or BBQ. Even a Club banquet when we are bored with winter.

We have already had sucess with this. It's not to be exclusive , just more fun ,not having to beg people to support the group. Which you do when not working. Gettin that bankroll together?
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #142
CDCNY
Capital District Camaros

Drives: Camaros (All Years)
Membership is doing fine

Welcome to top 10 Charter members.
There 15 regular memberships available.
CDCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #143
Blacksheap

Drives: z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
Fee is to keep serious members. It will be used for an activity for the club. It could be a clambake ,steak roast, or BBQ. Even a Club banquet when we are bored with winter.

We have already had sucess with this. It's not to be exclusive , just more fun ,not having to beg people to support the group. Which you do when not working. Gettin that bankroll together?

Just how do the elitist decide who has to pay? I heard you have to be voted in by 6 existing members?

Sounds like a private club to me.
Blacksheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #144
jeffs2011ss

Drives: 2011ss rally yellow
im out of the club.the fee i can kinda understand but a limit on the number of members makes no sense at all.i dont think a car club should have rules like the 6 person vote.i will still see you guys at the local shows and best of luck with the club
jeffs2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #145
Blacksheap

Quote:
im out of the club.the fee i can kinda understand but a limit on the number of members makes no sense at all.i dont think a car club should have rules like the 6 person vote.i will still see you guys at the local shows and best of luck with the club
Maybe this can be cleared up?

Its not a club as much as it seems to be a monarchy.

Im sure being voted in is no problem but its too much just to be in a car club.

They want SERIOUS members who will spend 3-4 days a week at car shows.
Thats all i get out of it all.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #146
CDCNY
Capital District Camaros

Quote:
Thanks Jeff,
your type of input is what was lacking from "so-called members". To just say you belong to a club and not add substance is a waste of their time and the clubs. That's why the change. Kinda sad when you have 100 e-mail addresses and can't get more than 12 people to comment on what to do.
See you again.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #147
CDCNY
Capital District Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheap View Post
Maybe this can be cleared up?

Its not a club as much as it seems to be a monarchy.

Im sure being voted in is no problem but its too much just to be in a car club.

They want SERIOUS members who will spend 3-4 days a week at car shows.
Thats all i get out of it all.
To be a club there has to particpation from more than 10 members. So the non-supporters created the "Monarchy."
Again : if more than 10 people showed an interest it could've been less.

Not everyone is into every show there is. 3-4 days at shows, hell no. Most are too long as it is. If it wasn't for 50/50 alot of people wouldn't stay 'til the end. They can call you if you win something.
Cruise to Hunter Mtn. coming up,more activities to follow.
In August there's a BBQ/Picnic.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #148
Blacksheap

Quote:
Just how do the elitist decide who has to pay? I heard you have to be voted in by 6 existing members?

Sounds like a private club to me.
Who decides who must pay a fee and who votes you in?

What is a SERIOUS member? What is club participation?

Are there club VOTES on what to do or just who to let in?

So pay the membership fee and its ok to only do that one thing the fee goes towards?

I think it should be noted that the club is primarily a car show club.
The first post all about cdcny is very misleading.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #149
Blacksheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCNY View Post
To be a club there has to particpation from more than 10 members. So the non-supporters created the "Monarchy."
Again : if more than 10 people showed an interest it could've been less.
I dont get it, is this why CDCNY was created instead of upstatec5?

The fee is to purposely try and exclude people or make them quit, This is called being and a$$ hole. It goes against what you advertise as a club. Then to say you have already had success? That is hardly a welcoming sign to potential club members much less having to pay $30 just to be in a club. Why pay the 30 and not just go to the show's like jeff is doing?

Why would a group care if joe shmo only makes it once a month or even once every two months? Or is that being a serious member?
I thought it was to have fun make friends and all that other crap on the original post. It doesnt appear that way.

Last edited by Blacksheap; 07-06-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #150
CDCNY
Capital District Camaros

Quote:

The fee is to purposely try and exclude people or make them quit, This is called being and a$$ hole. It goes against what you advertise as a club. Then to say you have already had success? That is hardly a welcoming sign to potential club members much less having to pay $30 just to be in a club. Why pay the 30 and not just go to the show's like jeff is doing?

Why would a group care if joe shmo only makes it once a month or even once every two months? Or is that being a serious member?
I thought it was to have fun make friends and all that other crap on the original post. It doesnt appear that way.

Club participation is to actually be involved, as we said before. Post a comment, go to a show, come to a cruise, show some interest and make a suggestion on an event.
The point of the fee is to weed out people that do nothing. Check other clubs that have dues or limited membership. Is it too high ,maybe.
It also goes towards some kind of event the "membership" agrees on.

Actually we don't care if "Joe Schmo" only shows up once in a while, at least he's participating. And when we see him, we'll ask what his thoughts are about doing something as a group.

As far as Jeff goes, We know he's working hard to get his new ride. However we do see him when he's able to go somewhere and we talk about what's going on or what can we do? No problem. Serious member, YES. He supports us, just like he supports upstateC5. Got T-shirts from both clubs, no problem. BUT he does go to events and also speaks his mind.

Instead of calling people a$$holes, how about a idea that would be useful. Doesn't matter who you are, that's what forums are for.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #151
Blacksheap

This is not clearing anything up.
To say some clubs have membership limits and trying to compare it to a camaro club is retarded, and only hints more that you are indeed trying or think you should be exclusive.
The local CORVETTE club does NOT have a fee or limit!
What clubs are you talking about.
The camaro is a the poor mans corvette Born on a dragstrip the youthful soul of the auto industry ect ect, why would you even suggest or think about putting a membership limit on it?

What about voting people in?
The CDCNY website and the original post on here should be changed. Its misleading. Its apparently not for everyone only who you decide to let in?

So jeff is a serious member, do people like jeff still have to pay?
Do you see how it doesn't make sense to have the fee and lose a good member? Its counter productive to the goals you claim to have.
If you dont like the IDEA for losing the fee then dont ask for opinions or good idea's.

Why is it such a big deal to have members that are just members?
It makes more sense to leave it open and gain more members like jeff.
If people are not participating so what? Maybe they will someday.
I dont see how its helping anybody?

All the fee does is deter people from even checking it out, its proving to be a negative already. Even corvette clubs around the area (VIP) do not require a fee, and their website/group is way more organized.

Why blatantly state that the fee is to get rid of people? I think you fail to see how thats being exclusive, then saying you are not.
I dont know why this is so hard for you to understand?

Why do you boot people out for speaking their minds? Then say you want free speech? This is a blatant lie. Again very poor form from whoever is behind the SN.

Again, the fee is to make people quit you said it your self. Is that what you represent as a club?
If so i believe thats a poor attitude, and a suggestion would be AGAIN to change the attitude and the fee.

Again i dont know if you mis-read or just ignore it but the idea ( thats been posted numerous times so stop asking ) is to get rid of the fee and the poor demeanor and have a more welcoming response.

This is awful that the only camaro club in the area open to all years is run like this with a poor attitude is exclusive and is talking about a membership limit.
There are thousands of camaro enthusiast in the area and you only have 20"serious" members or so? I wonder why that would be

Here is another idea how bout some structure to the club, maybe you could look at the VIP corvette club for ideas.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #152
Blacksheap

Whats most ridiculous is you had some 8 people decide this out of 80 members?
A meeting on the 4th of july weekend?
Those are good ideas
Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #153
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:

Iam sorry but UpstateC5 is alive and well, with 119 members , CDCNY was founded by a former member If you have a question feel free to contact me Andy or Phantom.5ss he is the albany area representative

Last edited by 3CamarosOnHand; 07-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #154
427camaro

Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
When I first read the news of the recent changes in the CDCNY club I was surprised and shocked. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions so I opted to give it a few days so I could think about things and see what else I could learn of the changes before I made any decisions. Before I say more, I want to explain my current situation so the membership understands some of the driving forces behind my decision making process. In addition to working a full time job, I'm caring for 2 sick parents. One has Parkinson's, the other is dying from cancer and I really don't know how long she has left. I'm sure you can imagine, I have my hands full... When the camaro first came out I took an interest in it and wanted to buy one. In order for me to make this happen I needed to sell another car I have, and save enough for a down payment. Now I had a plan in place, and the only thing left was to learn all I could about the camaro and what better way to do this than to join a club and talk to some camaro owners. At that time, I joined the only club for the area I was in, UpstateC5. Shortly after, another club was created, CDCNY. I joined them also. CDCNY was interesting to me because I figured most of their events would be more local to me than a club that covered all of NY State. That doesn't mean I won't get involved in events for both clubs when I'm ready, but my first goal is to get the car I want with the options & mods I want. Once I have my camaro, then I would have something I am proud to show and talk about.

As I've watched the posts & events unfold over the past week, I've wondered about many things. I figure if I'm thinking these things, maybe others are also. I'll list them below in case anyone wants to answer or comment.
- Has the club set up a bank account to keep the dues in ?
- Has the club filed for Non-Profit Status (You might need this status for a bank account)?
- Will the club have officers like, Pres, VP, Secretary/Treasurer ?
- Does the club have any bylaws ?
- Other than the Prestige of saying "I'm a charter member" is there any advantage of being a charter member ?
- Why 10 charter members, and not some other number ?
- What determined if a member could become a charter member ? Was it attending the recent meeting ? (I would think any member that has been in the club from the beginning, such as myself, would be considered a charter member).
- What happens when the club reaches 25-30 members, will the club stop accepting new members ?
- Do regular members also vote in new members, or is this just a charter member thing ?
- If you end up with a problem member, will they be kicked out of the club and what is the process for this ?

I've been here from the beginning, and to see what's unfolding with the club does make me sad. I know not everyone will have the same expectations for the club, but I've watched the club grow from nothing to I think over 80 members. This growth at times resulted in recruiting members that may not be very interested in the club, and I might understand the need now to figure out who the non-interested members are, but the methods to achieve this also seems strange to me. Having an intended target (25 members) for the size of the group seems counter productive, all I can say is be careful what you wish for...

As for my past & future involvement with the club: I've met a few members, learned about some of the camaro mods, commented in posts when I felt I had something useful to contribute, but I'm really mostly a quiet member who hopes to become more active in the future when I have a camaro I'm proud of to show. I find it hard to pay a membership fee when I don't have my car yet and am not really ready to participate as much as I would like to, not to mention the health issues also holding me back from getting more involved. We'll have to see what that cutoff date of Aug 30th brings for the club. If I don't continue with the club in the future I do wish the members the best of luck. I might stop by on-line to see what's new, and when I'm at a show, I'll look for any friends I've already met to say hello... (Posted on Facebook & Camaro5.com)
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote