Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #253
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Actually, when the SST is done we want to get a video of both it and the boat going side by side at 200. Just have to find the right location to do it.
That would be awesome! 200 in a boat....my god, I get 60 and that seems enough. But I'd be calling shotgun for a ride at 200!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #254
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.White@PeddersUSA.com View Post
What do you think your son's first reaction will be on a hot lap! LOL Or better yet, what will your reaction be in the passenger seat with your son does his first hot lap?

The kid's reaction to hearing/feeling a full boost turbo whoosh for the first time => lol

thanks for using Pedders by the way!

That one is easy, you make great stuff.

mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That would be awesome! 200 in a boat....my god, I get 60 and that seems enough. But I'd be calling shotgun for a ride at 200!!!
Once you get past 50 on the water, it's all fast...I have hit the water at 70-80 mph waterskiing and it really hurts. Yes, there are scars...

Mike - Here is a pic from the fire suppression install on the Firebird and it's the same on the SST Camaro:

Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #255
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
That has to be one of the best builds going on right now. Alot of people could just add body parts etc. But the fabrication and skill level on this one is second to none. Like a said in a previous post. Take notes people.
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #256
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
Sir, you have the best Camaro SS that I have EVER seen
:flag2: :flag1: :seesaw: :party0038:
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #257
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
That has to be one of the best builds going on right now. Alot of people could just add body parts etc. But the fabrication and skill level on this one is second to none. Like a said in a previous post. Take notes people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6LS2_or_2010camaro_owner View Post
Sir, you have the best Camaro SS that I have EVER seen
Thank You for the vote of confidence guys. Things are progressing smoothly. The billet snout(s) for the intake have been CNC'c and the redo of the piping to change it from an air-to-air over to an air-to-water intercooler has been fabbed too.

Sorry I haven't posted much stuff lately, I have been on vacation most of July and after the first week or two kind of dropped off the radar. (OK, so I had to sneak on once every couple of days just to see what's happening ...)

One of the biggest things I am waiting for is a bullet proof differential. A few of the vendors on here have been promising one and I cannot even road test this car without one. Once a bulletproof diff is truly available, then it won't be long between the time that is installed and the time we start posting engine dyno and road test videos.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #258
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Do want a ride!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #259
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Thank You for the vote of confidence guys. Things are progressing smoothly. The billet snout(s) for the intake have been CNC'c and the redo of the piping to change it from an air-to-air over to an air-to-water intercooler has been fabbed too.

Sorry I haven't posted much stuff lately, I have been on vacation most of July and after the first week or two kind of dropped off the radar. (OK, so I had to sneak on once every couple of days just to see what's happening ...)

One of the biggest things I am waiting for is a bullet proof differential. A few of the vendors on here have been promising one and I cannot even road test this car without one. Once a bulletproof diff is truly available, then it won't be long between the time that is installed and the time we start posting engine dyno and road test videos.

I think I'm more excited about seeing/hearing your car on the dyno and on the road than I am about my Maggie install this month! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Right now this is my bucket list:

#1: get a ride is speedster's car!
#2: see #1
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #260
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsgls1 View Post
Do want a ride!
Yeah K, we can definitely do that one. When it gets back here, stop by the office and we can tear down US1... I can't wait to get to SpeedWorld and PBI/Moroso too. In the meantime, I gotta hit you up and go for a ride in your beast. Man, I'm Jones'n for a ride in a modded Camaro again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I think I'm more excited about seeing/hearing your car on the dyno and on the road than I am about my Maggie install this month! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Right now this is my bucket list:

#1: get a ride is speedster's car!
#2: see #1

T-

Thanks. But you KNOW we need video(s) of your machine. I can't wait to hear your blower whine and the sound through that exhaust combo. Should really wake the neighbors.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #261
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
super sweet dude
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #262
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
how long are you going to tease us...we want to see that beast together
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #263
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
how long are you going to tease us...we want to see that beast together

Sorry Mike. We had a couple of "tricks" we had to perform. In changing the intercooler setup from air-to-air to air-to-water, we needed more clearance between the radiator and the engine so we had to move the radiator cowl forward about 4 inches and keep it looking factory stock...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #264
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Sorry Mike. We had a couple of "tricks" we had to perform. In changing the intercooler setup from air-to-air to air-to-water, we needed more clearance between the radiator and the engine so we had to move the radiator cowl forward about 4 inches and keep it looking factory stock...
Umm... wow, lol! I can't even post what I'm thinking

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #265
speedster
SST...

Alright everyone, I need your input. One our great and illustrious moderators, Dragoneye (Thank You ), took a pic I had of a first gen setup similar to the SST and photoshopped it a few different ways. These are the last two and I am trying to see which combo of polish/ceramic coat/powder coat you think looks best (or any ideas you may have). Thanks for any feedback.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #266
sweaver

Drives: 10' CAMARO SS2 LIVERNOIS BUILT
Can you post the pics side by side? They look the same
L99 11.02 ET 125 TS
sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo