Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 03-09-2009, 03:49 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sad part? This happens all the time. I worked 4 days this week and think I took one HNR per day. VERY sad. I HATE people who don't own up. Sickens me.

You can follow the other car. A clerk might tell you to pull off. But, your chances of getting your vehicle covered by the other person skyrocket if you have that persons license plate and vehicle description. Now, Texas gives insurance info when you run the plate. Tis a good thing!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 AM   #30
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Sorry to hear about your car. I hope you can find a good body shop in your city that you trust. They may give you a break on getting it fixed.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #31
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
2k at the lowest.
Sadly, yes. I had about a quarter of that amount of damage done to the same spot on my old lt1 and it ended up costing the guy $2k. Its def. not gonna be cheap.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #32
Sabrina saysssss

Drives: 95 camaro <3 =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Sabrina do you have any other pictures of the full car? I just want to get a bigger picture of it.
i'll take one when i get home and post it as a comment :(
Sabrina saysssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #33
Sabrina saysssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
Sadly, yes. I had about a quarter of that amount of damage done to the same spot on my old lt1 and it ended up costing the guy $2k. Its def. not gonna be cheap.

.....it's not worth getting fixed this car gives me enough problems with being in and out of the shop, i'm just going to have to wait for it to die :(
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #34
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Oh boy...that guy wouldn't be able to drive anymore if he hit me and tried to leave the scene of the accident. Stuff like that just gets my blood boiling.

Hope it doesn't cost you too much.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #35
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina saysssss View Post
.....it's not worth getting fixed this car gives me enough problems with being in and out of the shop, i'm just going to have to wait for it to die :(
Is it a 6cyl? Should find another car, cancel the insurance on the camaro, part it, and look into doing an LT/LS1 swap. Even from that pic, it looks in pretty good shape to be made into a street monster with enough cash. Can't say the same for my brother's Monte, it's in more or less the same shape and is on perpetual life support. If only the incentives for a C1500 Silverado brought the price down low enough we wouldn't be dealing with that sad sack anymore.

Oh, and it's the dreaded 3100 model. Gotta love taking the front end apart for a battery change. -_-
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #36
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
you've got it wrong! THEIR, insurance would be paying and your's wouldn't be affected one bit. Going through insurance is the only smart thing to do. Otherwise the costs will come out of the victims pockets.

your fault... your insurance pays to fix their car, provides a rental, your rate may go up, and your insurance pays their doctor bill

their fault... their insurance fixes your car, provides a rental, their rate may go up, and pays your doctor bill
Depends on your insurance company. With some insurance companies, if have to get your insurance company involved it will count as a insurance claim and your rates will go up slightly ($10-$20 a month).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Trust me your insurance goes up, even when it is NOT your fault..
No, your insurance doesn't necessarily go up just like I said above. I know for a fact State Farm does not increase your rates if you are in a wreak that wasn't your fault even if you have to get them involved to talk to the other persons insurance company.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #37
Sabrina saysssss

full picture :(

if i was going to spend 2k i would just invest that money in my brothers car that he ruined... (dui... long story.. yikes) he has an 83 hurst olds, it's bad ass and it's faster than my 6 cyl! but i'm attached to this thing.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #38
Sabrina saysssss

or i could take that gas guzzling 79 impala in front of my car! (my dads lol)
Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #39
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7CAMARO7 View Post
no offense to you, but people who do NOT know what they are talking about should NOT talk!

I asked a cop about a scenario like this in the past. He told me if you are involved in a hit and run, and you stop without any info, you could be screwed! He also told me that you SHOULD (*get*) their tags at least. If you don't then you've got nothing but a bill to pay the body shop to fix your car. By getting the person's tags, cops patrolling can be looking and pull them over or just show up at their house.

Moral to the story is do what you have to do to get that tag number.

Yeah, okay so let me rephrase. I would say do everything within the law to chase them down. But chances are you are going to have to turn to aggressive driving to get the tags. Speeding, weaving through traffic, maybe running some stop signs or lights, driving without any regards to your life or others, and doing anything you can to get his plate number. You do not have this right to break these laws.

So yes, If the guy that hit you is dumb and continues to drive normally, then by all means POST CHASE! But chances are they are they are not going to do that. And you would have to end up breaking the law in order to get his tags. You are not a trained professional like the police are. You do not have lights on top of your car to warn people to stop. Just because you were hit doesn't mean that you can drive a damaged car like a F'n maniac. Sorry, but sometimes life screws you over, and this is one of those times. It's called life man. Get over it.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
i can get you a new rear bumper and tail light, might not be the same color but at least it will fix the damaged look. I'm parting out my '01 after the insurance finishes up the paperwork. Might even be able to get the rear quarter...forgive me for being stupid but is a bolt on or a welded part?
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #41
Sabrina saysssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Bee '77 View Post
i can get you a new rear bumper and tail light, might not be the same color but at least it will fix the damaged look. I'm parting out my '01 after the insurance finishes up the paperwork. Might even be able to get the rear quarter...forgive me for being stupid but is a bolt on or a welded part?
i believe that it's welded =/
Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #42
7CAMARO7

Drives: Slow 4th gen
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Trust me your insurance goes up, even when it is NOT your fault..
I DON'T TRUST YOU because I got rear ended and nothing happened to my insurance rate...

7CAMARO7 is offline   Reply With Quote