Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
crunkyjens

Drives: 2007 Mazda 3
Odds of finding an LS?

Hey everyone!

I am brand new here and to the realm of the Camaro world! I have been on the lookout for a new vehicle as I'm deathly sick of my Mazda 3 (it's been a great car, just ready for something new) and I've recently fell in love with the Camaro.

Now I'm a 27 year old female, unmarried, no kids, who can only afford so much. While I would love to have an SS it just doesn't fit the budget right now. I do not need all the bells and whistles and the LS fits in my price range. I'm not crazy about the wheels but they are minor to me and something that I can definitely change down the line when I have some money saved up. I do like the 1LT so if I found it at a really good price somewhere I might be able to bump up to that.

Now my question is, after reading in one thread that the figure of LS's was something around 217 out of the 22,000+ made - what are the odds of finding one on a lot somewhere? Or am I going to have to order it? I see the majority of you have ordered your cars and have gotten them or are still waiting to receive them - sounds like it can be a lengthy - but worth it process!

Any help, guidance, thoughts, etc would be wonderful! My Dad is in town for the next couple days so I'm hoping maybe tomorrow we can drive up to a few Chevy dealers and see if I can find one to test drive. He's my loan officer so I need his approval.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th!
Jen
crunkyjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Welcome I don't think your odds are high to finding one on the lot..there is a possibility that you could find a 1LT for MSRP..if not you will have to order..and yes the wait is worth is..(so I've heard..I'm still waiting) If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask and have a great 4th!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Can you say Daddies little girl.... LOL that being said you must be pretty cute...

Odds of finding an LS on the lot is slim to none. You can always order one. You most likely can find a 1LT on a lot and they start around 26k I
think.

Your not to far from me so your welcome to come look at ours once we get it back from all of the modifications.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
crunkyjens

Drives: 2007 Mazda 3
LOL I wish I was Daddy's Little Girl in the complete way as he was paying for it - but when I say loan officer he really technically is! He works for the credit union I would get my loan from so he's my in to see what I can afford and not afford without any b.s. thrown in if that makes sense!

And yes I am cute! LOL

If I were to order one, how much wheeling and dealing can be done with the dealer? Is it limited since you are ordering it how you want it and not bargaining with one on the lot?
crunkyjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
I'm 27 male unmarried and no kids and I will share mine with you if you like. I'm just a few states up lol. All seriousness though I'm sure if you look hard enough one can be found, if not place your order they are moving faster and faster.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I've seen 8 Camaros including mine, no LS... Dealer said people only want the optioned up models... Mine was slightly over $28,000 msrp LT1...You might try ordering one but you'll have to wait!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkyjens View Post
LOL I wish I was Daddy's Little Girl in the complete way as he was paying for it - but when I say loan officer he really technically is! He works for the credit union I would get my loan from so he's my in to see what I can afford and not afford without any b.s. thrown in if that makes sense!

And yes I am cute! LOL

If I were to order one, how much wheeling and dealing can be done with the dealer? Is it limited since you are ordering it how you want it and not bargaining with one on the lot?
There is no wheel and deal right now unless you have a GMS or a USAA discount from what I have found out. (I am a USAA member and a dealer I worked with was approved..)

You have a cute black and white dog and try not to stay out on the boat for 3 hours and get so sunburned...LOL Not a stalker just bored tonight and the internet is very powerful if used right..
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
ljustin293

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkyjens View Post

And yes I am cute! LOL

it is very hard to get under MSRP..some people have found it hard just to get MSRP..so not too many dealerships are bargaining around with the price.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
ljustin293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

You have a cute black and white dog and try not to stay out on the boat for 3 hours and get so sunburned...LOL Not a stalker just bored tonight and the internet is very powerful if used right..
wow haha
Old 07-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
here try this http://www.chevrolet.com/pages/mds/v...bodyStyle=CARS
it might help but most cars are SS and LT's but all depends on your area too.
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #11
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Bob Johnson Chevrolet in Rochester NY had one on the lot last weekend. I haven't been by since then so I don't know if it is gone or not. I would recommend checking autotrader.com frequently. Most dealers list their new cars there. Good luck!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
If you wanna run up to Springfield Mo Reliable Chevy has a couple black and aqua blue
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
wow haha
I hope I did not piss her off, just messing around since I am bored tonight..
Old 07-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I hope I did not piss her off, just messing around since I am bored tonight..
Haha way to scare the poor girl off. but yea sunburn much lol. i'm so glad i can't get sunburned... seems awful.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote