Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #141
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
I’m sticking my neck out on this and maybe it’s just a “Mom” thing, but I think Sim is getting beat up on this. I admit from his original post I was thinking mayyyyybe a little over indulged (sorry Sim), then his later comments clarified his thoughts for the better.

C’mon folks… he did ask for opinions, and isn’t that better than having the attitude “going to do and have what I want no matter what anyone thinks or says otherwise”? And he did decide to agree with the majority opinion and is waiting. Plus, it’s not like he’s starting his career this week. A lot can happen between now and when he graduates, including the possibility that he will decide to take his education in a different direction. C’mon… show of hands.. how many changed majors at least once before they were done? Better yet, how many aren’t doing what that diploma reads and pull in a good wage anyway?

“If I want it, I will make it happen.”… go for it Sim! Knowing you can accomplish anything is the first step, everything after that is merely figuring out the details.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #142
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
*sigh*
Old 10-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #143
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
It's best to avoid any possible debt until after you've graduated and gotten yourself a full-time long-term job. My "sure thing" fell through a couple months before graduation and I had to spend the next 6 months living off the little bit of money I'd made off my internships. The only thing worse than being unemployed is being unemployed and in debt. Getting a new car now as a student wouldn't be worth the stress and uncertainty.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #144
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
*sigh*
Old 10-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #145
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post

It's an Acura RL. Only have pics on inside of it. It was my first car. Hated it.
That just proves that Daddy let you sit in his car. If you bought from Heitz...you probably overpaid...but we've already determined that you don't have a financial advisor. BTW...I'm REALLY curious just who you inherited all this money from...and when... I don't recall any news stories here in Oklahoma about some poor teenager becoming Bruce Wayne over night....

As far as the other pics...what about the other two cars you supposedly own? How about a photo of you AND the car or the car and a hand-written note with your forum name on it...

As far as the Camaro goes...I hope your dad knows you are in HIS car!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #146
ShowTime

Drives: 2010 IOM M6 2SS/RS
I think you are making the right choice in holding off. Yes, you could probably get the car now and be fine with it (especially with your parents helping you out). Sorry nothing against you I'm just a little jealous

But remembering when I was your age (wasn't THAT long ago) I think you can come up with some much things to spend your money on now and save getting the Camaro until later. Going out with friends, dating, vacations (spring break) and so on.

I saw so many of my friends in High School and college over extend themselves to get the car they wanted. They got it, but we never saw them because they were working 2-3 jobs to pay for it.

My only advice is to enjoy your life while you are young. Save the big toys for when you get older. And they will seem so much sweeter when you know that you paid for them yourself. I felt so much accomplishment when I was able to buy my current car on my own with no help from anyone. It was the first time I didn't need to settle or get help from anyone else.

Please don't take anything I've said as talking down to you, that's not how it was intended.

Just a couple rules that I follow for email, im, and forums. Give people the benefit of the doubt because It's really hard to put the subtleties (body language, tone of voice) of conversation into text. They may not have meant things as harshly as they came across. Also, remember you are in a forum so a lot of people posting may have only read the first message or two before posting so people will be responding to that instead of what you said later.

Again, from the limited info I've seen about you in this thread I agree with your decision to wait, but I don't really know you or your situation. Only you and your family know the complete story so your and your family's opinion should hold the most weight in your decision.
1100 Preliminary Order Accepted (10/26)
2500 Preferenced (11/03), 3000 Accepted by Production Control(11/04/09) TPW (11/23)
3300 Scheduled for Production (11/11), 3400 Order broadcast (11/12/09), 3800 Order produced (11/25)
4150 Produced, Invoiced and Available to ship (11/25), 4200 Shipped (11/26), 4800 Rail Ramp Unload (12/4)
5000 Delivered to the dealer (12/7)
6000 Delivered to customer (12/10/09)
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #147
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Dear Mr. Wayne,

My condolences on your loss, You are taking it very well. Stay strong and you will make it through this tough time.
LMFAO!!!!!

BTW, Sim, if by chance you ever hit me while goofing off with your girlfriend or using the cell phone while driving (such as you clearly are in that pic in your Dad's RL), you better have a very, very expensive lawyer on retainer because you will need one to keep me from owning all of your houses and your new Camaro.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #148
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
LMFAO!!!!!

BTW, Sim, if by chance you ever hit me while goofing off with your girlfriend or using the cell phone while driving (such as you clearly are in that pic in your Dad's RL), you better have a very, very expensive lawyer on retainer because you will need one to keep me from owning all of your houses and your new Camaro.
Umm...hey btw...thats not me. Your confusing me with 2SSARME

Ordered 9/26...TPW is 10/26/09!!!!

1100 - Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced 9/30
3000, Order accepted by production control

ALL THIS PROGRESS AFTER 6 DAYS!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #149
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
LMFAO!!!!!

Including the baby blue town home? lol
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #150
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Dude why don't you man up and afford the car yourself. Stop leaching off your parents.

Second thing is, Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #151
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
I have about 50k in the bank from CD's I got when I was a child. That money is going strictly to my down payment on a house as soon as I move out. My health insurance is covered by my father from being in the military until I am not claimed by him as a dependent. I have had tickets, but all are wiped off record now from their 2 year lifespan on my record, so I am all clean.
How old are you? You do understand your health insurance goes away at like 21.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #152
Sooner_SS

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
That just proves that Daddy let you sit in his car. If you bought from Heitz...you probably overpaid...but we've already determined that you don't have a financial advisor. BTW...I'm REALLY curious just who you inherited all this money from...and when... I don't recall any news stories here in Oklahoma about some poor teenager becoming Bruce Wayne over night....

As far as the other pics...what about the other two cars you supposedly own? How about a photo of you AND the car or the car and a hand-written note with your forum name on it...

As far as the Camaro goes...I hope your dad knows you are in HIS car!
Heitz was at sticker last time i checked. There doesn't need to be any news stories for proof but what throws me off is the camaro sitting in front of summit pointe? apartments on 12th?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #153
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Umm...hey btw...thats not me. Your confusing me with 2SSARME
Oh gosh, I'm sorry. Too many people on this thread trying to one up the next guy with how many cars he owns
Old 10-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #154
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post

It's an Acura RL. Only have pics on inside of it. It was my first car. Hated it.
Ok, you're clear i suppose.

Nice cars.

Closed Thread