Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #169
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
I would think you should wait until you've established your credit and have a better paying job. Believe me when I say that paying your own way and earning it yourself without someone else doing it for you builds character and teaches you the true value of things. Not to mention the fact that it allows you to truly appreciate your possessions that much more. Your $700 a month is less than I bring home in a week and I even had to think about my monthly budget and whether or not I should spring for a new car but the Camaro won out in the end and only because I knew I could afford it. Sometimes it isn't about what you want but what you need. As my mom used to tell me, "you're old enough now that your wants won't hurt you." Just so you know, I put down $10,000 and still have a $600+ a month payment. That was with my car having a $38,305 sticker + financing. Of my $10,000 only $5,300 went towards the car. The rest went to taxes, title, etc so just take all of that into consideration. Save up for a couple of years and get your car then if you still want it and are in a better financial position. You never know, you may not even want the Camaro by then so it would be a win win for you. Good luck and I in no way was trying to talk down to you in any way. Just offering friendly advice.

Last edited by WadeWilson; 10-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #170
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post

It's an Acura RL. Only have pics on inside of it. It was my first car. Hated it.
well then we all know now how you got the chick she wants your money
Old 10-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #171
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by semdycadlac View Post
this kid and his parents are the reason y the US is so fxxked up. he has been coddled his whole life and doesent know shit Maybe he shoud living on his own with 700 a month I doubt he could aford to eat let alone by a camaro
Very true. His parents, both with 100K+ jobs, are deeply in debt because of their inability to say no.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #172
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
who really cares if the kid got money or not .thats his business .let him be .he s a smart ass just like all of us when we were young ..kid if you got it spend it .because i know i would .
Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #173
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Spoiled kids... ehh :/
Old 10-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #174
dmo

Drives: 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to dmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Ok I need some major help convincing the parents why that getting this car is not going to impact my future in a negative way. Let me go down the list here. I will name their reasons and my reasons

First off parents concerns:

1. Thinks the car will be stolen (01' SS was stolen twice)
2. Thinks that my job as a server at a restaurant is uncertain of future. (me quitting)
3. Thinks that I will go in debt
4. Just got an 07' 350Z in December

Ok now my side of the story...

1. I am an honors student in college and I have all college paid for
2. I have a job at a restaurant that makes me about $700 a month
3. The camaro will have onstar so theft is not an issue
4. I love the car to death and have wanted it since 2006
5. It would help my mother out right now because she pays note and insurance on the Z right now, and me paying the note would free up some of her money...

Her concern is with my financial future and trying to make me build credit and she thinks something will happen to where I cant make a note or something...

What am I suppose to do, not to sounds conceited or spoiled but they have never really told me "no" before. I dont see what the huge deal is here so why all of a sudden are we concerned with this when I: A. can pay the note. And: B. will be helping her out free some of her money up?

Help me!!!
Everyone's situation is different and you need to do what feels right for you and your parents should do the same for themselves. I can only offer my situation in comparison

I'm 25, graduated college at 23 and still living at home with my mother. Working a decent job and building up a financial foundation for me to live on my own next year. Some months (depending on overtime) I earn on average 2,000 a month. If I moved out and was paying rent after I started working this job I would have only 5,000 in a savings account TOTAL. Since my mother is kind enough to let me stay home I had the chance to put some of the money I saved towards the down payment for my camaro and a 3yr loan. If I chose to move out now or was given the boot I would basically have that 2000 a month to spend on my car payment/insurance/gas, rent, food, and internet service. I go to graduate school online.

I don't know how long you plan on staying with your parents but 700 a month is not enough. You will have minimal savings and is not financially responsible, especially in a recession where higher paying jobs are harder to earn.

Sit back, enjoy the 350z, and bank money so you don't have to ask your parents permission when you want to get something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Why yes, yes I did...

And to further give explanation of my "thats how I role attitude". Thats not what I have going. And my priorities are not ass-backwards. If they were, then I wouldn't have a 4.0 from 1st grade to my now senior year in college. I wouldn't have the scholarships that I do. And I wouldn't have the internship that is paying me $2000 for living each month of this coming summer and $40 an hour to learn what I have ahead of me. Although I know that I will see the phrase "so you have an internship, whoopdie doo, doesn't mean your dream will come true. Its a harsh economy" doesn't mean anything to me. If I want it, I will make it happen. (not my thought process on the car, so don't think I'm an arrogant 21 year old).

The only reason that I have the things I do and the support from my parents to buy me whatever I want is ONLY because of how I have stayed on track in my life.

I'm not mad or anything or yelling this to myself as I type. I'm just throwing it out there that I am not some punk ass "kid" who is crying over the fact that I am not getting what I want at the moment.
I just saw this, good decision on holding off.

Last edited by dmo; 10-08-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #175
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Just get the car and stop asking us poor people.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #176
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
why are people on here so mean to kids that are spoiled?? I will admit I am spoiled and I really could care less of what other people think. I got a brand new mustang for my 16th birthday and now my parents are buying me a Camaro. My parents always tell me I get things because I am such a good kid, not every spoiled kid is some screw up who messes around and is an idiot. I never even got a detention in high school lol.
Leave the OP alone, its one thing if he is spoiled and bratty but it seems like he isn't. I say as long as you know 100% for sure you can afford the car, then get it

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #177
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
why are people on here so mean to kids that are spoiled?? I will admit I am spoiled and I really could care less of what other people think. I got a brand new mustang for my 16th birthday and now my parents are buying me a Camaro. My parents always tell me I get things because I am such a good kid, not every spoiled kid is some screw up who messes around and is an idiot. I never even got a detention in high school lol.
Leave the OP alone, its one thing if he is spoiled and bratty but it seems like he isn't. I say as long as you know 100% for sure you can afford the car, then get it

I wish a MOD would just delete this thing...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #178
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post

I wish a MOD would just delete this thing...
why?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #179
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
maybe you guys should stay out of people's personal lifes. The op asked for an opinion, he was not asking whether he is spoiled or not.

So what if someone is spoiled by their parents, I dont think it's anyone's business. For that reason this thread is closed. I'm glad the op got what he wanted.

Closed Thread