Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #71
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
CR also said our washer and dryer set we purchased new and lasted a year and a half was top of the line which I beat with a hammer as the new set was delivered.
So I take what they say now and wipe my @ss with it.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #72
cjcamaro10

Drives: 2010 LS 6M
Different strokes for different folks. Like the Olsen twins, I wouldn't turn down either of them.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
cjcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #73
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Didn't mean it as negative. But I am on lots of car forums and there seems to be more insecurity, chest thumping and putting down of other brands here than in most of the others. I'm am by current association, a Mustang guy, but I can praise a Subaru, Dodge, or Chevy if it's deserving without feeling somehow that it makes my current driver less valid. By the same token, I don't need to defend my brand of choice at every turn. And finally, I am not saying all Camaro fans are insecure, perhaps just that insecure types are drawn to the Camaro? Overcompensation perhaps?
That is because we can Mustang troll,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #74
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
I have to say that I was disappointed in the camaros I have driven. They felt a little old school dynamically I was expecting a modern up to date vehicle and it felt a lot like my GTO which has its roots,in the late '90s.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #75
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreale View Post
Consumer reports says camaro is the least fun muscle car and mustang is the most fun.
Not sure how they came to that conclusion

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/cars-tha...235804567.html
Fairly easy. The Mustang is lighter has much better visibility, and is, therefor, easier to drive.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #76
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
The same place that said the Camaro was one of the top 10 fastest cars for under $50k.

Can't give Yahoo much credit.
Fast does not equate to fun to drive, unless you are talking just straight acceleration
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #77
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The "Fun To Drive" label is a subjective evaluation, what is fun to one person could be boring to another person, what is boring to that person could be scary to another person. I never put much stock into "Fun To Drive" ratings of others. I just know my Camaro is fun to drive to me, especially with the top down and hearing the exhaust note.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #78
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The "Fun To Drive" label is a subjective evaluation, what is fun to one person could be boring to another person, what is boring to that person could be scary to another person. I never put much stock into "Fun To Drive" ratings of others. I just know my Camaro is fun to drive to me, especially with the top down and hearing the exhaust note.

Nailed it.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #79
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
Hate to get too "street" here but every Mustang around here that i see from the early 2000's looks worn out and burnt. Dusty, dents, back sagging, sounding 10 miles away from the junkyard.

The Camaros still look fresh. One of the reasons I made the choice. And the dude who said it spoke to him was right: It was like the Camaro was calling to me. Add to that the pure envy I felt of everyone I seen driving one, it was a no brainer. No regrets whatsoever.
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #80
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Exactly +1.

"Fun to Drive" is subjective. I do like their statistics for used cars since that is objective.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #81
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
It's ridiculous. Move on.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #82
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Actually started hating consumer reports when I bought a 5th gen. I feel like they must be the lamest group of nerds to ever review cars. To always pick the stang over the Camaro is just silly. I've driven plenty of my mustang owning friends around and they are always blown away and more than impressed. Where do they find these people?
Old 05-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #83
HUSSEL

Drives: 5th Generation 2SS/RS
I figure if you are driving an American Muscle Car, you are already in the right frame of mind. Anything outside of that cannot even compare. I looked at all three and chose the camaro because it fit ME! My husband is a ford guy and that is what works for Him. In the big picture, the person driving Their choice of car makes it more fun to drive for them. I still get my pirmagren every day I walk outside and see my camaro sitting in the driveway. CR is not a true way to compare what makes something more fun. It is an individual choice. Thank you for the opportunity to choose from a group of exciting American Muscle Cars.

Last edited by HUSSEL; 05-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.
HUSSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #84
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Everyone has their favorite. I could likely poll 6 other people at random and come up with a different answer.

I've test drove the new Mustang GT to ensure I wasn't being unbiased as the last new one I drove was a 2005 and it was a piece of crap. The Mustang feels more nimble as far as street responsiveness, and if that's the standard as to what equates to more fun, then that it does. Ford obviously did a good job in improving in the last several years, I have to give them that. Probably a weight thing as far as feeling more nimble. But from a zippy drive on windy roads, the Camaro just hugs the road better and has a better road feel to me. More predictable. The mustang felt like the rear end wanted to try and pass me in the curves and I wasn't even pushing it that hard. The mustang has a nice exhaust note to it, but it also has somewhat of a tinny feel to it, more ricer-like, but not a ricer. I'm not sure how to explain that. Just couldn't feel totally comfortable in the mustang. Sorry.

Both cars are fun, but my butt belongs in a Camaro. It just feels right to me and that's where I'll stay. Might be subjective, true, but it's my $$ so I'll buy what makes me feel good.

Point about CR is, they're like my Uncle Jake telling me which car he thought was cool. He can recommend cars all day long, but until I go out and compare them MYSELF, all of it is hot air.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote