Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
As with any performance mod you can have issues but so far for me the IPF hardware is really solid for a daily driver like mine. The tune is the key. I had a few tweaks but I have been running great now for almost 15k miles (thanks to Arno) I decided to not go the warranty route but that's up to you. I do have backup transportation but rarely use it.
To be honest I have had more down time last year due to my convertible top ! I'm glad that's over (I hope).
Old 07-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
Cmitopgun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
they aren't the one's that put the vinyl on your car, are they? lol
Haha no. They removed the stock spoiler and patched and painted the trunk lid, and removed my old rally stripes. The new stripes were someone else....

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Cmitopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 07-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #18
Cmitopgun

So I think i'm doing it. But before I do, what do you recommend for a brake upgrade to suppport the power? Should I get better pads? Better rotor (ie slotted) or full on brake kit? Mind you, she is still a daily driver with occasional drag strip visits.

ZL1 Front Fascia, Rockers, & Diffuser, LED DRLs and Fogs, 1LT/RS badges from EmblemPros, CAI Intake, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Cat-Back Dual Tip Exhaust, IPF Tune, TF3 style stripe kit, Black OEM high wing spoiler, trunk lid blackout stripe, Nitto Motivo tires, 20" Niche rims, and more to come!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmitopgun View Post
So I think i'm doing it. But before I do, what do you recommend for a brake upgrade to suppport the power? Should I get better pads? Better rotor (ie slotted) or full on brake kit? Mind you, she is still a daily driver with occasional drag strip visits.
My honest opinion...unless you plan to take her on a track with curves, or you plan to drive the hell out of it on the street...don't worry about a brake upgrade. If anything, when the time comes that you need new pads/rotors, just a get a better set at the time. There are some V6 guys here that can recommend good V6 replacement stuff, and also some of the rotors are lighter than stock which is a bonus.

If you want to support the power, and make the car feel better balanced I'd concentrate on suspension after you do the upgrade.

I'm no suspension expert, but I just recently installed ZL1 springs on my car and that alone is a noticeable improvement in handling, and still rides wonderful...basically as good as stock does. It dropped the car about 3/4" to 1" which was perfect for me. But for the best handling, you'll want to do sway bars as well for sure. To help with getting the power down to the ground you should consider bushing upgrades and trailing arms.

Best of luck. Once you start your journey let us know how it goes!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
PoorMansCamaro

I can't remember if you have an auto or manual
Old 07-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
Cmitopgun

Thanks KMP! Great advice and insight.

PMC, I drive an Auto

I am pretty excited about this next phase of my Camaro journey.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:

PMC, I drive an Auto

Then you might want to switch out your rear!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #23
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
IPS TT gets my vote!
Man I tried. Their kit works only for the LFX. I need a FI kit that'll get rid of my dying headers.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #24
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
Man I tried. Their kit works only for the LFX. I need a FI kit that'll get rid of my dying headers.
Dying headers? What brand and what is the issue?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:

PMC, I drive an Auto

I have an auto as well, my car was the first to get a supercharger from IPF.. actually got it in March/April last year, if I am correct.

This is my daily driver and I am from California but living in Arizona. I drive to California quite often and with all the heat here, I have had no problems with my car.

Just recently I got my LT Headers and High Flow Cats, couldn't be any happier that I am now.

My next Project is an LSD for the car, no more 1 legged burnouts.

If you have any questions Cmitopgun, feel free to message me =)
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
I have an auto as well, my car was the first to get a supercharger from IPF.. actually got it in March/April last year, if I am correct.

This is my daily driver and I am from California but living in Arizona. I drive to California quite often and with all the heat here, I have had no problems with my car.

Just recently I got my LT Headers and High Flow Cats, couldn't be any happier that I am now.

My next Project is an LSD for the car, no more 1 legged burnouts.

If you have any questions Cmitopgun, feel free to message me =)
I haven't had very many problems with the kit car has been running great. Btw where did u get ur car tuned? Is there a shop in Cali that specializes in tuning the LLTs?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #27
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
He got his straight from ipf. His was the first LLT car with the kit

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #28
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
He got his straight from ipf. His was the first LLT car with the kit