Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
My wife's car is a silver LTZ. So far we love the car! There is only one thing that I do not like and it the power lift gate. We keep ours in the off position all the time, it's way too easy to accidentally open that tailgate while you're in the store. First few weeks we owned it, it was sitting there in the parking lot of a store with the endgame up twice. Good mpg's, first vacation out in it we pulled 33mpg. I was perfectly happy with that number. Leather seats are great, radio sounds good, and it drives pretty well.
That is the one thing mine loves about it, and one of reasons why she chose it over the others.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #30
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
It's not a bad feature, I just wish it was a little more difficult to open with he key fob.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #31
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
It's not a bad feature, I just wish it was a little more difficult to open with he key fob.
Our fob isn't that sensitive. I really have to press the button for a bit for it to work. Yours is newer though so I dont know. I did have a problem accidentally hitting it when we first owned it, but that was operator error lol.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #32
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
It's about time.

Well, I can't believe I made this thread almost 3 years ago. Finally my wife and I are going to go put some money down on a 2016 Equinox today. The one we want got delivered to the dealership yesterday. If it all works out, we will test drive it today, fill out papers, pick it up on Monday. Patriot Blue LT, V6, AWD, jet black interior. Glad I made this thread, you Camaro5 members helped us make up our minds on going ahead with an Equinox. Thank you all.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #33
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
LOVE ours Almost as much fun as driving the Camaro <, Really a nice driver.
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #34
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
My DD is a 2014 Equinox 4cyl. Love it. It gets great mileage for its size. So far no issues around town driving it gets 24.3 MPG and 33.4 MPG on Highway. For speed and power I have the 2014 2SS/RS.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:49 PM   #35
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
We've owned a Terrain since 2011 (new) and it is a very nice car for the money. We've had zero issues and love the features (remote start, sliding rear seat). Very quiet and comfortable. The only caution is the 2.4l. We chose the 4cyl for gas mileage and frankly it's got a laundry list of issues that has me scare long-term. Plus it doesn't get you the 32 it says on the freeway. I'd go with the V6 because it's probably not much different in the real world. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:47 PM   #36
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
New Equinox should be in my driveway Monday. Crappy weather for buying a new car but good weather for a test drive with AWD, snowing. My wife and I really liked it, I test drove it on some familiar roads, as to where I know how my truck and Camaro handle over familiar bumps. I was impressed with how the Equinox handled. Strong, quiet and smooth. Felt good. The navigation thing looks cool. I will enjoy that. Looking forward to next week so I can get familiar with it all.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #37
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
We've owned a Terrain since 2011 (new) and it is a very nice car for the money. We've had zero issues and love the features (remote start, sliding rear seat). Very quiet and comfortable. The only caution is the 2.4l. We chose the 4cyl for gas mileage and frankly it's got a laundry list of issues that has me scare long-term. Plus it doesn't get you the 32 it says on the freeway. I'd go with the V6 because it's probably not much different in the real world. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend.
What are the issues with the I4 engine? I'm interested in the Terrain.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:05 AM   #38
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
No issues with my parents' 2.4L. Plus it regularly does 30+ on the highway.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #39
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I have been searching on Craigslist for a long time for a used SUV and I narrowed it down to the Equinox or Santa Fe. From what I'm reading here, and always wanted to know, is that the Equinox is a good option.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #40
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
Never heard of any real issues. My wife is on her second one. 10,000 miles on this one, and 50,000 miles on the previous one. Not one issue with either.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #41
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
Actually- some issues are getting common as they get some miles on them. Oil consumption is getting more common, requiring new pistons to resolve. There's a 'special coverage' which lets dealers cover the repair as warranty up to 25K miles after expiration of the power train warranty. Balance shaft noise and timing tensioners are also an issue and have a special coverage on them as well.
I've seen bad cats on a few, but only on ones that were not maintained well.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:27 PM   #42
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
We have a 2011 LT with every option that was available in MY2011 on an LT. The Pioneer system is nice, we usually see between 27 and 30 mpg highway, and 24ish around town. It is comfortable and spacious and my wife really likes it.

We have 66k on ours. Pistons and rings were replaced at ~58k due to oil consumption (we never had a full oil out issue, and I inspected the motor while apart personally, there was no striping). Replaced O2 sensors due to resulting rich condition. It runs great since.

We replace vehicles quickly enough that I'm not worried about longevity of 100k plus, your mileage may of course vary. Ours has been perfect minus the oil consumption issue, which is well documented and easily enough repaired.
Attached Images

Last edited by BriteCrawler; 01-11-2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added picture
BriteCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote