Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #295
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Not to be picky, but YIKES the wire harness on the trunk lid, LOL

=Bobby
If you look at the pic there is a small rubber grommet over to the right. I'd bet that is where the loom will run in production.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #296
tfb

Drives: 2010 Camaro on order
Yes, the front licence plate does look like crap. But I think, depending on the province or state where you live when you put in your order, they put the bracket on at the factory? I would like to remove mine when i get the car at least until i get the first ticket from the cops. But just wondering how many holes are drilled in the bumper for the bracket?
tfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #297
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Well, you're obviously a Fan Boy, there's a lot of those on this site as is to be expected. Nothing wrong with that other than it prevents you guys from remaining objective.

Keep in mind it only takes once for someone to fubar your car. Non secured gas caps are a thing of the 80s.
You're right, I've become a fanboy. But I wasn't a fanboy of my truck when I bought it and it didn't even cross my mind being an issue. I just don't understand why someone would fubar your car by putting stuff in your gas tank when there's MUCH easier and costlier ways of accomplishing the same exact goal.

Oh and noone has said that it doesn't lock yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it is locked with the doors but we'll have to wait for confirmation on that.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #298
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Just stopping by to say thanks for all the info and pictures Heather. . . Keep us posted!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #299
cutter5002

Drives: 2010 camaro hopeful
While we're talking about the gas cap, what about gas mileage? What type of MPG are you getting on the trip?
cutter5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #300
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
Geno,

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

As far as the car goes...I think the halo's from the HID's look cool, BUT they are nothing in comparison to the visibility the HID's put out over the standard lights. I have driven next to cars with HID's and the color and pattern they put out is so much better. That is the main reason I am getting the RS package. I really don't care for the wheel color and that is about the only other thing you get with the SS. I would recommend it highly, I think you will be very happy.
Thank you Shifty 6!! I originally ordered the RS package but did NOT want summer tires and GM would not budge so I cancelled the RS package. I think the 19" tires will be fine and a set of SilverStar Ultra's should take care of the headlights.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #301
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfb View Post
Yes, the front licence plate does look like crap. But I think, depending on the province or state where you live when you put in your order, they put the bracket on at the factory? I would like to remove mine when i get the car at least until i get the first ticket from the cops. But just wondering how many holes are drilled in the bumper for the bracket?
I am pretty sure the bracket gets shipped in the trunk of your car if you live in a state that requires a front plate...other than that it comes without the bracket from the factory FWIW
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #302
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
A few general thoughts as I read through this thread:

A general gripe with GM (though not a dealbreaker) is their use of plastic covers everywhere in the engine bay. We've seen under the hood for a while now, but it just really hit me as I spent the entire morning yesterday under the hood of my wife's '04 Taurus wagon doing general maintenance with my father-in-law (he teaches auto-shop at a high school, and since school was out for the holidays we had his shop all to ourselves. Life is good ). Everything was easy to access and only covered if it had to be. Not so with GM cars and it drives me nuts.

I actually like the look of the gauges and radio stack. So I do come from a Cobalt so my standards are low, but I think it looks just fine. Also, Heather, nice choice on the music selection.

I'm excited to finally have XM built in to the radio. I've been without it for a few months as my aftermarket unit no longer sticks to my dash and I have yet to find something that will hold it there short of superglue.

These pics have convinced me to go for the 1SS. In the first pics we saw of cloth interiors the material did not look good, but this stuff looks great and seems to be high quality. That just saved me thousands and means I can get my Camaro a lot sooner! I will miss the 4 pack gauges (well, I'll miss oil temp and pressure, not so much voltage and tranny temps, and I do love the storage space it opens up, so we'll call that a push), the audio controls on the wheel, and the USB port, but I don't use bluetooth (no calls are made while I'm driving, period) and I'm fine with plugging an ipod in through the aux jack and setting a playlist so that's fine.

I'm also debating the merits of the RS package now. $1200 isn't much, but darker wheels and taillamps don't mean much to me. I do like the look of body colored roof ditch moldings and the look and added visibility of the HID headlights, but is it worth the $1200 bucks? Without the RS package I can easily get this car for under $30K after the initial rush dies down. Decisions...

I'm thrilled to see how much the trunk can fit. Unfortunately, just like my Cobalt coupe while the trunk is huge, fitting anything through the opening will be a pain. If we have to haul anything, we'll be taking the wife's wagon.

If the fuel door locks when the doors lock, then I love that method. It would probably take me a while to learn to remember to hit a button on the way out. Pushing it in from the outside to pop it open would be much easier. I just hope it locks with the doors or else I will have to go through the annoyance of a locking gas cap.

Thanks for the updates! This is the best development we've had yet- an SS in the hands of a forum member for a full roadtrip on their own and a play-by-play account. Trust me, if I saw a new Camaro driving down the highway I'd look just like the guy in the SS following.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #303
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I could care less if the gas cap locked or not. They could just as easily pop off the center caps of a wheel or two a lot more easily and if you even lost or broke one you would know they are a lot more expensive than gas is/was.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #304
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
has their been any report of ambient lighting in these test cars? just curious if anyone has seen it work.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #305
Attorneyguy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Gas door release mystery solved!

Nope. That's the carpet anchor. The Pontiac G8 has the same thing.

In fact, the Camaro looks nearly IDENTICAL to the Pontiac G8 in the brake/pedal area. Check out this pic of the G8 interior and compare it with the Camaro pic above...

http://www.hammen.net/bowman/gt_missing_pedal.jpg
Attorneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #306
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc250 View Post
With your statement about people following you I think you had the appropriate song on the radio...Wanted Dead or Alive!

If I saw you traveling down the road I would have ran off the highway because I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off my next car.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #307
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Way to go Heather!

Very cool. Thanks so very much for all the information and pics!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #308
lakers

Drives: cars
where is reverse on the ss? far left or far right?
lakers is offline   Reply With Quote