Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Camaro 6 issues.

I've been monitoring the Camaro 6 site. Looks like the new Camaros are having a shict load of issues from paint, quality control, seat motors, to electrical issues right from the factory. Beautiful cars but lots of serious issues popping up even before break in. Scares the hell out of me. Was going to trade in my 5th gen but now afraid to. Its ashame I thought Chevy had it together.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
You have to remember that a good majority of those people... actually make up a small majority of the total amount of issues people are having on that site with their new cars in general.

And those people on that site make up an even SMALLER majority of total 16 Camaro owners all over the US.

A lot of minor kinks and issues are to be expected with the first year model in any car. Thank goodness for warranty eh?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
I've been monitoring the Camaro 6 site. Looks like the new Camaros are having a shict load of issues from paint, quality control, seat motors, to electrical issues right from the factory. Beautiful cars but lots of serious issues popping up even before break in. Scares the hell out of me. Was going to trade in my 5th gen but now afraid to. Its ashame I thought Chevy had it together.
Best to wait a year or two after a major update. Thousands of drivers in the real world will expose the flaws that GM could never find otherwise... JMHO
Old 02-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
RaceFuel

Drives: A boring sedan
It's always a good idea to wait about 6 months after a new generation is released..QA issues happen and are unavoidable on mass produced cars.

The Gen 6 is doing okay I think, I would still wait.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Don't forget the big one! I think Gen5DIY has issues with his MRC - which prevents the car from going over 80 (or 85, don't remember) MPH as a safety precaution.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438455
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #6
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You have to remember that a good majority of those people... actually make up a small majority of the total amount of issues people are having on that site with their new cars in general.

And those people on that site make up an even SMALLER majority of total 16 Camaro owners all over the US.

A lot of minor kinks and issues are to be expected with the first year model in any car. Thank goodness for warranty eh?
True...but looks like no Quality Control. Look at the pics of some of the Mosaic black paint jobs leaving the factory. Stevie Wonder can even point out the defects. Its like QC is not QCing or maybe Chevy is saying let it go out any way. Thats Baaaad.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #7
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
True...but looks like no Quality Control. Look at the pics of some of the Mosaic black paint jobs leaving the factory. Stevie Wonder can even point out the defects. Its like QC is not QCing or maybe Chevy is saying let it go out any way. Thats Baaaad.
Yeah that's understandable I mean I'd be upset too if I spent $40k+ on a brand new sports car and my paint is looking funny.

It's not like the infamous transmission MT-82 Mustang Coyote 5.0 problems were having ... a decent amount of members here on this site are former MT-82 sufferers [;

Yeah but like others and myself had mentioned.. always best to wait on newer models. Let them work out the issues and then reap the benefits!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #8
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
All the more reason to see if they do anything special for the 50th anniversary

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #9
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Never buy a first model year remake, wait at least until end of year or the following
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #10
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:

Agree... forums such as this are normally made up by a small percentage of the given community. Within that small group, many have found the given forum as a result of researching an issue they are experiencing. As a result minor issues are often exaggerated.

That being said, I try to steer clear of the first year of any model introduction or major revision/upgrade.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #11
Chris-10

Drives: 2ss/rs vr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstacamaro View Post
Never buy a first model year remake, wait at least until end of year or the following
I ordered a 2010 & I've had Zero problems. The majority usually don't.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
It looks like the paint booth at the new plant needs QC.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #13
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Not to mention the fact that these new cars are built in a completely different plant in a different Country.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #14
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
It looks like the paint booth at the new plant needs QC.
Yeah that or Ray Charles is doing the final inspections
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote