Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Funny story / prank. I may be the worst husband ever.

A little back story. I have a habit of buying motorcycles and "fun" cars out of the blue or on a whim. My wife HATES it. I'm the bread winner and always cover my vehicle upgrades on my own so she deals with it but not always happily.

I haven't always given her much reason to support my habit. I've actually done quite the opposite. When we first started dating on her birthday we had plans to go out for the evening. I agreed to be the DD for her and her drunk friends as long as that afternoon we could go on a motorcycle ride. We got stuck in an unexpected thunderstorm. So I pulled into a motorcycle dealership to wait out the storm. I saw a bike I had to have. Ended up buying a CBR 1000rr on her birthday. I still held up my end of the deal and was the DD that night. Fast forward a few years and vehicles later to last year. I'm working night shift with weekdays off. One day I decided to go to the dealership and came home with an 05 corvette. She was pissed that I just showed up at the house with it and it was only a 2 seater (We have a 2yr old). She only rode in it 2 times in the year I had it. I traded it in for my SS I have now to make her happier. She approved on that purchase partly for the ability to do family stuff in it and partly since I talked to her before buying it. She's not a fan of me adding go fast parts but doesn't complain.

We just paid off her honda accord that she bought when we were dating. But that accord is a two door. So since our son normally rides with her I use the accord as my commuter and she drives our 4 door scion. On my way to work I had an accident with a piece of tread that came off a semi tire while driving "her" beloved accord. It ripped the front bumper all up. I made the insurance claim yesterday morning. Today I decided to go to a body shop I trust to get an estimate to send them since I don't like using insurance preferred shops. I go there and the guy doing the estimate points out the radiator support / cross member was dented. They are a small shop and pretty much do fender and bumper repairs and paint and try not to do frame work. He referred me to a nearby dealership that works with my insurance and assured me I can trust them. So I go there.

It's a chevy dealer so remember my addiction /habit makes it hard for me to not buy nice stuff especially if I think it's a good deal. Going into a chevy dealership with several camaros Z28 and Zl1 alongside some stingrays is very risky for me. Had I told my wife that's where I was heading she probably would have told me to wait until she could join me to prevent any unauthorized purchases. Well the guy at the body shop gets the estimate done and pushes the claim through so I can leave the car today if I want. He asks if I have rental coverage and I inform him I do not. He tells me if I want they will give me a loaner at no charge If they have one available. They only have a 2015 Silverado available. I take it and leave the accord to be repaired.

The worst thing I could do aside from trading our son for a car would be to trade in the accord. So when I got home I took a picture and posted it on Facebook with a caption implying I did just that. Basically I said I walked into the dealership to get an estimate but ended up leaving with a 2015 Silverado. Then I tagged her in the pic. Hopefully she comes home after work so I can explain its a prank and the truck is a loaner.

Last edited by mar10; 03-10-2015 at 06:46 PM.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #2
ba2ss

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
you're a dead man, haha
ba2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
LMAO you should have traded it in on something new for her...like a Chevy SS...or an SRT8 Charger
Old 03-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Awesome prank...just 22 days early
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Lol
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:45 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I'm not thinking the OP lived to tell us what happened.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba2ss View Post
you're a dead man, haha
and I will assume the OP isn't getting any for a long time either......lol
Old 03-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #8
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
and I will assume the OP isn't getting any for a long time either......lol
Seeing as it has been more than 24 hours since he posted this, I'm assuming the OP may well be in a shallow grave for "trading" in her beloved Accord.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #9
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Well I lived. She called me before she left work. Didn't say hi just "Did you really buy that truck". I was planning on saying something like it was such a great deal I just had to bring it home but her tone warned me that doing so would be a bad idea. So I caved and told her the truth. On a side note my 2 year old thinks the truck is almost as cool as my camaro. But when asked which he wants to ride in he says the camaro (daddy's car). My wife tries to deny that she really believed I traded the car in but when she called I could hear she was mad. But she's over it.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
+1 for mar10. Good to see you know where that line is that you should not cross. Good catch on all the warning signs. I still think it was funny.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
A few years ago, I took my wife's 4X4 Blazer to the tire shop to get new tires. The factory tires (very small) were just wimpy looking... she wanted something a little meatier.

I put on some big fat BFGs, and they looked damn good. But I called her and told her that I ended up getting a GREAT deal ("They were on sale!") on some other tires that "...were just barely smaller than the tires we started with!"

That was 10 years ago... we are divorced now, and she is still pissed off about that one.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote