Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
indigloflow

Drives: Summit White 2ssrs inferno
Flame me now SUB THUMPS CUSTOMER SERVIC SUCKS

Flame me now I know you will, But I sent Steve this email directly 7 days ago, and PMed him 4 days ago. I know they are busy people serving our camaro community, Even though I've only been a member for a month, I've been lurking for 2 years and now that I've made the plunge and purchased I figured who better to give my business to then Steve @ ********. After 7 days and no reply and seeing them reply to every T Harness comment.

It's obvious that there primary goal is to promote there product via our forum, I know there products are innovative, but they are no use to me if they can't take a few minutes out of there day to reply to either a PM or a email.

I'm sure there would be 15 post via them if they had a new product to offer, I guess what I'm trying to say is they are in the business of selling stereo products let's see where they are 18 months from now, I'm sure they will be pimping there products on the next latest and greatest american muscle car forum to come along,

I know this might seem rude to most of you but I really reached out to them for help, and got nothing in return.

Flame me, I know you will.

Jesse

I also sent this to the guys at ********, didn't get a reply yet, I'm sure there busy. Thought you guys might be able to chime in.

The subs in question are Kicker CVR 2 ohm either 10 or 12 inch
The amp for either setup is a kicker ZX750.1

Complete systems are between 6 to 8 hundred complete with enclosure,amp,subs and wiring.

I was checking out your products on your website, which I found on the camaro5 forumn. I must say you make some excellent products. With that said I'm just getting back into stereo systems the last system I had was 2 punch pro 12's and a punch 45 amp. Needless to say that was 15 plus years ago, and I could use your products and help to self install a system in my new camaro. When you get a chance could you please answer a few questions for me. Thanks in advance.

1. Do you guys produce and sell a complete system with 3 tens, I didn't see one on your site?

2. I am looking for tight hard hitting bass, would I be better with 2 10 inch woofers, 3 ten
inch woofers, or 2 12 inch woofers?

3. I noticed you sell the same amp for two 12 inch woofers and 2 ten inch woofers on
your complete packages, could it adequately push 3 tens?

4. How hard is it to install the bass control knob? and what location do you recomend
installing it on the new camaro.

Thank You Very much for your time and effort,

Jesse Church
indigloflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Yes, I have been out of town for a few days and not caught up on e-mails and such yet. This doesn't give you the right to attack me or put my company down and trash our name. We work very hard on here and pay to be here, so I do not appreciate your approach. Most of your questions are purely subjective ie #2 and #4, and have been covered many times and you can find a lot by using the search feature to find them. I can answer #1 and #3 if you like, but it would be best if you just called me since there's no perfect answer.

Last edited by Steve@Subthump; 06-08-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
WAS gonna say WHY th ehell not just call Steve>

?

but he beat me to it.

lol
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #5
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
BTW Steve reserve 1 harness for me,Ill try to call tomorrow..remember I want it with the 3 connectors,, front,rear and sub out.

OR
Should I just tap th eone I originally bout onto a x1-x2 connector set up..?

Ill call ya .lol

Rick
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst

Seriously, 7 days ago the T-harness showed up which means Steve and crew needs to solder two RCA connectors per harnes. I believe that is 200 harnesses x at least 2 so that is 400 connections. Plus he is out of town.

Come on now cut the guy a little slack.
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
rahz28
Z28 Historian

Drives: 73 Z28,86,87 Z28, 2010 1LT/RS
******** - no problems here!

I would say that 1 email and 1 PM not answered in 7 days should not generate a flame 'general post' about a company.

I myself was on vacation all last week, and was away from a computer for over 7 days....no email or pm's can be answered that way...B-)....not unusual around a long holiday weekend.

I understand we all want answers 'NOW' and our concerns are the most important (to us!), but we have to remember that many members here are in business to HELP fellow Camaro owners, and are doing this in addition to their normal business.

As stated previous, a follow up phone call would have been a good choice to try to resolve your questions.

p.s. I am a ******** customer, and their boxes fit like a glove and look as 'factory' installed as you could want. Very happy with their product.

1st Camaro memory: Cousin's brand new 1969 Z28 Black w/White stripes...I was 7 and a Camaro fan forever after.Multiple Camaro Owner...Latest 2010 1LT/RS.
rahz28 is offline   Reply With Quote