Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #29
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleone View Post

What was that mister aggrivated tailgater that is still stuck behind me at a light. Get out of your vehicle to try to run up to my drivers side window again at the next light. We will see what my buddy named Glock has to say about it! (Yes, that really happened. Ended up having to call the police because this guy I guess wanted to beat the crap out of me. I laid some serious rubber in that intersection, I didn't want to go to jail that day. He chased me for miles)

I guess he wasn't impressed with what Mr. Glock had to say.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #30
Eagleone

Drives: Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
I guess he wasn't impressed with what Mr. Glock had to say.
Never gave him the chance. Decided to take my wife and run. I have no idea what events would have unfolded if I didn't have my wife in the car with me. I would have probably done something stupid like...get out of the car. By the time he got to my rear quarter in a full sprint, I punched it through the red light. Thankfully traffic was all stopped between light changes. I will never know what his real problem was, but I am quite certain that guy was suffering from some serious road rage issues. Forever more I seem to have a hate for every Dodge Dakota driver. (that's what he was driving)
Eagleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #31
LuckyWife

Drives: Victoria
My biggest peeve are those that wait til the last minute to merge into the offramp lane that already has a 1/2 mile long of cars in it. We all know those offramps get clogged up, and I'm willing to move over, and yes wait in line while traffic moves forward. But noooooooo, you're so special that you have to stop traffic in another lane while waiting for an inch of space where you can force your way into the lane, interrupting the flow of traffic, and forcing me to to hug the outside line marker and not let you in on principal alone!
LuckyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #32
balagan

Drives: V6 RS SW
I usually respond to tailgaters by giving my washer jets a good squirt, its amazing the sense of satisfaction you can gain when they back off and you see them putting their wipers on.

There are so many idiots on the road here you'd be heading for a coronary if you worried about it too much. My defensive driving skills have improved immensely, and these days if I see a white Patrol or Landcruiser I usually make the assumption that they are an idiot and give them a wide berth.
balagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #33
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
..and similar to LuckyWife's thread, when you're bumper to bumper behind a traffic accident or construction in one lane and those guys that will fly by everyone and jump in front of someone at the last second and expect people to let them in while you and everyone else have had to wait an hour in traffic. The people that let are just as bad too. You can wait just like everyone else.

Good thread, way to vent everyone's frustrations about bad drivers
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #34
danifox
Gulf Coast Camaro Family

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro Soon...
I have MAD road rage... and it doesn't help that I live in heavens waiting room Florida.

1. Not using your signals... I mean REALLY?! Is it THAT hard for you to turn them on?! Are you THAT lazy to turn them on when your hand is right next to it?!
2. People using the left (fast) lane and going SLOW... com'on now don't be a douche and hold up traffic.
3. Going BELOW the speed limit... I'm talking about like 20 below the speed limit.
4. People that take forever to make a turn when there is nobody in front of them. Take your foot of the brake and go.
5. One thing that I have to go through when getting into work... I have to merge into the left turning lane to get into Sam's. Well when the turning lane starts I merge right away... but people most of the time like to merge right at the end and don't see that I'm already in the lane. I don't know how many times people have almost hit me if I didn't honk at them.
6. The REALLY old people (Q-Tips) that drive here... if I could I'd buy them all mopeds
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #35
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Sorry! My bad I knew if I wasn't 100% PC I'd get told. God forbid I say something negative about women. Sorry but it's my observation and a pet peeve of mine okay?
Me too. And it's not my style to drag out gender stereotypes. But while I've noticed both, it seems to be women are taking the majority here. Especially with texting and driving. Who's the arsehole that invented texting anyway??

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #36
rahz28
Z28 Historian

Drives: 73 Z28,86,87 Z28, 2010 1LT/RS
This one happens all the time: Not a car behind me in sight, person 'rolls' thru the stop sign to pull right in front of me, then does 1 of 2 things: 1) drives 10 mph under speed limit 2) drives 500 feet then turns off into another road/parking lot.

Not a friggin sole behind me...can't wait 15 seconds for me to pass, has to get in front of me......

2nd favorite: Mall parking lots - person driving around looking for that ONE CLOSER spot, and will sit behind someone with there blinker on if they THINK they are leaving.....PARK THE DAMN CAR...you are going to walk around the mall for 2 hours anyways, what's another 20 FEET?????.....

1st Camaro memory: Cousin's brand new 1969 Z28 Black w/White stripes...I was 7 and a Camaro fan forever after.Multiple Camaro Owner...Latest 2010 1LT/RS.
rahz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #37
topgun1

man, the texting while driving or cell phones in general while driving are ridiculous. It's about 50% or more of drivers here. Texting while driving is illegal here in NC but how do you enforce that? I do see people, yes, lots of women, but men too that literally cannot stop holding their phone and cannot put their phone down while in a motor vehicle. They drive with it in one hand the whole time, or hold it at the top of the steering wheel and text while weaving all over the place and get to a light and they are texting or doing something with their phone continually, light turns green and you have to honk the horn because they are in text fantasy land.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #38
topgun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahz28 View Post
2nd favorite: Mall parking lots - person driving around looking for that ONE CLOSER spot, and will sit behind someone with there blinker on if they THINK they are leaving.....PARK THE DAMN CAR...you are going to walk around the mall for 2 hours anyways, what's another 20 FEET?????.....
Man, this is so true!! they will hold up traffic and sit there for 5 minutes waiting for someone who may be getting ready to leave, when they could drive 20 feet further like you said and park and already be in the store. This is the height of laziness.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #39
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Sitting in traffic at a 4-way stop sign while all the douches in front of you at the intersection spin their heads around like freakin' exorcist girl wondering whose turn it is. The first one at the intersection idiot! If you arrive at the same time, then the car on the right! How hard is it? Put down your damn phone and pay attention! Or the one in front of you who sits there for 3 seconds not knowing what to do because there is no one else there to get confused about. If I had a dollar for everyone of these morons I had to pass in the intersection because the cobwebs where attaching my hands to the steering wheel I could afford a chauffeur.
Sorry, what was the question?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #40
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I've never been tailgated so much since I've started driving this car. Everything else listed here is annoying but if you drive defensively then most other dangerous situations are avoidable.

I try to look at it this way: Not only are you driving your car, but you have to, in a way drive for everyone else to try and anticipate what they might do.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
How about people going straight in the right lane, not giving me enough room to make a right turn? And people in front of me making a right turn, not going over far enough to the right so I can go straight around them. Right turns... grrrr.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #42
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
This is a double gripe. Left wingers, these are the people that clog the left lane going below the limit and not passing anyone on a six lane highway. Right wingers, these are the A$$holes that fly up the right lane because the passing lane is tied up by the Left Wingers and when they come to a car in the right lane, they expect you to allow them to cut you off so that they can get into your lane and not need to slow down. I usually close the hole with the car in front of me so that they can not perform this maneuver and unless they have a ZR1 Corvette, there isn't a damn thing that they can do about it.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote