Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #29
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
GO HAWKS!! I love Chicago and have family there and a real good friend that a HUGE fan that probably took off work and is hung over!! It's great to see them bring back the Cup. They earned it!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #30
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
I was at the Calder Cup game 4 here so I didn't see it live, but that was the most anti climactic ending to a Stanley cup ever. 3/4ths of the Hawks didn't even know it went in. Lol. And I feel kinda bad for Leighton. He's a better goalie then that. That's going to haunt him for a looooooong time.

Good job hawks though. Team of destiny this year.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #31
rahz28
Z28 Historian

Drives: 73 Z28,86,87 Z28, 2010 1LT/RS
The worst stanley cup winning goal ever. Don't get me wrong, i was rooting for the Hawks, just NOT the way to end a very good series...thank goodness Patrick Kane knew he scored!

Overtime. Stanley Cup Winning Goal. Too bad it wasn't more clear.....

Jeremy Roenick getting emotional at the end...priceless! HAHAHAH

1st Camaro memory: Cousin's brand new 1969 Z28 Black w/White stripes...I was 7 and a Camaro fan forever after.Multiple Camaro Owner...Latest 2010 1LT/RS.
rahz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #32
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahz28 View Post
The worst stanley cup winning goal ever. Don't get me wrong, i was rooting for the Hawks, just NOT the way to end a very good series...thank goodness Patrick Kane knew he scored!

I'd have to disagree with you on that. Not because I'm a Blackhawks fan, but because of how it ended...in overtime...on a twisted wrister fired off like a rifle. When it went five hole and I saw Kane skating past raising his hands, and not even his own team believing him...priceless. OK, maybe a little because I'm a Blackhawks fan...

I think it would have been more clear if it was in the United Center, I think the goal judge didn't want to signal the goal. It wasn't unclear, just so fast.

JR crying was amazing! Whining like a little b!tch about never being able to do that with his Blackhawks? He played for the Flyers before he retired for crying out loud!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #33
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARS-SS View Post
I'd have to disagree with you on that. Not because I'm a Blackhawks fan, but because of how it ended...in overtime...on a twisted wrister fired off like a rifle. When it went five hole and I saw Kane skating past raising his hands, and not even his own team believing him...priceless. OK, maybe a little because I'm a Blackhawks fan...
As a hawks fan you have to admit you'd want a little more. Imagine PK deeking around Pronger and scoring a 1996 game 7 Steve Y slap shot from the blue line. There was so much drama this year in the playoffs, so many great games - I was expecting a 'history will be made' ending. Not a 'history was made....we think....yeah, yeah it was made....' ending.

Last edited by masterofpuppets; 06-10-2010 at 09:31 PM.
masterofpuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #34
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Congrats Blackhawks. Winning the cup is a feeling you "just have to be there" to experience.

I agree with most of ya's on the OT ending though. Not that it was a bad goal, it was more or less a "Missed Goal".. Would have like to have seen a clear cut "lazer rocket" shot from the top of the circle - and thank god they got JR to shutup, "his" Blackhawks my ass. Go jerk a tear elsewhere.

Way to go Hawks...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #35
nvpliers

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Red Jewel Tint
Sweet!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #36
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
midgard

Drives: red jewel camaro
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

9.81@142.02
Livernois 2nd Place Car Camaro5 Fest
Original Build 13 psi/nittos.....10.44@134
3.6KB/3.5 pulley/Stock t/b..Best 9.967@142.01

SSJ3...is done....mid 9s?Rossler 6l80E Transmission
KB 3.6LC,17" Bogarts, Thanks to Hendrix 9", Thanks to Pfadt
original T/b and converter, 419ci stroker (NO LSX Block)
midgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #38
SMGSS

Drives: 00 SS, 67 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARS-SS View Post

I think it would have been more clear if it was in the United Center, I think the goal judge didn't want to signal the goal. It wasn't unclear, just so fast.

JR crying was amazing! Whining like a little b!tch about never being able to do that with his Blackhawks? He played for the Flyers before he retired for crying out loud!
I agree the ending was a bit anti climatic, just because of how the goal was scored. It was a pretty good series though. I'm glad the Flyers lost (Go Pens)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahz28 View Post

anyone hear him at the NHL awards ceremony? haha someone brought up his crying after the game and he said this:

" you would cry too if you had to sit next to Mike Milbury for 4 hours"
SMGSS is offline   Reply With Quote