Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSSter View Post
I've said this before........I bought this for me to use, not save for someone else......When I sell it or trade it in, it will be all used up. Bought mine in November 2010 (2011 2SS/RS) and have been driving it ever since. It has 9000 miles on it now (I drive a lot) and it should have close to 200K on it when it is time to turn it. My 2006 Trailblazer SS had 150K on it when I traded it in on the Camaro. The Dealer gave me 10K for it on trade. I have a 1997 F150 that has 275K on it, but it still looks and runs great. I'm not lookin to sell someone else a great used car with low miles and hardly ever used......
FANTASTIC! My old work vehicle has 266k in it(2002 Dodge Ram Van) and only comes out when I really need it, the Camaro replaces it as the daily driver. My old van was just shy of 200k when I sold it, and he put another 75k on it before he sold it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneday View Post
Well said

I've had mine since last October and already 11.5k in all weather, and on the factory Pirelli's.... Im so glad i got one of those Camaro's that wasn't made of sugar!!!!! it was built to drive!
Glad to see some drivers on here! Since 8/23/2010...16600 miles.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I have a 93 Z28 that is DD, Honda VTX for summer riding, and 5th Gen to drive when I want to. Between the three I average 10 to 12,000 miles a year. Daily commute roundtrip is about 16 miles. What difference does it matter which one I put all of the miles on. One is for everyday and two are for pleasure. That's the way I like it!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #31
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
My SS is a toy and in the garage 99% of the time in the winter. I do take it out for 30 minutes or so every couple of weeks (when the roads are dry) just to keep it limber.
I don't use it in bad weather just so I don't have to spend 2 hours cleaning it after each use.
Just can't drive my car when it's dirty.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #32
JeSSter

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
My SS is a toy and in the garage 99% of the time in the winter. I do take it out for 30 minutes or so every couple of weeks (when the roads are dry) just to keep it limber.
I don't use it in bad weather just so I don't have to spend 2 hours cleaning it after each use.
Just can't drive my car when it's dirty.
Mine gets a bath (exterior) once a week. Metro Detroit area (my commute) uses a lot of salt. Between baths (hand wash with bucket and sponge) it doesn't take long to get dirty again. Interior gets cleaned as soon as it is put in the home garage. Most of the time that involves taking the floor mat out and cleaning it in the house. Interior rarely gets dirtier than the mats needing wiped off. At work, I park in assigned double-wide parking under the Ren Center (GM Headquarters). At home it is always parked in the garage. Metro Detroit is as salt intensive as anywhere else in the country, but these exteriors hold up pretty well. At 150K on the TBSS, did not have a single scatch or dent anywhere. It was Black in color and looked like it might have had 20K on it. I do not spend a huge amount of time cleaning it, but it does get done every week.
JeSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #33
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Drives: Bumbleblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
Today's cars are built very well and utilize technology to be adaptable to all weather conditions. Any car built today can be driven in any condition without succumbing to it.

A well-cared for and clean car is a well-cared for and clean car.

While it's nice to boast that your car has "never seen rain", who can tell? When fully detailed, my car looks like it's never even been driven when in reality it's a daily driver that hauls ass through these Canadian winters.

Right on!