Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #57
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
You should check the lemon laws for Florida,I have had two buy backs using it.No lawyer was involved I used the BBB.

If they have had three attempts they get a fourth and final attempt and if that defect hinders you from getting full value for the car its a lemon.I may be a little off but that is close to how I did mine.

One was a clicking in the rear going around corners and the other was a noisy differential.I used if I wanted to sale this car I would not get full value due to the buyer would notice it and either back off or discount the car.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #58
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Ya Bailout was an economy thing GM would've survived if not it would've fractured and Chevy would've survived as it's own. Though we gotour camaro's now lets get some decent customer service seeing we dump anywhere from 25k - 58k on these things they need to wake up.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #59
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #60
Ohten

Just got off the phone with GM's corporate office and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be resolved soon.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #61
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Just got off the phone with GM's corporate office and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be resolved soon.
What are the possible solutions?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #62
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
A little bit more of how my issue was resolved...

I think the majority of the work getting the Car replaced has to do with the Dealership.Better Dealerships care greatly about customer satisfaction after the sale,Mine certainly did.

They took photographs of the under carriage up on the lift and sent them to the regional representative.The Rep didn't even look at the Car in person.

The writing was on the wall and they could not deny there was a rust issue on the BRAND NEW car I had just bought about 30 days earlier.

I ordered my replacement car that week in the General Managers office because they didn't have one in stock to replace it with at the time.To make the paperwork legit,at least in my case,they acted as if it was a trade in and paid off the original loan,and opened a new loan with the exact same terms etc. on the replacement Car.
I did have to make one additional payment on the old Car's loan while mine was being built,but so what,I was happy for what they did.

The dealership sold my rusty car about a month later with full discloser to the new buyer about the issue....he didn't care.

That was how my situation was resolved.Maybe your Dealer would consider this.The GM rep made up the depreciation loss to the dealership,I don't know how much,but it was a win-win for me and the Dealership since they re-sold the Car so quickly.

I really think your Dealership could pull it off if they wanted to go through the paperwork hassle,etc.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #63
Ohten

Well ladies and gents of Camaro5 it appears as if I am screwed and stuck with this 3mo. old rust bucket .The dealer is telling customer service that this is only surface rust I call How in the f%#k can a car that was built 3/13 have this must rust and be called surface rust.While at the dealer my car in the air they raised another car up that was in for repair to check the underside.Boy did they look stupid when a car older than mine was in near pristine condition.Surface rust my ass

Of course customer service has no other option but to take the word of this dealer that missed all of this rust during the pre delivery inspection.The conversation that I had with customer service today did not seem to be in my favor.

To the nice young lady that did her best to help me out at customer service,I thank you.

To Chevrolet,rogue dealerships with their unscrupulous tactics to make a buck should be shut down.No one can make me believe that they did not know of this rust issue before the car was sold.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #64
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
LAWYER!!!! soo surface rust means what they just going to pressure wash the bottom of the car and just give it back to you! i would message/call the gm rep that be on the camaro5 forum and see what he says as well. cuz thats bs. if you have gap insurance then GOOD lUCK THOUGH

zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #65
Blakk11SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
OP, Your rust problem is pretty severe. Good luck on getting that resolved
Blakk11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #66
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Did you document this other camaro next to yours on the lift with photos and the dumb@$$ looks on their faces because that'd be a great thing to copy and send to GM next time you talk to them. also can someone in Detroit drive on over to the GM HQers and give them a good @$$ kicking for this continued neglect of camaro owners by both them and the dealerships they chose not to close. Course NH is having a good little fight poor dealerships don't wanna be told what to do by the manufacturers of the car which will only lead to more stealerships and shady crap if they get their way.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #67
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6

Like I said,it has everything to do with the way the Dealership handles it and represents the problem to GM.

It is obvious now that they did not go to bat for you.

Really sucks.....I would tell people in your area about this Dealerships practice.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #68
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Well. Looks like you are stuck with your car. Time to get under the car and use this http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81773...xp_grid_pt_0_0

It works wonders! It will stop the rust.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #69
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Get a lawyer. Contact the BBB, and start a case there. Once it escalates to that point, the dealer will be forced to answer the BBB. Document EVERYTHING. Pics of yours vs another stock unit vehicle, etc. Don't stop pressing; keep on them.

I used to authorize and process buybacks for FoMoCo. The process wasn't that difficult. If an regional/district rep hasn't personally examined the car, DEMAND it.

Best of luck to you.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #70
Ohten

It is finally over,I was told today to start looking for a new car.The service manager said that he will get my build sheet and get it to the sales department to get me a car with the same options I have now.