Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #43
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
you can't complain about that stuff if your not stock and your aftermarket parts aren't DOT approved or kept in check constantly...
The Vehicle is a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and the lights are OEM. It was 4:15 am and i was on my way to work. The Cops here in Arizona look for any reason to pull people over...just the way it is out here.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #44
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
Alright now! Who's been killing kids on the highway?

When there is a stupid assumption made, the best way to handle it is with a stupid counter assumption is it not?

An eye for an eye is apparently how the children play out here.
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #45
Noturday
[Not-your-day]

Drives: 2005 Avalanche
i get it all the time in my Avalanche, the fogs are apparently really bright, and kind-of upward angled, but i love having my fog lights on and im not about to turn them off, so i set up my truck to have the highs lows and fogs on at the same time when i hit the high beams to flash them back.

i would really like to put HID low beams and fogs on my truck, but i can only imagine how many people i would piss off then. i'll be nice....for now
Old 09-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #46
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
When there is a stupid assumption made, the best way to handle it is with a stupid counter assumption is it not?
I believe it's spelled stoopid.

And why are you messing with this silly little high beams thread when there's a street racing thread that needs another nanny before the lock?
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #47
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
there's a street racing thread that needs another nanny
It's got nothing to do with street racing. And nobody is being a "Nanny". If it needs explaining, the children here won't understand it anyway.
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #48
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I think he means to blind drivers
I think your correct.
Aaron Gold, About.com

Old 09-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #49
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Blind drivers....

...shouldn't be driving anyway.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #50
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
"The cops look for a reason to pull you over."

?????

If they are working traffic duty isn't that what we are paying them to do?

Just sayin'
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #51
Jas29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
happens in my grandpa's van a lot some guy even came out of his car to tell me that i'm retard for having HID on a mini van(its a stock Pontiac Montana SV6). I just sat there and started high beaming him while he was walking back to his car.
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #52
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Both sides...

I understand both sides. When HID headlights started hitting the road on a regular basis, they definately looked like "brights" compared to conventional headlights. And for someone who hates driving at night, but has done it plenty... I hated passing cars with HID's. Well that is until I got HIDs...

Now that I have them, I wouldn't trade 'em for any conventional headlights in the world! If you want to see... get HIDs! I love 'em!

"I wear my sunglasses at night!"
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #53
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
just turn on the high beams and show them what power they have!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote